The Warrior Diet

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Fakir, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Internet is hard to read emotion. I wasn't mad just wanted to get on the same page. The burrito was the day before I started the warrior diet.

I really haven't followed the diet to well probably seeing how my dinner isn't full of healthy food. I've ate pasta two nights in a row due to being busy. I have had more energy throughout the day but I usually only got sleepy after lunch and since I'm skipping that it's to be expected. I've saved money if nothing else.

2. I'm not sure if you have to fast every day for this diet. The idea is to activate certain beneficial genes by depriving yourself, but I'm not sure

3. I just keep it very light during the day.

Usually I WILL go about 8 hours or so throughout the afternoon/early evening without eating, though.

4. This is actually nothing like the diet at all. Cereal or oatmeal immediately break any type of overnight fast...

5. #1085 gloppypop, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    Really? Well cereal or oatmeal I usually only have a few times a week.

And I understand it breaks the overnight fast, but I think to say it's "nothing like the diet at all" is a bit of a stretch...

Either way, the routine I follow, fasting during the day or keeping the caloric intake very low while working out, followed by a decent dinner works for me and I stay fit.

I think essentially the "idea" of this diet is fasting or caloric restriction during the day, to activate certain metabolism traits or beneficial genes like yuri said. So to say my method is "nothing like the diet at all" is kind of silly I think.

6. I don't really follow this diet to the T myself, but you're sort of doing it wrong. You don't want to be constantly be starving yourself, you still want to get all your calories in, in that 4 hour window. It's okay to eat cheese and stuff like that since it's high in fat. The other half of making this diet work is cutting out carbs and slipping your body into ketosis. You want your body to start burning fat as a source of energy instead of carbs. I think most 1st world people's body's use fat as a back burner for energy since everybody eats so many carbs.

7. #1087 gloppypop, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
    lol, I'm definitely not "constantly starving myself". :confused: Dunno where you got that impression from... Plus the cheese and fat consumption is more of a personal choice.

Well if I'm doing it "wrong", than so be it. Like I said, I stay fit, plus I think the main idea of this diet is calorie restriction with exercise, followed by a strong meal at night.

Sort of like, you know, how nomadic people or "warriors" ate...

Anyways, I included the caveat "pretty much" in my original post, so I dunno why ya'll are gettin so technical on me. :p

8. The difference here is that calorie restriction and fasting are different. Fasting has more dramatic effects on the body...

9. #1089 Chief Leaf, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    I think I quoted the wrong person, idk. I'm pretty high right now. I'll figure this out when I come back haha.

Edit: nah, I just read your op a bit wrong. I'm not trying to get on you, I just want you to be able to get this at its maximum potential. You're doing this diet right for the most part aside from the carbs at breakfast thing. If that works for you then cool man, more power to you but I think you'll see even more results if you cut it out and replace it with a few almonds/some apple in the morning if you're feeling hungry.

10. Yeah I understand. Like I said, I sort of employ both, as I'll often go a solid 8+ hours during the day without eating. Sometimes I'll skip breakfast and strictly fast until the evening, but I'll usually eat some veggies or something small...

11. I've never felt so bad as I did yesterday after dinner lol

I think a 24 hour water fast is appropriate today. Ill see how it goes...

12. Good luck, dude. A 24 hour water fast sounds very cleansing. :smoking:

13. [​IMG]

14. I started a new and better paying job. its an hour drive there and an hour drive back. I get home around 530-630 depending on how busy it is here. normally this would be great for the WD because my eating period would be like 530-10 or something.
    my issue is that I will be taking boxing and jiu jitsu from 6-8 every day but weekends.

im basically just ranting about how life screwed up the WD for me. impossible to work around my new schedule. sigh

15. #1095 Padovan, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016

16. I suppose I could. im thinking maybe just have my eating window from 10-3 so that way I can just eat three times in breaks and lunch. that way people wont say ignorant things about me not eating during lunch when others do.
    it shouldnt matter WHEN the eating window is, right?

17. #1097 Padovan, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016

18. damn that sounds right.

19. Why don't you just fast one weekends? You need to daily fast

20. shwhat?