The Walking Dead Are Among Us

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by knospe420, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, I am Legend, The Walking Dead and countless other references to an apocalyptic viral breakout have become somewhat of a romanticised idea among many, as to how the world as we know it may come to it's end. Now the real horror in all of this lies in the fact that these fantasy works are based on a very real and very terrifing infectious outbreak among the world: AIDS. As much as the media would like to quarintine the reality of such an infected population as say Africa, it does not change the fact that AIDS has infected a multidude of people, including AMERICANS :eek:. So beware my fellow blades, the walking dead are amongs us and they're not as easy to spot as their hollywood zombie cousins...

2. i am legend is not based on aids. it doesnt say wat particular virus

3. Hum...wut?

At least most conspiracy theorists have other followers/supporters...

...this is just plain ignorant and discriminatory...

4. Lol at comparing a AIDS patient to a zombie.

Have you ever even seen someone with HIV/AIDS?

5. All I could think was AIDS doesn't make the
    people are infected with it attack everyone
    in sight and treat humans like food.

Last time I checked, people who have AIDS
    aren't ravenous freaks who feed on the living.

:confused_2:

And now they're cousins? Damn...
    Didn't know that man...we better do something!

What do you suggest?

Don't answer that. :p

6. All these conspiracies break down into mindless mutterings about "tHe mEdiA maaannnnn" and how "no one wants you to know, broooo".

AIDS doesn't make you a zombie. Its a horrible condition. Thats all.

7. I watched 28 weeks later while in london.

I love this city even more when Im waiting for the zombie hoard to come running around the corner

8. [quote name='"metalplusweed"']i am legend is not based on aids. it doesnt say wat particular virus[/quote]

I am legend is vampires... Not zombies...

9. Bullshit, they weren't vampires. Pretty much the only vampire like trait they had was that they didn't like the sun.

They where just humans infected with a virus.

10. No they were vampires. And the condition was caused by a cure to cancer.

11. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

Bullshit, they weren't vampires. Pretty much the only vampire like trait they had was that they didn't like the sun.

They where just humans infected with a virus.[/quote]

Read the book, watch the other two versions of the movie first. The oldest cinematic version is "last man on earth" (1964)starring Vincent Price, the second version was "The Omega Man" (1971)starring Charelton Heston, and then the last, being "I am Legend"(2007) with Will Smith... All based on Richard Mathesons 1954 novel "I Am Legend"... Yes it was a disease, but if you read the book and watch the other two versions, they outline the antagonist as more of a human vampire creature rather than the drastically different monsters from 2007, in the older versions its made far more evident that the creatures are attempting to recreate society instead of mindlessly feeding

12. Magic Johnson always seemed a little bit like a zombie to me....

13. Damn. Eating cock isn't that literal. :rolleyes:

14. When you have a life and you don't feel like you are really living... you are the living dead. Zombies? I think yes, many of us are. But it is the people who are afflicted in the mind with no purpose that are the zombies, not AIDs patients. Why the hell would AIDs make one a zombie lol

15. I don't care whatever the other movies/novels had, the I am legend I saw, starring the fresh prince of Bel-Air. Did not have vampires in it.

They didn't have any characteristics or similarities to vampires other then that they didn't like light.

They're definitely no vampires in that movie.

16. Oh really? You've seen so many vampires and you know all about them? Didn't think so, vampires they are

17. #17 Solipsist NPC, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2011
    Yes, I actually know a inexhaustible amount of knowledge about vampires, and those motherfuckers aren't vampires. They don't even look like Count Chocula or Edward Cullin.

It boils down to this. Virus infected peeps =/= vampires.

18. Ha, neither of those are real vampires!

And vampirism could definitely be a disease, in the elder scrolls series it starts as a virus.

19. Lol so literally the only thing they have in common is that they are not healthy.
    Cool correlation bro.

Also the beasts in I am Legend were Vampires.

Not your traditional vampires but they were far from your generic zombies. Also every source they pulled from including the original stories and movies of I am Legend describes them as vampires.

20. [quote name='"Solipsist NPC"']

Yes, I actually know a inexhaustible amount of knowledge about vampires, and those motherfuckers aren't vampires. They don't even look like Count Chocula or Edward Cullin.

It boils down to this. Virus infected peeps =/= vampires.[/quote]

No your thinking of the romamticized dracula type of vampire, which has really dragged the whole genre down, check out the movie "30 days of night" it shows vamps as the real apex predator they should be portrayed as... Besides the "zombie" idea you think of wasn't even a thought when.the book was written, hell Ramero didn't even call the monsters in "night of the living dead" zombies, the were called "flesh eaters"