The Way the World Ends

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MadMax420, Jul 31, 2009.

1. In this post I cover the end of the world and the way I view it religiously.
    Please comment and share you perspective.

I am kinda agnostic but recently have been leaning towards a more christian religious view. I believe that in the near future worldwide stability will be offset by some displaay of nuclear power prompting a preemtive strike sparking a global nuclear conflict and ultimately anihilating the majority of life on earth or acts of terrorism will spark a global nuclear conflict with the same result. By assessing Americas relationships with other foreign countries one can see that WW3 is not that far out of the question. We have poor relations with middle eastern countries, China, Russia, N. Korea, some South American countries, and many others. We are still under constant threat from various terrorist groups. All this and the American public barely seems worried, under a veil of ignorance. The only thing keeping other countries in check is the 'mutual destruction' factor; that if one country nukes us we will nuke back resulting in the attacking country being destroyed too. However, terrorist groups don't have a 'return address.' They can attack us without fear of immediate retaliation. On top of that they already have countless radicals ready to die for their religion. Well funded terrorist organizations already have access to nuclear weapons. Al Qaeda has access to roughly 40 WMDs and they arent going to just sit on their asses and not use them. In fact the only plausible reason for them to stockpile WMDs of this number without using them is if they were planning on one big attack. The perfect storm theory is where a terrorist organization gets nukes into position in many major cities and political targets across the US and detonate them all in one day sending the US into a state of chaos and killing millions.
    At that time I will make a final decision on my religious beliefs. If things play out according to revelations from the new testament I will believe in christianity and if they do not I will be agnostic. In order for things to happen like in revelations the entire US or possibly a major city in the US would have to be destroyed in one day by ten nations. Then a quarter of the earths population would have to die out. Then the antichrist or someone akin to him, possibly Osama, would come to power and claim he is christ, even though he isnt. Then the time of Wrath would come and anyone who didnt accept the mark wouldnt be able to function in the new world order however anyone who did would be tortured for eternity in hell. Then after the Time of Wrath during which the majority of the earths remaining population will be decieved and demons will perform miracles, the true christ will liberate everyone who remained faithful or repented for their sins and He will throw satan into hell. There will be two raptures; one before the time of Wrath in which only super christian people will be taken and then one after where everyone else christian will(given that they repent).
    That stuff is pretty dark but thats how its portrayed in the bible. Thats pretty much all of revelations translated. I believe the end of the world will come in the next 50 years whether or not revelations becomes true or not.
    I plan on surviving the first nuclear exchange and after a month of staying in a fallout shelter I will travel to the eastern side of the rockies near or in yellowstone where fallout and radiation will be minimal in comparison to the rest of the US given that nuclear reserves, major cities, missile launch sites are all attacked. Fallout will be spread accross most of the US due to global winds and the coriolis effect.

Use this information as a warning of what is certainly the future. In other words, we are SCREWED.

2. Your wisdom is incomprehensible...

3. it is very early, my head hurts a bit. interesting read though.

4. You're wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE]YouTube - End Of Ze World[/ame]

5. al quaeda = CIA, MI-5/6, Mossad.

next up on the global agenda: depopulation ('swine' flu and other bioweapons).

6. Legit sense...

7. this is why i cant take you seriously

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpWT0HbJXv4]YouTube - Halo 3 Ending Cutscene[/ame] :(

9. No point worryin bout it..
    Just make sure you have a good stock of herb at all times and you will go down well chilled..
    Stay away from the bible, koran etc.. Its just there to control you and keep you in a constant state of fear..

Ran out of toilet paper bout 10 years ago n used my bible instead.. Very liberating and now live in peace..

10. wow, totally just brought me back to middle school! that was hilarious i remember quoting that with my friends

11. Madmax420: Keep it up, but be careful not to make up your own prophecy's. People are becoming more and more against the Bible and it's teachings as we close in on crucial periods in history. However, the Bible also said that this would happen. I understand Atheism to a point because I am a huge science fanatic. But, just because we begin to learn what makes the world and universe work, doesn't discredit God. Thats like refusing to admit that GM manufactures automobiles simply because we begin to understand how the motor was built. People will persecute the Bible because they can't see themselves living life governed by 'disciplined thinking', so they'd rather question it and blow it off. It was prophesied to go down like this, don't let the non-believers get to you, they're in their own little test of life right now. They're not failing, but they aren't earning any extra credits either.

12. That's what Che would've done.

13. The bible said that was going to happen and was right because religions can say any lie and it will sound good because what it is built on is lies. See, there is no arguing with religious folks because they will say what ever they want to make it their way so they can sleep better at night.

14. If God made all this stuff up so it could happen, doesn't that make God human?

15. Shit, another 'Is God Real' debate.

16. fuck god fuck all them i say there no fucking god or and kind of thing

the world gunn end with a nuke or somthing KILLIN US.

or its cus all u god freaks will go instane or somthing

fuckin bible thumpers fuck u

17. Someones just a little bit cranky. :rolleyes:

18. Kid, do you have like one braincell? If people are christian that is their right as a human being. Learn to spell, or make sense with something you say, only then will anyone take you serious,

19. most religions show how very vain we are, and it is very selfish for us to think within our own world, to truly understand life and how it is created, we must explore the universe and our own planet, not books or stories written by uneducated people thousands of years ago whose entire world at the time was very small in comparison to the world we know today, NOBODY can predict when we are going to die unless the human race continues along with the earth until it dies or our sun dies, to the OP hey man believe what you want to believe, I'm not going to say I'm not afraid of a nuclear attack but I am not going to sit in wait in fear until it happens and point at everyone and scream " I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO, SEE THE BIBLE IS RIGHT, IT SAID THAT TERRORIST WOULD KILL US ALL AND LOOK THEY ARE!". you sir made a very loose interpretation of Revelations, also people throughout history have believed that the end was nigh, hey man smoke a bowl and stop thinking about the end so much when we know that it is going to happen eventually so there is no need to dwell on it, but hey the universe is big so life goes on somewhere....probably

20. OH and BTW I am not a christian I just believe the bible while full of things I find annoying and detrimental to society, has some good teaching to offer, and if you pick through all the bull shit you get some really solid things to help you through life