The Weather Outside Is Frightful. Let It Grow, Let It Grow, Let It Grow A 1St Time Indoor Growing Experience.

Discussion in 'General' started by Wilted_Brainz, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Howdy GC, 

My 1st post after my introduction.  I live pretty rural out on the NE US, and was wanting to start myself a small grow closet to learn the technique of indoor doobie bush growing :p.  I don't want to have a huge field of dreams, due to the fact that I might lose my property.  I grow 2 females a year outside, but never did an inside grow.  Now that the sale of normal incandescent light bulbs are no more, this makes my life easier.  Thank you Uncle Sam for making CFL's the standard light bulb.  Now on to my questions.

1.  I have read a bit on the use of CFL's and growing.  What I have seen was to use soft white until flowering, then switch to cool white.  Is this important, or can I use the soft white for the whole grow?

2.  I do not want to grow this inside my house, but I have a trailer that is by me that has no power to it.  I can run an extension cord to it that will be hidden, but no heat source.  I really do not want to put an electric heater in there unattended.  Is there a better, more safer way to keep my babies warm in the cold months?  I do plan to insulate the closet with 6 in. fiberglass, covered with 1 in. foam celotex to keep the itchy scratchy down.  What else can I do to keep the temps right please?

3.  Growing outdoors here is pretty cut and dry, due to the fact that mother nature does everything for you.  I was reading up on the use of coffee grounds for inside growing.  If I remember, they are high in Nitrogen.  Is this correct?  I also live by a mushroom mine.  Is the mushroom manure better than standard fertilizers for indoors?  Can I use peat moss in place of topsoil?

I am sure that my questions will get more plentiful in the future, but for now, I will start with baby steps.  I am not worried about nosey neighbors,   I live on 52 acres, surrounded by farms that are 400 + acres large.  I do have to watch on my electric bill as much as possible, due to the fact that living this rural is not cheap by any means, so saving $$$ on everything is a plus.  I have Mr. Bergman's grow bible to help me along on a lot of the questions, but it is nice to have multiple resources at my fingertips.  I will take a gander at the forums more on here, but I made this post for multiple reasons.

1.  To get to know the community, and.....

2.  To keep all my questions in one place to watch.

Nice to meet you all, and hope to have a nice green winter this year.  Keep the faith :) .