The Vault’s Blue Dream’matic Auto Comparative Grow – in association with FastBuds

Discussion in 'Grasscity Advertisers' started by Jack - The Vault, May 9, 2018.

1. Day 16, after dealing with horrid (99 degrees) heat for 24 hrs. and having a crap ton of fungus gnats, I finally have it under control and the poor dears can now start growing at a much faster pace. :) No nutes yet, but will feed nutes next watering cycle. The Blue Dream is definitely picky about her growing needs!!
    20180717_092755.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. 0716182044b.jpg First Blue Dreamatic showing today.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. First Blue on the hook, not much to report, she is so small and they were taking up space. My inside Blue is doing well, 22 days. She is sitting in sterile recycled Foxfarm, no nutes just foliage spray twice a day, orchid mix. I have changed up the water as an experiment, Walmart bottled 'drinking' water only, 6.4 PH out of the bottle and they seem to really like it. The Sex Bud and GG4's are in training and I may get a decent med harvest this fall. The three small girls are the freebees. Thank you to The Vault.

IMG_3783.JPG IMG_3787.JPG IMG_3781[1].JPG

• Like Like x 4
  4. #364 GreatGrammy, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Today is Day 36
    Temp @ almost noon is 79f and 50% humidity
    I live on the water and theres a beautiful breeze coming in the windows today from the north. My cat is also enjoying it. :weed: I have just started once every 10 days or so giving the girls cali-magic and Dyna-Gro Bloom.
    I don't give every feeding I do not want my girls to get use to the nutes. I'm of the philosophy if I give the nutes every time I water, it will lose its effect. I prefer shock and a quick grow burst. So far so good.
    They are growing also about 1-1.5 inches daily and are over 4 feet, I fear they will outgrow the pots. My hubby says they look like Charlie Browns Christmas trees. lol DSC_0585.JPG DSC_0583.JPG DSC_0583.JPG DSC_0576.JPG DSC_0577.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  5. Time for my weekly update!

Day 43 outside
    July 18th (18).jpg

Day 46 inside; Day 7 light flip
    July 18th (7).jpg July 18th (11).jpg July 18th (14).jpg

The current state of the cabinets
    July 18th (10).jpg July 18th (13).jpg July 18th (17).jpg

I let the reservoirs go dry so the girls are a bit unhappy at the moment though I did refill them with 6grams Mega Crop, 3ml 3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water

• Like Like x 3
  6. whats the hydrogen for mate? that what you use to keep the resevoir clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. day 52 the blue dream are the 3 on the left
    [​IMG]

day 59 (2 days ago)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

lovin the blue dream now. we got off to a rocky start but all differences are now set aside :)
    theyve well and truly outgrown their surroundings now. got 2 x 250w led covering the blue dream and 600w hps over the other 3 which are brooklynns.

been defolling every few days, and supercropping bits here and there.
    reckon these are gonna be some seriously fat buds like. the structure on these things is wicked.
    still feeding them just 2-3L once a day. the pots are drying out almost completely every day. apparently this should be a bad thing but clearly doesnt seem to be bothering them.
    nutes are dutch pro. just a&b bloom + calmag, nothing else. 700ppm ph 6.5-7.
    thats a bit high but from my experience with hydro im imagining the ph will be dropping a lot just now so trying to keep it balanced.
    not measuring my run off or anythin. just asuming this coco stuff behaves the same way as a resevoir and feeding just water once a week to hopefully avoid any build ups.
    this could prove to be a daft idea but so far so good.

got another blue dream germing just now too thats going into NFT which ill be trying to get a new personal weight record with.
    22oz is the target to beat and im pretty certain this strain can do it.
    the brooklyn are bigger but theyre a bit too stretchy and just firing out branches all over the place. both traits i find very annoying lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yup! Gravity fed reservoirs with blumats ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. is that like bottom feed autopots with a top drip aswell ? im a bit rough and confused lol

10. Hi @Klectar420 ! Hey friend! Thanks so much! :hola:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Thanks @BossHawk Good to see you friend!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Day 49 from seed pop. Not much to report on. Doing the same as always with this one. Light and water. 6 more days until the 55 day mark lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. 0718181103.jpg
    Blue Dreamatic on the bottom. Others are Big Apple and Rocket Fuel photos. Playing with different container types on photos.

• Like Like x 3
  14. No more like idk what to equate it to lol Basically, the reservoir sits ~3-4' hangs above the pots that has a 8mm water line from the reservoir with several 3mm lines going from the 8mm lines to the blumat carrots.....attached to the carrots is another 3mm line with drippers so the soil stays evenly moist.

Now everyone recommends to use plain water and top dress or run the carrots at a lower saturation point and manually feed as needed.....I usually do the former as I lose track with latter. Now Mega Crop says their nutrients can be run with the blumats though they need a filter for sediment so the lines do not clog....bucket paint filters fit perfectly. Since I refill the reservoirs every 4 or so days, funky stuff can start growing in the reservoir that may or may not be beneficial to the plants so by using a low dose of 3% (food grade) hydrogen peroxide, it keeps that nasty stuff from growing......many use pool shock (calcium hypochlorite) at 0.01-0.03g per gal water with good results though that scares me as they add different chemicals as well as different percentages of chlorine per manufacturer.

This is my 1st time doing it this way so hopefully, it pans out as I inch closer to using hydro in my bigger cabinets.

• Like Like x 4
  15. so i have 2 completely different phenos of blue dream matic one is stretchy as fuck the other is still stretchy but much smaller.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  16. This is my first time growing autos so I have a question. If it doesn't matter how much light the plants get in order to flower why are we growing them in tents under lights instead of in my parlor somewhere with just daylight? lol:smoking-bong: a little confusing :GettingStoned: lol

17. They still require light, but they don't depend on a change of light schedule to flower. Auto's require a lot of good light to grow, but, unlike photo's, you don't change the light schedule to 12-12 to make them flower. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you @SlinkyKat ! :) So they still require the bright light just not a set schedule. Thanks so much! I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days now (tells you what I have been doing so far this weekend) LOL I am smoking Aurora Indica

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Little update on the BD, Day 55 ish. I believe shes still doing swell. Should be right on track to finish for 11 weeks.. 85 day mark..She got a little burn on her top leaves, just tad bit nothing to serious. This is my first run in coco DTW, so still getting use to it. Happy to say I won’t be going back to soil anytime soon.. Other than that I feel like the flowers are getting bigger and swelling by the day. Quite a few branches had to be propped up from falling over due to weight..Buds are already hard as rocks. Here’s a pic of her from last week when I took her out the tent. Feel like she’s already a lot bigger than this..just a hassle taking her in and out.. she’s 4 foot wide and little over 4 foot tall. Filled my 4x4..Definitely beast of a strain

[​IMG]

Now that I know what the strain can handle,plan on starting a few more of them here soon. This time around I’ll be topping their heads off and hell of a lot more lst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1