The Vault’s 3 Bear OG Auto Comparative Grow – in association with Mephisto Genetics

Discussion in 'Grasscity Advertisers' started by Jack - The Vault, Oct 10, 2017.

1. What size pots u running?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I am hoping for at least a little bit of amber, but my patients are getting impatient (ha), so regardless, I will need to harvest at least one of the girls next weekend. I'm thinking that the 3BOG will be fully cloudy and maybe a little bit of amber by then. The Blue Mammoth may only be mostly cloudy, so I'll have to play it by ear when the time comes.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Wow! Awesome pics EverMystique1! You sure know what you're doing, that's for sure. Do you teach classes? Lol!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. That's a nice pick.
    I like my to be opaque to just starting Amber and I also have some clients that actually like them to be clear just starting opaque or just opaque with no Amber they like the more conscious clear Buzz of the clear.
    Do you run any photos?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. LOL. Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. I've only been growing just over a year, and even 2 years ago, I couldn't even recognize a cannabis leaf if shown a picture. So I will accept your compliment with grace. I've done all of my learning on GC, and on the Tube. My hardest lesson, and the one my kids are still learning the hard way as well, was "Don't be afraid to fail." I started in soil, using organic nutes. I've had successes and failures (had 4 plants that never produced any resin at all). Finally, I tested a single hydro bucket, and instantly fell in love with it. I've played with different nutrient schedules I've found online, and I think I've found one that works for me. I'm sure I'll play around more with other nutrient lines, too, just to see how they compare.

I started out running photos, and I do still have several photo seeds I plan to run at some point. Right now, I am concentrating on autos, as it allows me easier access to care for the plants properly (due to my 'day job' schedule). I have some ventilation, pests, and PM issues I need to resolve before I feel I will be ready to run photos again.

My patients' current favorite is the Skystomper, another Mephisto product I had picked up a while back. It is, if I recall correctly, Skywalker F4 x Sour Stomper F4, and is 60% Sativa/40% Indica. They have all liked it well enough that I am trying to make sure I can harvest one of those each month, and will have to order more seeds in about 2 months to keep that trend going. Definitely a good first-time sativa dom to grow. Very fragrant and very good trich producer.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Your plants look professional grade to me. I'm staggered by the fact that you have only been growing for 1 year and your plants look that good. Your horticulture education came from Youtube and GC exclusively? What?! I know people who have been growing longer than I have been alive and their plants don't look that good! I might pm you someday for advice as I would like all of my plants to look as good as yours. Whatever it is that you are doing it seems dead on and I would stick with it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 5gal buckets, foxfarm recycled soil with peat mix.

• Like Like x 4
  8. So this is where the comparitive grw crew are..thnx for the link caninja..i .strt'd late on my 3bog so i heard things on other threads on how it was going and what to expect..i grw in the high desert and i'm new to the area..i grw outdrs in hydro and soil yr round..i get 340 days of sun a yr..temps in the summer get well over 100..winter nites get dwn into the 30's..they get dust wind strms here..moved frm sunny ssan diego with free pwr and a primarily indr garden to now all outdr..i germ and strt my seeds indr using led..when rooted they go outdrs on my deck..currently i hv one 3bog, one oj kush in hydro...ea are the only seeds that made it thru the germ process so they are grw mates in same tank. two purple star kush clones ea in its own tank..those three are being kept in veg doing a light dep program nitely using the secureity lite..the big plnt is flwrng at wk 2 mother of the smaller purps..all hv slowed dwn in grwth because of the nite temps but it is warming up...my next grw are seedlings frm ''found'' seeds frm the first hrvst of purple star...its my own ''comparitive'' grw...theroretically these should all be female..we'll see 000_7057.JPG 000_7083.JPG 000_7097.JPG 000_7106.JPG 000_7129.JPG 000_7185.JPG 000_7184.JPG 000_7182.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. da whole crew in their alcove 000_7126.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Here's the 3 Bears @ 3 months from sprouted seed.
    The last 2 weeks has been freezing over night. The plants ain't been like'n it. It's not unusual for us to get a light frost in the dead of winter, but this has lasted unusually long for us, and may not be over. If this were normal I would deal with it. As it is, I'm spoiled living at the beach and keep telling myself the cold spell is only temporary.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mmm yup she don't like that chill. Maybe a temporary little greenhouse?
    Seeing you already have a wire cage around it it may not be that hard to just extend that cage up a little bit higher and use some clear plastic around it with a couple of holes in it in the bottom open just to help keep it ventilated.
    To keep it warm in there you could use a organic solar heat by some using some milk jugs or trash can full of water and the sun of the day will heat it up keep it close enough to the plant so it can radiate the heat to it it can only help it can't hurt and it is only temporary. Just an idea

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Little bear at 1 week old[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  13. I did start with vegetable gardening when I was a teenager, and grew up with a Latvian grandmother. So, technically, my horticulture education came from her. But until I started growing cannabis, I couldn't keep a plant alive indoors for anything. If I touched it, it died. My son laughed so hard at me when I had my first successful grow, constantly telling me "That's why they call it weed, mom!"

By all means, feel free to PM me. I'll help you where I can.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Nice LOL..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 3 weeks left or so. Lowered the lights, a little lst to the plants in veg. 20180309_192638.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dropped five beans four days ago and three broke soil. Let my contribution begin...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  17. Hey guys, I would like your opinion. When I harvest the 3 bears im looking for about 15 to 20 percent Amber trichs. I went ahead and pulled a small low bud off so I could get some accurate trich pictures. She is currently 8 weeks 2 days into flowering. I was thinking about a week more, maybe 2? What do you think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. I would say definitely another week, with possibly a second one needed, depending on the state of the trichs next week. Looked to me like there was quite a bit of still clear trichs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. I myself would probably go 2-3 weeks.

Sent via my pet rock.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. You have quite a set up. Welcome to the show!

• Like Like x 2