The Usual Suspects

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bulzac, Aug 25, 2009.

1. One of my favorite movies of all time. It is such a great story, and Singer directs it beautifully. The ensemble of actors is also superb. This movie is what makes Spacey one of my favorite actors. It's no wonder he won an Oscar for his performance.

If you haven't seen this movie you need to immediately!

2. Great movie, a definite must see.

I've heard rumors that there are plans for a sequel, but haven't seen anything concrete. Could be all BS... then again, Hollywood is out of ideas.

3. A sequel? Who exactly would return? Nearly the entire cast was killed off :p

4. Oh yes

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj5vERbLtYI]YouTube - Usual Suspects Lineup[/ame]

5. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time, the ending is so amazing and unexpected.

6. ...I said he'll flip you...

7. Fantastic movie, long time runner up to my top five. Besides "American Beauty", this is Spaceys best role. But ofcourse, the entire cast in "The Usual Suspects" are just spot on.

I just love movies where the "bad-guys" win. Ooops, that was a spoiler. Anyhow, it is the surprise that is so satisfying. You expect the usual Hollywood wrap-up, where the nearly inevitable moralistic fairy tale of "good-guys" wins, always, is the end result. Very few movies break that formula.

Which is also why I love the Hannibal Lecter series (Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Red Dragon, Hannibal Rising). Which is why I find that Star Wars ep. 3 and 5 are the best.

Then again, when it comes to drama and humour, I am drawn to the dark side so to speak.