The way to lose weight:)

Discussion in 'General' started by Cheating Death, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Eat less shit more:)

2. sounds like the middle ground for every other diet lol

3. I HAVE gained some since i started smoking. Damn munchies >< Also food just tastes so much better while high!

4. word. everything is better high.

5. The way to lose weight: get off your fatass and move around a bit. And eat less.

It's a shame so many people can't grasp this concept, hokey diet creators included

6. what if you like food and dont like activity?

7. I smoke, and surprisingly I've actually been able to like eat really healthy. I never thought I'd be able to do it because every time I'm high I want like cookies and french fries and stuff, but I just made it so there was only fruit and vegetables and healthy shit around the house. I don't need to lose weight whatsoever, it's just that life is much better when you're healthy.

8. Get off computer.
    Exercise.
    ???
    Profit?

9. Then you're destined to be a fatty forever. Even if you're not now because you have a teenager's metabolism, it'll happen eventually.

Unless you can consume less calories than you burn just sitting around...in which case you'd probably get sick and then eventually die from malnutrition.

10. What if you're 20 and have a piece of shit for a metabolism? Are you destined to be fat forever unless you work out religiously for the rest of your life? How awful. *eats a cookie*

*dies*

jkjk I do need to burn off a lot of fat though. Both of my parents have a great metabolism and here I am with this piece of shit metabolism. Just thinking of food I can feel my ass get bigger :mad:

11. People say eat less, thats not correct, you can eat alot of food and still maintain a healthy weight, it's just the food's you eat

12. You're not fat.

And no, you're not destined to be that way. Losing weight is 95% diet. It all happens in the kitchen. The working out just gets your cardiovascular system in proper order, and your muscular system ready to adapt to having to pull less weight, and to fill out that loose skin.

Just start eating better, and the weight will begin to come off. Obviously it's different for everybody, but somebody who has a proper diet will not remain overweight forever. That much is a fact.

13. Wrong, anything in excess is bad. Maybe if you have a very fast metabolism but normal or unlucky people have to watch everything they eat. EVERYTHING. I can't just go to the store and eat 25 apples instead of cookies. It doesn't work that way. That's still a fuckload of calories you're eating.

The logic of losing weight is eat less, exercise more. That's it.

14. Eat healthy. :)

When I see someone gulping down a pop like it's going out of style, I cringe. Treat your body good and it will treat you good.

15. This isn't correct either. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. 100 calories from chocolate is the same as 100 calories from flax to the body. How those foods break down, and what they get used for, is what makes the difference.

You can sit around all day and eat nothing strawberries if you want. If you're eating 2500 calories worth of strawberries a day, and only burning 500 calories a day, you WILL gain weight. Even worse, that weight is gonna come on quickly because of the insulin response to all the fructose in those strawberries (just a tip though: strawberries have less fructose than most fruits).

Losing weight is this: consume ONLY what you need, and consume less calories than you expend. Everybody expends calories while just sitting around, albeit not that many. Just a 20min walk during the day will cause you to expend more calories at rest than just sitting around all day will.

16. How is this wrong? I eat about 5-6 meals a day taking in about 3000 calories and im maintaining a healthy weight, while getting fit accually. Some pro athletes consume 4000+ calories a day, but thats because they are burning them at amazing rates.

Everything in excess isnt bad btw;)

I should have added in my other post about exercise too..

17. were all wrong here. the only way to lose weight is to eat more.

18. Dude, ass is a good thing.

I'm not hitting on you, but just saying.

19. Okay....look at what you just said. 3000 calories per day plus I'm assuming you work out since you said you're getting fit? I believe men need 2500 calories a day. Anyways, do you eat 5-6 small portions throughout the day? People do this to speed up their metabolism. Instead of eating 3 huge meals a day you break it down into about 6. You're pretty much eating every 3 hours and keeping your metabolism on the go = weight loss. Now, if you were eating 6 normal or big sized meals there is no way in hell you'd be getting "fit".

20. People that do weight training eat 5+ normal sized meals a day to get enough energy to do there workouts