The War on Terror

Discussion in 'General' started by Rasta_Man, Jul 15, 2006.

1. war is never going to be the answer to anything but a way to help the economy.

the only war i will support is when my fellow Americans rise up against this horrific government that runs us, and destroy it once and for all.

Bush is one of the biggest terrorist I can think of

Love my country (and that sign the girl is holding because it's so true), hate my president

2. yeah its to bad people turn to war instead of companionship.diversity seperates us all.

3. Good call RM, before even opening the thread, I had in mind to tell u to change the N in the title to a F. But the pic pretty much does the same, great shot!

4. I disagree with the statement "War is Terror". You cant generalize all war because we are currently engaged in an unjust one. I think that is disrespectful to those that have faught and given their lives in just wars. No one complains about the American Revolution, or World War II. But the second that we are engaged in a war that people disagree with everyone starts saying that war is terrorism and shit. War is the only constant in our society.

And I have to say, I hope Israel burns Palestine to the ground. They give them land, they give up settlements, they allow them to elect terrorists to leadership positions, and then they have the nerve to launch rockets at Israeli civilians. Plain Bullshit. And Lebanon i guess feels the need to violate years of peace by allowing terrorists to attack Israel from withen Lebanon. I love how the Arab nations are the only nations that allow violence and attacks to happen and do nothing to condemn them, but love to scream and bitch and moan when one of their civilians is killed.

In my eyes the Palestinians were given their chance and they blew it.

5. fuck those Iraqi terrorists and the ones in Afganastan. fuck 'em all.

6. This is sad.

7. war is not necessarily a bad thing.

war = death. you cant argue that.

but the end can sometimes justify a war.

this war is wrong, no doubt about that (at least imo).

but war can bring freedom. war can bring tyranny.

i think its time for a war here in the USA....we need our freedom back....cause i dont know about you, but im tired of this tyranny in the USA.

8. I agree, this time its us who are the bad guys, WE invaded irak.

9. somebody better get something out of this war or ima be pissed, evem if its oil thats better than walking out empty handed acomplishing nothing and pissing everybody off for no reason

10. Sure war is bad.. we all know.. but its suppose to bring freedom and bring situations under control... War sometimes is the answer and the only way to stop a situation from getting out of control..There was a need for the American Revolution.. WWII had to be done as well... Vietnam..ehh lets not go ther..

but this war...absofuckenlutely not... this war is a joke, and it sucks our military is wasting their time over there. I support our military 100%.. but i do not support this country's leaders wat so ever.. Bush for the love of god is an absolute moron..half this country just doesnt seem to understand that either..and every other congressman and such, all they care about is being re-elected and making $$$$, they just sit on their asses and do jack shit

11. did u know it was gonna be called Operation Iraqi Leader originally but they changed it cause that spelled out O.I.L

lolol i have no idea if thats true but i heard it somewhere and it made me laugh so now im stickin to it :p

12. we did bring democracy to Iraq. that's one good thing, and we captured Saddam Husein (so damn insane).

13. And only 43,000 dead innocent civillians. Not too shabby.

That is not War. That is revolution.

You make me very very sad.

That is the very reason neo-cons continue to control our government.

14. it was supposed to be Operation Iraqi Liberation (that's what I heard at least)

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

15. it would be a war....you can add any name you would like to it but its still a war.....a revolutionary war.

edit: i said "war" because some people think that we can bring revolution with words. i am not one of those people. for a revolution to happen were gonna need to go to war with the government....people are going to die, from both ends, but i think the ends justify the means.

16. I don't get it though, we really had no problems with Saddam, certainly not with his human rights violations that could put some in Africa to shame.

I'm too stoned for this I'm going back to Munchies and Miles Davis.:hello:

17. Rasta Man, it does not bother me that i make you very sad. I do not need your approval for my beliefs. How do you propose Israel should deal with these terrorist attacks, serve them milk and cookies?

edit-Id also like to know how I am neo-conservative based on one facet of my political views. Im not here for hatin on you or anyone else. I hope we could have an open debate.

18. I can't begin to debate with you because i can't begin to comprehend your disregaurd for innocent human life. 50 innocent lebonese citizens don't seem like Palestinian terrorists to me.

If you re-read my comment, I didn't call you a neo-conservative.

I think you fail to understand the reasons of the discourse and violence in the Middle-East, specifically Israel and Palestine. Israel is flexing it's military muscle in a vain and poorly-thought out attempt to quell Palestinian Extremism and Terorrism when that is in fact the result of MUCH deeper social issues in the region.

The one thing that we have learn is that conventional warfare only causes terrorism to increase, civillian losses ("collateral damage") to increase, etc. The people paying for thing are innocent Lebonese civillians, not the terrorists, not the islamic extremists.

They have no regaurd for the impact they are having around the world with this little illegal invasion of Lebanon. It's this ignorant, short-sighted world leaders who are brash, conservative war-mongers who cause the discourse and allow it to grow.

19. war is always a bad thing

sometimes a necessary evil, but always an evil

i disagree. we who believe that a revolution is necessary make up a small precentage of the population. If we were to wage war against the government, most of the american (or whatever country you're in) people would be against us. and even if we were to succed, then in the mind of the people, we would be opressing them. the only way for things to change is to get people to change their minds. if we can get the people on our side, then the government would most likely be forced to chage. if not, then war would be the only option, but war should ALWAYS be the last optoin.