The Verge Of Death

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Smelly Broccoli, May 20, 2013.

1. I've had an ongoing problem with yellowing and browning. My amateur self thought it would be best to clip all the leaves that had spidermites and yellow spots. The plant now looks like it doesnt have much longer.

Attached Files:

2. We need all the info on your grow including:

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

If any of these questions have already been answered please disregard as I cut and paste this for everyone.

If there is leaf discoloration please TAKE PICTURES WITH ALL GROW LIGHTS OFF, ESPECIALLY HPS & LED's. Taking pictures and taking them with lights off, allows us to see what the leaf discoloration looks like.

3. Thank you for responding,
    I use Miracle grow soil with added nutrients

Indoors using cfl lights, 157 watts

Strain: skunk #1

Both plants are 5 weeks old, 3 weeks into flowering

The plant in the second picture is about 6 inches from lights, first plant is about 4 inches away

I water every 3 days using tap water, but recently I've been using rain water. It has a better ph

I mixed about 2 tablespoons of miracle grow bloom buster in a gallon, N:15 P:30 K:15

Temps are consistently 65-70 I don't have a humidity checker, should I get one?

Both share a 3 gallon rectangle pot

I had spider mites, but I used a homemade spray with isopropyl alcohol, water, and soap. It was after I used this when the symptoms yellow spots started to show

I cannot upload picture using my phone

4. I guess I can

Attached Files:

5. Your plant is suffering from multiple nutrient lock-out, you should run at least 9 gallons of water through the plant but check the ph run-off as it first comes out the bottom and let me know what it reads (I suspect it reads very low)? Then, make sure you read the run-off again at the end of the 9 gallon flush, if it's still out of balance continue to run water through the plant until it reads the ph of the water you're running through, e.g., the ph of tap water here is seven but you could stop if it starts to read 6.5. Then continue with properly ph water of 6.5 until it runs out the bottom of the plant reading 6.5 also. Wait at least a week to apply nutes, you've probably got a bit of root damage. Two tablespoons of NPK at the high value you applied has lead to toxic salt build up. Get er done, and in one week you can apply one tablespoon per three gallons of water.    :gc_rocks:

6. As above:...Like many here you have done it right, but have not a good understanding of the act of Photosynthesis, the art or act of converting starch to energy using light, your next to useless CFL's at 1550 lumens each just don't supply enough light for the plant to make energy out of all that food you force it to  " eat " ...subsequently the food builds up leaving you with the mess you have now, cfl's use, means you got to give your plant the smallest most minimum amount of food per serving as you are giving your plants the smallest amount of light,....2 ways to retrain you!!!!

1: Continue with your current op, just use less food, and extend the grow times ...or

2: Continue with you current feeding routine but upgrade the light

I'd go the latter and look into getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Apollo-Horticulture-Dimmable-Detachable-Reflector/dp/B00547I5I8/ref=pd_sbs_lg_6

to my blog:

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31965-three-essential-tools.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/26751-light-system-data.html

Never use alcohol on plants never: use neem oil it's organic
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/vostok/31964-neem-oil.html

7. Thanks a lot, you confirmed my suspicions. I just flushed them with 10 gallons but I don't have any more ph testers. It was with tap water so I assume it must be around 6.5. It really loosened up the roots. I can see some above the roots but I don't think it will be a problem. I'll keep you updated on how they turn out.