The war.

Discussion in 'General' started by simmer, Apr 12, 2010.

1. I will not be surprised one bit if war carries on as usual even after the human element of battle is removed from the equation. :mad:

Countries will still be throwing money at building robots with machine gun heads. and guided sniper rounds.

The pointlessness of it all! I will not be surprised...

2. war will never end.
    the world might though, if it does ill make sure to OD on something before it does.
    until then man, live life dnt think about war, it won't get u anywhere.

Also, i've lived it 1st hand :(

3. Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)

War and fighting for power (Control) will always be. It's one thing mankind has known for thousands of years.

And if you want real irony and something else to think about...

Religion (and related beliefs) has been the root cause of some of the longest and bloodiest wars in human history, and yet we use our beliefs in Religion to pray for Peace.

Ever wonder just how much Peace we would have if we didn't have Religion at all?

4. if religion was never an issue, we would have never had 9/11

5. We are still very young.

Maybe in the future we will finally get our shit straight ; hopefully before we make contact with other life. I dont think we would make a very good first impression right now

6. we will never know actual world peace. theres no way. you have a better chance learning how to magically fly.

7. public apathy allows them to do whatever they want. as long as there are people saying 'oh well, nothing we can do about it,' we're nothing but controlled masses.

8. ^^ this.

9. Hrm, "magically fly" you say? Starting to think world peace might have a chance if everyone legalized it everywhere and we had a bongs for guns program. Kind of hard to be mad when you're baked. Only fights that would break out would be two guys arguing over who at the last twinkie, to which I would say "shut up, take another hit, and here, have a twinkie". :D

Couldn't have said it better myself. This "creeper" attack on our Rights will continue until we're standing around going "what the fuck happened?" one day, wishing we had taken real action when we still had the choice to do so.

10. its even sadder because people think theres no where to evolve too. its like, because we're all so conditioned to like this type of society, we dont feel like we deserve to fight for anything better. they confuse us, look at the shit on the news, what do you hear about? lady gaga. what should you be hearing about? oh, i dont know, how about the internet neutrality bill that just failed, thats going to turn the internet into another marketing device for comcast and the likes. thosefucking coporations are going to rule the world. those fat cats will be laughing when we're trying to feed our children or find a place to live.

sure, things are a lot better now than they were in the past, especially in the first world countries, but that doesnt mean we have no where to go. we still have incredibly overzealous militaries, who jump at almost any chance they get to increase their battledicks and spend a ton of money. and this is one case where 'ton' is an understatement.

pots still illegal, we live in a police state where cops use the ignorance of the young to get over on them, have you ever paid money to the government? i have. i bet you have too, and trillions of other people. for what? running a stop sign or forgetting you're in a 30 mile per hour zone? yeah that shit happens, and we learn our lesson. but why should THEY benefit from our mistakes? you can get a huge fine for driving without your license, even though if they take 5 seconds to look it up, they'll discover you have one. why do they still fine you? because we're too fucking stupid to say 'hey, wait, fuck that'. well just let it keep happening until they throw us in jail for refusing to show them the barcodes that will inevitably be engraved on our necks.

11. That kind of melodrama will not better our cause.

That is pretty wack...about the license thing...why should we HAVE to have a license when we have the ability to simply look someone up in the system?

Why cant you go to the DMV and they register you and say ok you can drive no need for a license.

I digress. On the whole I won't say EVERYTHING is bad. sure, it COULD have been a helluva lot better. but oh well.

I should run for office. I'm the most level headed guy in this whole country. I have an ego, but is an ego the worst anyone could have?

In any case, War Never Changes.

12. what 'melodrama'?

13. Oh fuck... Cyberdyne will create Skynet

Beware of Judgment Day!!!

Those advanced model Terminators are super hard to kill, and friendly Terminator's are few and far in between, and you can never truly trust them. Their programming can glitch, no one knows what their REAL intentions are.

Viva la resistance!

14. Er, how about this one?

Ever notice just how many "fat cats" are in Ethiopia? There's a reason for that.

Those "fat cats" will quickly starve if no one is there to buy their services, so try not to paint us into the third world corner just yet. Even the fat cats realize that ultimately they provide services that 99.999% of the time we want, not need.

15. Yeah.. No offence mr. No comment but you seem to be spouting out the same thing that all the other "enlightened" College freshman say.

All without any suggestions on a practical form of society or economy, yet condemming and villianizing these modern day robber barons.

There is a better way that I have thought out. But even in it's simplicity it is still too radical.

Yet methinks there be another thousand years or two before anything like my idea would take form. Now is not the time however. How sad.
    I feel like we're living in the 1100's
    People are going to look back and say how barbaric and primitive we were and there will be games about our time.
    I digress...