--- the vaporizer club ---

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by JCrohn, Jun 25, 2009.

1. What do you all think of the Pax 3 vs the Firefly 2?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Personally the Pax 3 was more flexible to me.
    While the Firefly 2 is a fast convection hit, on demand, it feels (to me) more awkward to hold, and uncomfortable to touch the buttons that produce the heat. It also holds very little in the way of meds.

3. That's a fair point. In my experience, the convection hit is really nice, but the pax 3 beats it out in terms of portability and comfort in your hand. Though the changeable battery on the Firefly 2 is great for road trips.
    The Grasshopper was able to produce a really nice convection hit for me too. One of the best convection hits I've had. Though they had some production issues that seem to maybe be fixed now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Whew, it's been ages since I've browsed or posted here and it's good to be back! I have a pretty decent collection of vaporizers now and they're all pretty great, some sticking out above the rest. My first real vaporizer I used long term was my Flowermate V.50s, a red one. You can't beat these for under $100 dollars. Amazing build quality and vapor production for the price. Later I wanted to move onto more advanced and high end units when I was able to pay the price tag, so last month I got a DaVinci IQ, a PAX 3, and an Arizer Extreme Q. All three are amazing units...

The DaVinci IQ by far is the best of those three for flavor and I love it's little marble on the inside of the chamber lid for packing some herb further down in, it's flavor chamber does what it says and helps cool down the vapor, and I really love the bowl pick it comes with built into the top of the device under the mouthpiece! The PAX 3 is great for vapor production and while not as good as the DaVinci IQ for flavor, is still an excellent vape with it's own charms and is another great high tech vape with it's own advantages.

The Arizer Extreme Q is my first desktop vaporizer and it's incredible.. Hoo BOY does it get me stoned! Especially when I use it with the whip/hose it comes with which makes it feel like a hookah but with vapor. I'm always on another damn planet every time I use it! Just yesterday my Arizer Solo 2 arrived and I've heard nothing but good things. I got the mystic blue color and I've charged it but I haven't used it yet. Probably should be able to later today! I'll probably make another post and talk about the results when I do. Happy Halloween month vaping everyone! Stay stoned and stay spooky.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Hi all, I am new. I love my 8 year old Silver Surfer vape! Just this year I "dabbed out" again and the apparatus fell off my desktop before breaking the whip. Can't believe the vape held up this long and so much for the fallacy that vaping can't be strong enough for you to dab out with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Vaping can definitely be strong enough to dab out with. All depends on the heater and power...

• Like Like x 2
  7. For some serious dabbing.... or use with flower.......
    or both at once (Dab in the dish as the dab's vapor passes through your herb... called "TWAXING"),
    look into the NewVape FlowerPot.....
    great herbal vaporizer... Great Dab tool... and it does both at once!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice review! Slick design.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bump for a great thread

• Like Like x 1
  10. I used the Arizer Solo 2 before I went to bed last night and it's one of the best portable vapes I've ever used! It's very much handheld and pocket sized, but definitely large for a portable so some might consider it semi-portable, but it works like a charm! Some of the best flavor I've ever had, almost makes the weed taste like fruity coffee, and oh man when set to about 190 celsius or above delivers hits like you've never seen!

Amazing portable vape, if you really want some bang for your buck and a portable vape that hits very similarly to a desktop vape, the Solo 2 is the way to go! I'm about to wake and bake with it and 2 of my other vapes, the PAX 3 and the DaVinci IQ. I'll probably go downstairs and use my Extreme Q in a bit too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. i just watched a youtube review on the Arizer Solo 2 and it does appear very nice for around $200. Not stealth due to size and there was mention of the glass stem being easily broken if not careful... But the 3 hr battery life is nice... more for home use i would say than out and about but who wants to always lug a desk vaporizer around the house or be confined to a single vaping area? Not me and being a light user would never consider a desk vape for my needs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I still prefer using the original Arizer Solo, as the body remains cooler to the touch, after back to back sessions.
    I do like the Solo 2, but find myself reaching for the Solo more often (the reach test!)
    I use the Solo 2 about 3 times a week, while I use the Solo daily.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. I'm in! I use a DaVinci vaporizer.

• Like Like x 3
  14. just now finishing up a vape sesh with the homie. DBV hooked up to 12" skinny straight tube. OG Kush.
    :yummy:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Looking for a new portable. I like my arizer air, but it's dying. Looking at something with removable 18650, like the air. I see the 'argo' but am not sure about it. Anyone have recommendations?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Look into the RBT Milaana. There is a learning curve, since it is on demand vapor upon depression of button, and can get hot, but any vapor fanatic can learn to toggle the switch to get it just right... It uses an 18650 battery.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Looks neat, but it doesn't appear to be on sale anymore. Their website and the other few I deal with all show out of stock.
    It's just a mech mod though right?

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. I own 5 vaporizers, you learn as u go.

For powerful hits the STORZ and BICKEL "Mighty" is king of portable vaporizers. Has the power of a desktop vape, good build quality and fair battery life. Its a bit pricey but ya get what you pay for. Primarily convection with some conduction. $300 to $350

My second fav is the Arizer Solo 2. All glass pathway, your buds never tasted so good. This vaporizer really stretches your weed consumption, and battery life is fantastic. Also a hybrid, mostly convection but also some conduction. Price point $180 to 200.

Both vaporizers I mentioned don't require grinding up your flowers, lol. LIL nugs vape just fine, just jam one in. I hate grinding up my dense buds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I loved my original solo. Looking for a new portable myself. After reading this, will just get the solo 2. Personally don’t like my arizer air. Never use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3