Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The whole "Mango" Myth

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shmev, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Does it actually work? It would be really awesome if it did intensify your high, does anyone have any experience with this? Also what kind of mango, like over-ripe, ripe.....or even juice. What type of mango and mango foods can you eat/drink to get higher?

2. Over-ripe mango would work the best. A lot of people have said it works for them. Try it out for yourself.

3. I've read that on a chemical level there is some shit in mango that could potentially help THC be absorbed by your CB receptors but I'm pretty sure it'd be way way to little to notice.

4. It DOES work. It really helps accelerate and sustain your high, I know from experience. Take a ripe mango [not OVERLY ripe, but REALLY, REALLY ripened] mango, cut it up, eat the whole thing, wait an hour, smoke a few bowls, find Lassy on Jupiter surrounded by dried goldfish and pink gargoyles.

5. "Unlike the rumor smoking banana peels will produce a high, mangoes do contribute to increasing a stoners' weed high. \tMarijuana contains a chemical called Myrcene. High grade marijuana bud generally contains a comparatively higher concentration of myrcene than low grade cannabis bud.
    \tMangoes, Lemon grass, and other less-common plants also contain high amounts of this chemical. Myrcene is believed to aid the potency of the marijuana high by allowing the psychoactive chemicals found in cannabis, namely THC, to cross the blood-brain barrier more efficiently.
    \tThe following method does work, however there are some variables. Adding mangoes to your diet is an excellent choice regardless if you determine they don't increase your marijuana high.
    \tI've determined when smoking high grade marijuana bud, you are less likely to feel any difference because the bud already contains a high amount of myrcene.
    \tTo discover the effect mangoes have on your weed high, smoke lower grade marijuana.
    \tPurchase a small amount of schwaggy marijuana.
    \t \tAn hour before burning a marijuana joint eat a mango.
    \tSmoke the commercial grade cannabis.
    \tSee if the low quality marijuana gets you higher than expected.
    \tSome stoners report getting ripped.
    \tWith heart racing palpitations!
    \tBody weight and metabolism may be a factor.
    \tIf one mango doesn't work, don't give up, try eating two next time.
    \tI'm a big fan of mangoes and inhaling marijuana.
    \tEating mangoes before and after smoking marijuana.
    \tYou may also experiment with the amount of time you wait before smoking.
    \tAnother great experiment is eating mangoes to solve your munchies.
    \tInstead of devouring a bag of potato chips eat a mango immediately following your marijuana session.
    \tEven when smoking high grade marijuana, eating mangoes for munchies will lengthen your marijuana high.
    \tStretch it out."

Get Higher with Mangoes - A good way to increase the potency of

:wave:

6. Does mango juice work just as well or does it absolutely have to be one you cut up at home?

7. "There is a brand in AUS called golden circle who make a mango nectar drink which is 30% mango pulp and it does a superb job at intensifying the high. Just as effective as actual mangoes in my opinion and 10x more conveniant."

This is from a poster with an identical thread. Search on Google this thread comes up all the time.

8. It does but not nearly as good because most mango juices arent totally organic, and mangos are packed with WAYYYY more Myrcene in the flesh than simply in the juice. Get a whole mango, its like $1.29. So you can either use that money to get a blunt, or increase your high exponentially if you smoke out of a pipe/bong/vape/ect.

9. there is a myth, Could be a placebo, Could be the mycern, Could be over ripe rotten fruit gets you FUCKED up...

Could be the weed, Its all just up to you really.

But Mycern in the blood helps the THC connect to the blood and get past the brain/blood barrier. Helps it absorbed.

Just really Some say it does, Some say it dont, Its all up to you do you know the difference between weed type highs, the highs. then maybe you can tell do you feel different then normal.

Just FREAKING try it if you want to know an answer, just try it.

You dont learn anything unless you try it. you can debate, but untill you do it, you have no say either :p.

No mango juice wont work... Juice is usually 3% juice from concentrate

Best is a over rip mango.

10. LMAO!! XD

But yea supposedly mangos do help the THC be absorbed.

11. I've only attempted this myth once. I bought a Naked drink (the kind with a lot of mangoes) and drank it about 30 minutes before smoking.

Now, I really am not sure if it was a placebo effect or not, but I definately felt a little higher than when I don't have mangoes.

12. THIS! yes the mango nectar does a superb job i drink it all the time regardless of getting blazed ( taste soo good) , the best is having a glass waiting abit then realizing after ripping a fat bong your high as fuck from the mango nectar you just forgot that u drank :D

13. It's not a myth, it does work. There are two main things in Cannabis that produce the high we're used to, the Cannabinoids, these include THC and CBD, among many other chemicals that are present in smaller amounts, and the terpenes, one of which is myrcene.

Terpenes help produce some of the many smells that Cannabis can have, but they also affect the high and are what is to blame for the funny reports we sometimes here about Police thinking they are high when busting a large grow operation. The terpenes in the air can act as sedatives, making you feel slightly drowsy, and so more terpenes means a more "stoned" effect.

Mangos, especially slightly over-ripe ones contain a nice amount of myrcene, so they can enhance the "stoned" effect further.

Hope this helps.

14. There was two threads about this yesterday. what happened to the serach function? hell you could even click last on the page button at the bottom and find it. I bet when you check those threads (if you even decide to) that you will find people saying the exact same thing they are in here. its never neccessarily been a myth. its been around for quite sometime.

15. am just wondering about the effects of the mango on the high. if the consumption is 1/2 hour to an hour, there is a likelihood that the high is elevated by a crash from the sugar high that an overly ripe mango would provided.... what do u guys think? mangoes generally have a high sugar content in them.. and eating a whole mango would most definitely give u a great sugar high - followed by a massive blood sugar crash? i've smoked long enough and develop abit of a tolerance to notice that high sugar foods affect/reduce my highs... bt an hour after ingestion of said foods (during munchies lol) i either pass out/fall asleep. therefore i never eat sweet things when i have the munchies.. just heaps of sugar free jell-o... bt then again what if the aspartame content has messed up my bodies' response to sugar?... that, or i could be diabetic (who knows?)
    comments on this please. am so excited cos its mango season here....

16. Theres a mango thread made just about every week.

people really need to use the search function.

Its not a myth, its the myrcene, just accept it and try it and be done with it.

17. I ate half of a slightly unripe mango. Didn't do nothing, I need a more ripe mango and to eat a whole one for conclusive results.

18. HTP-5 .. you can purchase it in a supplement.

The mango experiment worked for me :)

19. I've never tried it, but from what most people say it seems to be true:) I've also heard about dark chocolate having the same effect. both of these could just depend on the person though. It's definitely worth trying imo, mangos and dark chocolate with a really high percentage of cocoa are both really good for you.:p

20. grasscity needs its own scientists