The Wackness

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Gobbs, Feb 19, 2009.

1. I saw this movie a few days ago and i thought i was pretty good. Here is the plot off imbd.com
    It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip-hop. Set against this backdrop, a lonely teenager named Luke Shapiro spends his last summer before university selling marijuana throughout New York City, trading it with his unorthodox psychotherapist for treatment, while having a crush on his stepdaughter

2. Yeah, definitley one of the best cannabis related films I've seen.

Ben Kinglseys character is fuckin brilliant.

3. I really liked this movie. Shapiro's prices were outrageous though.

4. love this movie. marykate/ashley bein tweaked out made me laugh :smoking:

5. i really want to see this movie, still.

6. amazing movie. one of the things i love about life is ripping a bowl everytime a character lights up in that movie, so by the end you can really, fully appreciate that moving film

7. #7 Sam_Spade, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    I want to reiterate just how fuckin good this movie is.

See it, now!

Next time you get hit on the head with a water balloon by a giggling middle-age pot head, you'll know I just finished watching this movie.

8. Awesome movie. Apparently it did really well at Sundance last year. For obvious reasons.

9. great movie, whoever that disney channel kid is sucked, horrible acting, as well as that one fake ass hippie chick....lol forgot both their names.

10. man ive been dying to see this movie ever since i heard about it, it has such a dope soundtrack, but its not at the local movie rentals... where can i cop this shit?

edit :: ha i didnt even realize ive already posted in this thread from a while back haaha.

11. I thought this movie was the shit, I liked the added quirks like when he's dancing on the sidewalk and the different squares are lighting up. Also one of the best soundtracks ever.

12. Oh shiiit. I've been meaning to watch this. I had it laying around here somewhere and never got around to it. Thanks! I'll post back with what I thought of it.

13. I was surprised by how much I liked this movie. My 10 year old is a big fan of that nickelodeon kid, so I was a little skeptical. I agree with Sam that Ben Kingsley was brilliant.

And the soundtrack was killer. So much nostalgia.

14. Yo this movie was bangin, I didn't think I was gonna like it but that scene where he cumz and startz cryin, I couldn't stop laughin'

15. this movie is mind-blowing.. does anyone get the feeling everybody is talking damn much about absolutely nothing, or am i just fucking high?

16. i thought it was good but OMGZZZ THE DRAMAAAZZZZZ it just seemed like everything was such a big fuckin deal...idk that was the only thing that annoyed me.

17. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen in a while. And the soundtrack was bangin'
    For anyone who hasn't seen this yet... see it goddamnit

18. Just smoked a nice amount in the vape and hit a few blunts now sitting down to watch this movie.

Hopefully it'll be good. I'll let you know when i finish.

19. It's a great movie :smoking:
    i own the dvd. I can watch it whenever i want!
    The best thing to do is pack a bowl whenever you see someone in the movie lights up. It can be a religious experience ;)

20. Saw this thread thought to myself should check the movie out later. End up going to my friends apartment where we each bought a gram of some killer bud from a friend of hours. We do some bong rips and get to watching tv. He then agree not shit good is on TV...so he looks on demand and whattaya know the wackness is there...we rent it for 2.99 and watch it while loading the bong till the weed is gone we end up getting completely backed and into the movie.

It was awesome, but mostly cause I was stoned and understood it more. That girl was a bitch though...and hell ya shapiros prices are fucking insane.