The Velvet Underground

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Earth A.D., Jun 28, 2009.

1. Anyone else a fan? Lou Reed is the man, as is John Cale. My favorite songs by them have to be Waiting For My Man, Candy Says, and Sunday Morning. They are probably the most calm relaxing but deeply troubled music ever. When I die I would want the Velvet Underground to be playing to send me off.

2. I've only got one CD of theirs, Velvet Underground and Nico, and I've been told it's not their best, but it's certainly their most famous

It's got a lot of great songs, but I'm sorry, "Run Run Run" contains without question the worst guitar solo I've ever heard

3. I hate Nico on that album, her singing is so terrible.Andy Warhol only wanted her to be part of the band for her sex appeal and because she was one of his superstars. The whole rest of the band hated her and always fucked with her. The Velvet Underground and Loaded are much better albums.

Also check out Lou Reed's solo album Transformer. Great album.

4. i really like candy says as performed by lou reed and antony.

5. Haven't really gotten into them but since Lou Reed is in it, I'd probably like them. "Walk on the Wild Side" is a great song by him.

6. Driving around with the windows down and blaring Velvet Underground while wearing dark shades is one of the funnest things to do.

7. this.

8. Velvet Underground is dope, I love listening to their music when i'm very intoxicated.

9. heroin is one of the greatest songs ever written

10. You should all do yourselves a favor and download 1969: The Velvet Underground Live Volumes 1 and 2. I love the studio albums, but I've found that most people don't appreciate how great VU was as a live band. It's a two disc album with songs from all of the earlier VU studio releases.

Rock & Roll.