The West Wing

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by MrGers, Aug 27, 2009.

1. I love Aaron Sorkin.
    The West Wing is an AMAZING show that gathers some absolutely amazing actors with some amazing writers and have a show about real situations, real problems, and the people whom deal with them. Sam, Josh(and Donna), C.J., Leo, Toby and lets not forget Ansley are my new heroes, while the POTUS Jeb Bartlet is just...well, the shit.
    Having both of my parents working in the government, i've always been a little bias and enjoy watching the romanticism of government work. That's the personal reason, I believe, that I love this show. I highly suggest anyone who's ever been to Washington D.C. or ever taken any interest in how this country is run watch at least the first 2 seasons. Also, the writing, have I mentioned the writing? is amazing. the wit and repartee of the characters, the way the plots all come together, the useless fun facts that come with every episode...Sorkin hit his stride with this one.
    BTW, if anyone's ever seen SportsNight, Sorkin's first show, its also amazing, but obviously rough compared to WW, hence the "hit his stride" remark.
    Now to round out the post with some Favorite West Wing quotes which may soon become my sig:

This guy's walkin' down a street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by and the guy shouts up, "Hey you! Can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole, and moves on. Then a priest comes along and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole; can you help me out?" The priest writes out a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. "Hey, Joe, it's me. Can ya help me out?" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are ya stupid? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before and I know the way out.
    -Leo McGarry

"I want to be a comfort to my friends in tragedy and I want to laugh with them in triumph, and in between, i just want to be able to look them in the eye."
    -Josh Lyman

2. Come on!!!!

3. the west wing is a tv show written by aaron sorkin. its about the president of the united states and his staff. its quick witted, smart, and semi-realistic. I highly suggest everyone watch some of it.