The White Stripes

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Blazin Budz, Jun 12, 2007.

1. i just got stoned and listened 2 The White Stripes Live in Blackpool, England DVD..its amazing. ne thoughts?

2. I heard george harrison say the beatles would go see Blackpool light, whats that? Completely different place all together? or am I just in the right place at the wrong time? haha yeah, thats how I feel everyday..........what an amazing concert, im going to see them in 4 days at Bonnaroo!:smoke:

3. I'm not real into white stripes, but I really like their new stuff so maybe I'll drop some cash on their cd's soon

4. I read somewhere that their recent album took a total of 3 weeks to record. THE LONGEST RECORDING SESSION OF WHITE STRIPES HISTORY!

AHAHAH. I can't help but fucking laugh at this. What pathetic jokes. Bands stay in the stuio for long extended periods of time, but nope, not this superstar group that makes millions. Yeah, the music industry isn't fucked or anything.

5. The new album is absolutely brilliant, Jack shows off a lot on the guitar but it gets you really hooked. He also has a really trippy track called Conquest with some Mariachi trumpets, so you know you'll be hearing something different. If you like Rock and Roll, at least give a listen to:

-Rag and Bone
    -I'm Slowly Turning Into You
    -A Martyr For My Love For You
    -Catch Hell Blues

The drums are never an impressive aspect of the band as everyone knows but they have a sweet sound on this album.

6. i havnt seen that, but i love the white stripes. have you heard their new song? it kicks ass man

7. What does length of time have anything to do with the outcome???

Are you suggesting that for a band to create a good album they must take a certain period of time to record it?

I personally think The White Stripes are pretty brilliant. I hated them when they first came out.

But now- o man, they must be one of my favorite bands. Just cannot help singing along to 90% of their stuff.

EDIT:: Best lyric in the new song "Icky Thump":
    Well, Americans:
    What, nothin' better to do?
    Why don't you kick yourself out?
    You're an immigrant too.​

8. Conquest is my favorite song i've heard so far. his new stuff is really good i think. a lot more focus on vocals and i like the different instrument/sounds he gets his instruments to make on the new cd..

9. i love the new album. i just bought it a few days ago and haven't listened to any other cd yet haha people who haven't given them a good honest listen are often swept into this idea that they do really simple catchy stuff, but i mean, i hear some pretty sweet stuff on the guitar.