The Vaped Bud Thread - ABV AVB CBA

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by engadine, May 2, 2012.

1. What do you all do with your vaped weed?

I tried searching for a thread that could shed some light on vaped bud, but strangely enough I could hardly find anything. I just wanna learn more about the stuff and it how can be used.

I find that I can hold off buying a bag for a day or two by re-using the vaped stuff. Get the box hot, draw slowly and you'll be chilling. It doesn't get you high as fuck, but I do feel nice and stony afterwards. The sorta high that puts you into a chill mood and lets you enjoy your bus into work but once you get there your functional enough to work confidently.

2. I've definitely re-vaped in hard times and experienced a similar thing. Not super high or anything but it helped me get to sleep.

There's quite a few things to do.

You can make hash or tincture with it (there's a guide on here for specifically usng ABV for tincture, I'm on my phone now but Ill edit in a link later), and you could definitely use them in edible recipes!

You can also just straight up eat it as some blades do. Its already activated due to vaping, so eating it straight does technically work, but your body will probably digest it more efficiently if its not in a dried herb form. Both should give results though!

3. #3 Droogie, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
    There are several things you can do with Already Been Vaped, or ABV bud.

Edibles (Oil, butter, tinctures): Check out the "Incredible Edible Herb" section.

Eat it Raw: You can actually eat ABV raw and get at least some effect. Because ABV has already been decarboxylated from the vaporizers heat it is ready for consumption. This usually will take about a gram for somebody with a low tolerance, and probably several grams for a daily user. The amount that you need to consume depends heavily on tolerance and how "spent" your vaped bud is.

Re-vape: You can revape it far more effectively if you grind it up extremely finely. (This is what I find with my DBV anyway) By further grinding it you're exposing more surface area, and thus more cannabinoids, to be vaporized. Using a bong/water-pipe attachment helps I've also found.

Smoke: I DO NOT recommend this. If you're desperate you may achieve a moderate head buzz for a short period. The smoke is extremely harsh and bad tasting, and the effects are minimal to nothing. I once smoked 5 or 6 bowls in a row of ABV with ZERO results.

EDIT: being totally stoned I skipped right over Heo's post and now realize I pretty much just re-wrote everything they said. oops :smoke:

4. No harm done! Couldn't agree more with you about smoking it though. Almost surprisingly gross.

5. I eat my abv raw with some water and get a nice buzz within 20 minutes.

My friends like to smoke it though... different strokes I guess but its pretty gross

6. oh how ive been waiting forthis thread to be created!!!!
    ive only used AVB once and did the cannaoil recipe witch knocked me out cold for the night and gave me aheadache the next morning. possibly used to much??? idk

but i love avb hahaha
    props on making this thread yo, i hope it staysfor good.

7. Use it in edibles at 2-3x the amount you would use for fresh herb (some folks use more). The only other difference is that you don't need to decarb it because, as posted above, vaping does that for you. I save all my ABV and use it to make edible canna-oil (check out the edibles forum for techniques and recipes). :smoke:

8. I think I'm gonna try putting raw abv into a milkshake and chug it... to see if it actually works

9. Since I made this post I've found that revaping is my personal favourite option. Most people won't like it since it lacks the thc "buzz" but I've found the body high to be really relaxing, a much more calming high. Also you can just stick this stuff onto a cake with a lump of butter, bake for 15 minutes and bingo.

10. I know that others don't recommend it, but I usually end up smoking AVB. It's still strong enough to get me baked after a bowl (dank used 3x in the Volcano).

My question is this. I know you can heat up oil (EVOO or the like) in the oven and extract THC from AVB like that (which I've done, tastes pretty good with some bread and dipping spices mixed in the oil).

But I want to know can the oil break down and absorb the THC over time without heating it?

What I would like to do is get a few ounces of EVOO, and simply keep adding AVB to it all month long, gently stirring it every few days or so. Then after 30 days, strain off (through cheesecloth or the like) the oil and use it in edibles.

Will the oil be potent after 30 days? (figure several grams of AVB will be added)

11. [quote name='"tokinITguy"']I know that others don't recommend it, but I usually end up smoking AVB. It's still strong enough to get me baked after a bowl (dank used 3x in the Volcano).

My question is this. I know you can heat up oil (EVOO or the like) in the oven and extract THC from AVB like that (which I've done, tastes pretty good with some bread and dipping spices mixed in the oil).

But I want to know can the oil break down and absorb the THC over time without heating it?

What I would like to do is get a few ounces of EVOO, and simply keep adding AVB to it all month long, gently stirring it every few days or so. Then after 30 days, strain off (through cheesecloth or the like) the oil and use it in edibles.

Will the oil be potent after 30 days? (figure several grams of AVB will be added)[/quote]

pretty sure, but to be safe i would throw the oiled abv in the edibles along with the oil. Most people do

12. Potent is subjective but the theory behind what your saying should work!

13. [quote name='"engadine"']

Potent is subjective but the theory behind what your saying should work![/quote]

Potency isn't subjective in the sense he means. There is a measured amount of actives, and that amount can be increased.

14. to the oil guy... i would def do that but then maybe slightly heat it up, or keep it in a warm dark place. warming it will release even more things you need.
    letting it sit would work, but heating is better. and would be more potent.

15. #15 tstick, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I made qwiso with mine. I think it depends on how much you vape your vaped weed. I, myself, only lightly vaporize the light "first" vapor and then it gets dumped into my ABV jar.

I agree with those who advise against smoking it. Yes, you CAN do it, but, as has been stated, it tastes like shit.

Surprisingly, the qwiso does NOT taste bad. In fact, it tastes very light and floral. I made mine with a 30 second soak and a 30 second shake with 99% isopropyl alcohol...strained it trough several coffee filters onto a plain, smooth, white glass plate and then let it dry for a day...scraped it onto the edge of a razor blade...froze it...shattered it and then topped some bowls with it. It tastes very nice....the only "drawback" being that it was HEAVY in the sedative CBD area -which makes sense, since I already vaped most of the THC away from the weed. The less-volatile cannabinoids are all that's left, essentially....So, you WILL go to sleep from smoking too much of it.

The next time I make qwiso, I am going to use high-proof vodka, instead of isopropyl...give it a longer soak and a longer shake and then use the qwiso to add to a limoncello tincture idea I am working out at the moment.

16. I usually don't vape my bud to death so that I can play with it later, I use it in fire crackers, vape it again. I didn't know you could make hash out of it so thank you to whoever posted that one, I will give that a go once I have enough again.

17. I use my ABV in glycerin. I have a constant supply of tincture.

18. [quote name='"treehugger057"']I use my ABV in glycerin. I have a constant supply of tincture.[/quote]

how much in how much glycerin?

im guessing with abv you dont have to heat it?

19. I usually end up with 4-5 grams per ounce of glycerin. I'm sure you can get away with less. I prefer if I'm pulling out tincture in a public place for it to be quick and easy.