The White Stripes are dead.

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Jimi Thing, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Damn bro.. I use to remember jammin to Seven Nation Army back in the day with my cousin. Fun times

At least they left their mark. Being able to hold a fan base for 12+ years ain't easy.

2. i fucking love them... right down from denial twist to my doorbell :(

3. a real shame....

4. not cool.

5. That sucks man they were a good band

6. Make sure you guys check out Jack's other bands, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather. Some good stuff.

7. Ironically enough I just started watching It Might Get Loud...

Could be a blessing in disguise for the industry all and all, expecting good things from Third Man Records.

8. It was just Jack and his girl wasn't it?

Still, sad day for modern rock music, Seven Nation Army is and will always be a classic.

9. I can't listen to the White Stripes anymore without thinking about how I'll never get to see them live. :(

10. Meh, I like The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather so im still gonna get my Jack White fill.

11. good thing ive seen death weather the raconteurs and the stripes all in concert.

and the raconteurs are way better then any of his projects other then the white stripes.

12. Man, I fuckin love The White Stripes, I lvoe everything they've did. The White Stripes are the epitome of originality :(

13. Sucked when they were alive.

14. im just wondering how many people even knew about the stripes before thei:smoke:r breakup....

15. Man I've known about them since they came out.
    I'm so pissed at my mom for saying I was too young
    to go see them when they rolled through here a few
    years ago. She'll never be forgiven now.

It wasn't about the band, she just didn't want me
    going to that specific venue. BULLLLSHIIT!

I share the same sentiment as Mr. Q.
    :(

Yesterday was a sad day in music. I read their
    statement and I just refuse to accept they wanted
    to preserve something beautiful and blah blah...
    They could've continued adding to the beautiful...

:( :( :( :(

16. They weren't exactly underground, you know.

There are plenty of real rock groups left. Look harder.

17. yeah, roland, i know what you mean but this whole thing sort of reminded like back in day when a good amount of people listened to niravan but after the band broke due to a shotgun, lots and lots more people started to listen to them....

18. I mean they are brother and sister right? Im pretty sure those where the only 2 people in the band...

Soo.. In reality.. They will prolly do some shows in a few years.. That happens alot :D

19. No they're were married and then got divorced.

But in all reality can't we all agree Meg White really sucked? Don't get me wrong Jack is amazing but Meg is not a real musician to me.