Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The war is over. We won.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by peanutbutter, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Nobody seems to have noticed.

It's always very interesting how it works. I minister healing to someone. The cancer vanishes in front of the doctors. And the doctors say "we must have misdiagnosed."

And no one notices what just happened. Memories are slightly foggy. And things are remembered as if the evil had been a bad dream.

We won the war.

Medical marijuana is now recognized as legitimate in the twelve states that have mmj laws.

And by extension any city, county or township that has such laws are also covered.

We won that change on 8/26/2006.

We have only a few more steps to go.

Marijuana will be legal, for all uses, in the US before the elections.

Celebrate! We have won already!

Rev. G.

2. Wake UP!! We Won the War!!

3. the wars not over. battles have been won but no war has ended.

4. As far as medical marijuana and federal policy/law goes, we are now in the mop up phase.

5. Can we get a link with some facts on the subject? ive heard nothing of what u speak...

6. If this is true, it's about fucking time already!

7. GVTs in Canada hate weed :mad:

8. Rev G.

You been watching the news of late?? :p The feds are doing their damnedest to make life miserable for patients and dispensaries in CA. While public perception of MMJ seems to be largely favorable and gaining more acceptance, the laws don't reflect the will of the people, and the speed by which bills travel through state legislatures is a snail's pace and face vetoes. CA is also very liberal in how the legislation is worded, and has faced many challenges. Other states' laws are more specific and restrictive, and don't seem to reflect a willingness to open MMJ up to everyone, let alone full-out legalization.

Plus, we unfortunately don't have presidential candidates who favor MMJ or eliminating prohibition. The Obama ticket took a hit when he chose Biden. Biden is responsible for much of the mandatory minimum sentencing laws. :( If it ain't corporate tax breaks, the McCain ticket ain't listening. Writing state senators and legislators seems where we have to start, and getting active in the political process. There just aren't enough sympathetic ears in power at the moment for this "sweeping change" you propose. Care to tell us your source. I sure wish it were true what you are saying. ;)

9. yeah man, DEA busts down shops in cali a bunch...nothings been won, things have been accomplished, but until my generation(the people who are 16-26) are more present in goverment with our idealogies in mind, its gonna take some time. i can almost guarantee(and i pray im wrong)that it wont be legal before the elections, but people can dream;)

10. Only 10 states have MMJ...

11. Check Jerry Brown's back up documentation.

As far as mmj goes, it's CA law within CA. No members of local law enforcement are allowed to enforce federal laws in a mmj situation in CA. I believe federal authorities have decided to comply.

effective 8/26/2008

12. The feds yielding to state law? I don't believe it. Links would do wonders.

13. thanks for another useless thread..

14. Why do people always post bullshit they pulled straight out their arse and expect others to believe it despite having no evidence?

15. The only reason this war is even taking so long is because stoners take forever to do shit lol

16. Rev. G, you must be smoking some good shit.

17. By the way I googled the guy's name he's actually our current Attorney General former mayor in California. Basically he wrote some guidelines and he's trying to weed out (puns ftw) the dispensaries that are operating illegitimately and giving medical-grade cannabis to people without prescriptions or maybe to people with bogus prescriptions. Somewhere in the article I read it mentioned that this "should stop federal raids on authentic dispensaries." Sound like a war-winning victory to you?