The wheel of time series

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by MrGreenTea, May 22, 2012.

1. Does the series start to slow after lord of chaos? Also does Jordans death mess up the series .. does his son do the series any justice?

2. I stopped reading after the 4th or 5th one. Really good series, although I heard his son completely ruins it.

3. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']I stopped reading after the 4th or 5th one. Really good series, although I heard his son completely ruins it.[/quote]

Damn! All the build up for nothing... I was sad to hear he died before his last book.. I talked to some ol lady at barnes and she said it was different but was still looking forward to his books.. really sucks that he didn't have the chance to finish his work... kind of like if Tolkien died before the return of the king.. except jordan had written about ten books already.. :( Ive already read lord of chaos(#6).. just rereading cause its been awhile but still has me hooked ..

4. I did the exact same thing.

5. It slows a little from books 8 through about 11 or so. Brandon Sanderson took over the series after Robert Jordan died (Sanderson is not his son) and Sanderson's books (12 and 13 so far, the final one is due in January) have been at least as good as the best ones written by Jordan.

6. [quote name='"TheDankDude"']I stopped reading after the 4th or 5th one. Really good series, although I heard his son completely ruins it.[/quote]

Same here. And it's been years so I'd pretty much have to reread them

-________________-

7. [quote name='"ZihgZag"']

Same here. And it's been years so I'd pretty much have to reread them

-________________-[/quote]

Same here ... about 5 yrs ... decided to just reread the glossary and vocabulary in the back ... start of where I left off... its starting to come back to me...

8. Originally I stopped reading at book ten when it came out, but Ive been rereading the series to catch up since the last one is coming out in January. It's still really good on a re-read, and the friends I know that have read the newest one's say that they're as good as the better of them by Jordan, just with a little faster pacing and a willingness to actually wrap up plot threads.

9. The Sanderson books saved the series IMO. Crossroads of Twilight read like a book about crappy women's fashion.

I can't wait for the final book to come out later this year!

***SPOILER***

The scene where Rand goes to the top of Dragonmount and merges with LTT was awesome.

10. God yes. I just finished Towers of Midnight, and I cannot WAIT until January for A Memory of Light to come out. I already told my girl not to expect a word out of me for a day or two while I inhale the last book.

11. I have the series on my kindle so I hope it's pretty good. Haven't started it yet. But would you guys rather have an unfinished series? Was it really that bad? No spoilers please but does he really fuck it up? I thought it was kind of nice that the son decided to pick up where the father left off, just seems... special..

12. I, personally, like the new books just as much as the ones written by Jordan.

13. Sometimes...after I've smoked a couple bowls...I concentrate on the flame and the void and try to touch the True Source....

14. Still on the first book, half way through and I do like it but for some reason it is taking me forever and usually I read A LOT. I have read all of Brandon Sandersons other stuff and I love his writing.

His Mistborn trilogy is AMAZING! and he is starting his own epic fantasy saga called the stormlight archive. Only book 1 is out and that is amazing too.