The word C#nt

Discussion in 'General' started by Gimmie a Puff, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Haha wtf? Are you some kind of crazy feminist? Or smoking some bad product perhaps?

I don't use it to refer to women. I don't even 'refer' to women that often, I'm actually gay...

Depending how its used here, most often its an endearing term for a friend or acquaintance, such as 'mate' or 'buddy'.

If I ever use it in a derogatory manner, its generally towards an inanimate object that has either malfunctioned or caused some kind of physical injury etc.

2. The terrible American version is doing much better in the ratings and is signed up for a third season, which is one more than the ausie version ran before they were forced to sell it due to it's lack of success.

3. #43 Gimmie a Puff, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    where the fuck did this come from?

who said anything about hating women? I never call a woman a cunt. unless of course shes being a REAL cunt. :D as in crazy bitch cunt. like real real crazy.

4. interesting haha.

5. same here hahaha, we are just filthy cussing cunts.

6. When the word "bitch" just isn't good enough pull out the cunt word. But better keep a watch out for a smack coming from the female you're calling it to. I don't really say it much unless she is really just pissing me off and I feel like getting under her skin but I have noticed in other countries it is used more.

7. I think cunt is a perfectly acceptable word when you are referring to your vagina or your friends. I think it sounds much nicer than "snatch" or "vulva" both of which just sound vile as hell to me.

I live in the US and I have a RIGHT to NOT be offended by ANYTHING :)

8. Most people use it in the UK, or at least London, its a great word and works in most sentences.

9. every violent abuser I ever knew and I knew many grew up with a bunch of them, they all use it. It is true and keep on...it is a major indicator of their potential or past.

10. Don't even get me started on you guys ruining shows from Aus/Uk... Red Dwarf. The IT Crowd. Spaced. Inbetweeners. Kath & Kim. etc.

Anyway, the Australian version was a small, low budget production which originated from a short film which was basically funded by Jason (Wilfred) and Adam themselves. This short film made up the first half of the pilot.

It was aired on the least viewed free-to-air network (SBS) in Australia, in the worst possible timeslots, with almost no advertising.

It was never exposed to the kind of audience, or anywhere near the kind of promotion that the american series recieved on a major network (FX).

The Australian version is a completely different kind of series, while the American version is some kind of drama/comedy 'dramedy' trash that tries far too hard to retain the feel of the original series while working in the terrible relationships in some horrible mish-mash.

I've watched the entirety of both series. In comparison, it really is is just absolutely terrible.

11. There's The Office! That's better than the original UK version. I can't think of anything else though.
    On the flip-side, the UK version of That '70s Show sucked so much it was axed after a couple of episodes.
    I like both versions of Wilfred. It's been a long time since I've seen the original so I can't compare at the moment, but I remember when the US version first started I preferred the original.

12. Most US adaptions suck balls, and never make it far before being cancelled, and have no fan base.

Just pointing out that Wilfred was much more better received over here, and has a strong fan-base. I enjoy the show, I'm sure it's different than the original, but different doesn't make it shit. Especially when it's doing so well. All the advertising in the world and promotion can't make people like a show.

13. true, do you mean calling women cunts or like 'hows it going cunt?' to a mate.

14. Yeah, the office, I'll give it to yous cunts for that. Probably the only show done better in america. You fucked up skins and shameless real bad though. I can't wait to get to america and slip out cunt in every second sentence. Ill be like fuck up cunt its just how we talk get over it ya soft cunt.

My favourite adaptations of the word are cunt-knuckle, cuntasaurus, mothercunt and just plain old cunty.

15. Cunt is a term mainly for male companions and inanimate objects in australia, women are bitches, chicks or girls. Or sluts, sings, sangs, stings, lovelies, dardys, slappas, slurrys...

16. slappas hahaha. haven't heard that one in ages

17. Ha yea i use it all the time

18. It's weird how sex and cursing are considered so bad in the us but violence is not I can show some guy getting his head blown off and no body cares but as soon as you say motherfucking ****** shit cunt everyone is so offended it's just a word what ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me

19. I love how on tv ass is fine to say but not ass hole. And you can god and you can say damn but some how putting those two words together is highly offensive.

20. On the subject of TV shows, you've got to remember that series' are produced differently in the UK/Oz and USA. If a show is popular in the US, multiple seasons are produced for multiple years until the fan base slowly drops of the edge of a cliff and dies, resulting in the show's long overdue cancellation. In the UK, many shows are written and produced to run for only a season, maybe two. Some of the most popular British shows of all time are only 6, 10, 12 episodes. That includes The Office.

On the subject of Aussie's swearing, this is my favorite summary of what it's like. I couldn't find a good quality version:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os_6JqJUWvU]Arj Barker on Australian Swearing - YouTube[/ame]