The Vault’s Blue Dream’matic Auto Comparative Grow – in association with FastBuds

Discussion in 'Grasscity Advertisers' started by Jack - The Vault, May 9, 2018.

1. Thanks Vegi. So, in your opinion, you would recommend that I keep my light ~12" above the canopy @ full power (400 watts) during flushing?

2. I keep my 800w led 12-15 inch away atcall times in flower. In tge last 2 weeks they get 100% red light.

Tho 10,000k bulb will be in the blue spec why 10,000k im guessing its a MH.
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. I dont change the light distance just the hours. These autos I'm not that sure about. But I started outside. So I more or grow outside style inside. I have yet to use a tent or exhaust fans. I just try to make it like outside inside lol. Photos I do believe in the light hour reduction. Hell what really confuses me is when the tops start throwing new pistols late. I have read that its light stress. Wondering about that now that it happen outdoors to me. I do know that if u get heat and light stress bad enough ur plants wont finish

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Plants will throw them ive had it happen many time with certain strains and all digferent light its cause shes not been pollenated and if she goes and isnt pollenated she hasbt fulfiled her role i guess so will keep throwing out new pistels. Had a strawberry was mostly cloudy thrich all pistels receeded so just waiting on amber and then boom loads of new white pistles started appering. But week later she was at my level of high and chopped.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  5. Ok, great! I now have a better understanding of how to "finish" my plants properly. I greatly appreciate your feedback and advice Papa! Thanks so much!

• Like Like x 3
  6. U got it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Didn't have a chance to post these till now, but this is from last Monday. 11 weeks from seed

Brooklyns on left Dream'matics on the right
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 2 (9 weeks old)
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 1
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BD 1
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BD 2
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Not seeing much ambers, so they're all still going as of now. Will get 12 week pics Monday and hopefully post then as well. lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yeah, this is one of the Dream'matics today, taken just a moment ago.
    She's throwing some last effort pistils on a few tops.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The more calyx the merrier! Haha

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. From what I understand, a "bluer" light used during flushing signals to the plant that the growing season is about to end and this promotes more tichs to form; or in other words, makes the plant freak out and activate it's defenses and by doing that it produces more trichs. Some people just put their MH back in and use that. I've read that a "bluer" light will produce more trichs than a 7200k bulb which is what I use for veg.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow, looking great dude.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. All three dried and curing up nicely, stable temps/hum so thought I'd measure up and compare.

This Grow

46.8g / 1.65oz - Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise
    43.5g / 1.53oz - Fast Buds Dream'Matic
    42.4g / 1.50oz - Fast Buds Mystery

132.7g / 4.68oz = Total Yield!!!

Total Weight

55.6g / 1.96oz - Mars II 400: Bay 11 x GDP
    68.5g / 2.42oz - Mars II 400: Northern Lights
    40.6g / 1.43oz - Mars II 400: Autoblackberry/NYC Diesel/Skywalker
    73.4g / 2.59oz - DIY Cree COBs: Honeysuckle/Fruit Spirit
    107.5g / 3.8oz - DIY Cree COBs: Tangerine Dream/Strawberry Cough/Candy Kush
    132.7g / 4.68oz - DIY Cree COBs: Brooklyn Sunrise/Dream'Matic/Mystery

Power vs Yield

0.31g/W - Mars (177W): Bay 11 x GDP
    0.39g/W - Mars (177W): Northern Lights
    0.23g/W - Mars (177W): Autoblackberry/NYC Diesel/Skywalker
    0.41g/W - COBs (177W*): Honeysuckle/Fruit Spirit
    0.53g/W - COBs (200W): Tangerine Dream/Strawberry Cough/Candy Kush
    0.66g/W - COBs (200W): Brooklyn Sunrise/Dream'Matic/Mystery

* This was when I had Cree COBs but was still using the Mars case and drivers which were still powering it with 177W Mars drivers and not the new custom frame and Meanwell driver I now have.

Peace,

Vegi
    :love-mj:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Because of the massive heat that my Blue Dream had to endure over the summer, she stretched like mad and now I have these big colas and really small "popcorn" buds toward the middle and bottom of the plant. I am contemplating harvesting this in a couple of weeks, popcorn buds or not, and making hash out of the smaller buds, but the jury is still out on this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I need a new air scrubber, thanks to my Blue Dream, lol. The whole third of the house smells fairly strong, and I easily have a couple of weeks to go. My main dilima though is that I have these great big buds toward the top of the plant and these fairly smallish buds toward the middle to bottom of my plant and this is causing it to lean pretty bad. I'm considering tying up the plant, (like I had to with my Northern Lights that was part of my last run), and let it finish growing that way. My other option is to go ahead and harvest in a couple of weeks and just use the smaller buds for hash. Overall, I am leaning toward waiting until I can confirm amber trichs and then harvest. Because this project is for meds, it's probably a good idea to wait until I see amber trichs and then harvest. It's easier to wait until they're done and then harvest than it is to put everything back and hope it grows, lol. I'll try to get some more pics up soon so y'all can see what I'm reefer'ing to...get it? Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Final weights bda 1 that was a little stretched. 3.75 zips. Bda #2 124 grams. No stems at all straight weed[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I can fully recommend the mountain air filters. Bit more expensive but guaranteed for 3 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Yesterday... 12 weeks from seed
    Gonna chop the Blue Dream'matic tomorrow night most likely.
    Brooklyns are gonna keep going till next week at least. Especially the little one that's 10 weeks old.

Brooks on left Blues on right

image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 2
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BS 1
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BD 1
    image.jpg

image.jpg

BD 2
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Phresh brand carbon filters have been treating me well for several years.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. These buds look f#%kin’ awsome bro

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thanks! The Brooklyns are kinda airy, but the blues are nice and dense. Gonna be some good weight off them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Even the popcorn is pretty nice too from the side lighting.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Ur right.. that side lighting is really doing a good job.. amazing bro

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1