The "Why I am up this late" Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by jamesh, Apr 16, 2010.

1. #1 jamesh, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    I find myself being up past 5 a.m. every night....er, morning. Why? Insomnia sucks.
    It's 4;22 a.m. here and I was wondering why would anyone else be awake at this time?
    That and this thread could possibly make up for late night/early morning boredom.

Different time zones are considered only.

2. I'm the same way, frelling insomnia.
    and I have class at nine.
    maybe if i had some weed i could get to sleep...

3. Those nights are worse...tonight is one of those nights for me as well.

Though if I smoked I'd still be up this late, it would just be more tolerable lol.

4. 3:30 here.

I have random acts of insomnia a few times a year that usually last a few days to a week...

This happens to be one of them...

5. I wish mine was only a "few times"....or not at all. One can not be that lucky though, assuming.

6. 2:40 here

shit sucks, its been every night as long as i can remember. weed knocks me out but the family and my gf disapprove of the stench, so i'm pretty sol there,

but,

i went into the new doc for help with sleeping / back pain, and the bitch put me on a fucking antidepressant. I ought to smack her upside the head if i ever see her again. I paid $30 for the prescription and didn't even find out it was an antidepressant til i researched in online when i got home. not even the pharmacist who did a consult with me informed me it was an anti depressant.

i think its time to get back into my previous doctors office, for some actual help.

7. Lifelong Insomnia
    Chronic pain
    I've only averaged a coupla' hrs a night for years..............sucks,just sucks:(

8. becuz i enjoy the peacefulness of night and chillin at the house late smokin

9. because, i have no fuckin life right now

thats the simple reason

10. say it aint so,

apparently insomnia runs in my family too, i dunno if thats pertinent or not, but still makes me feel shittier about not being able to sleep.

11. I dont have class til 1PM most days of the week, its 440AM now and im about to get some sleep for class at 2 tomorrow so stayin up this late doesnt really bother me...
    Also a constant supply of alcohol and weed gives me motivation to not sleep

12. This could also be my reason....I just don't understand why that would cause one to be up late?
    But if it's happening to two people and plenty of others(I'm sure). It must be a reason!

13. i've got classes at 11, i think its time to bump class times back for next semester.

i wish i had a constant supply of my favorite two substances, alcohol and weed, too

14. That would help me sleep tremendously...combined with weed too.....mmm good sleep from passing out.

15. +1

alcohol helps me sleep, err pass out. it helps in that aspect, and to curb hangovers i just chug water incessantly throughout the couple hours before i pass out.

anyways, i haven't had a drink in about 9 days now, it doesn't sound like much, but i think its the longest i've been without a drink since this school year started in august... so maybe its a good thing, i'll give my liver a break for a bit.

but in that, i get to deal with this stupid ass insomnia, and stay up all fucking night doing jack shit.

oh and i haven't smoked weed in about a month now either.

16. Doc tried me on antidepressants......started savin' pain meds to kill myself:rolleyes: wtf Doc out me on Ambien for insomnia......Woke up walkin' down the main Hwy. at 4:45 am...in my underwear, wtf:eek:

MJ helps sometimes........the rest of the time........WTF!! I'd kill for sleep:(:smoke:

17. Messed up sleep patterns due to without having a job or social life.

18. #18 snozzberries, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
    holy shit man.

i'm real reserved when it comes to sleeping pills, thats the thing. i've heard stories like that, and my roommate last year got straight zombied on the pills he was on for sleep. it was weird as shit.

i'd like to just smoke before going to bed, actually i would rather vape. It'll just take a bit of convincing for my gf to get on board...

shit's rough :mad:

edit:
    i dunno why the fuck the doctor put me on antidepressants and didn't say anything about them being antidepressants. she said they were mild analgesics that would help with my back pain and help me sleep.
    my ass, i do not need anti depressants, i'm usually a pretty happy guy, just have sleep issues.

19. I nap during the day. This is my normal up time. Why am I still on line? I have been trying to post a new thread in the music department and something won't let me. Checking the router, I think it's on my end.

Anyway. Time for M*A*S*H

RUSH-TIME MACHINE TOUR

rush.com

20. drank at my frat with our partners for greek week.

drank 18 beers and then probably 3-4 shots (dont remember that part of the night ;)) in about 3 hours.. hooked up with some hotties. so being up now at 3:10 is well worth it :metal: :smoke: