The UN's new international radiation symbol HAHA

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Feb 18, 2007.

1. geniuses i tell u geniuses!

2. [​IMG]

Why do people, who are apparently intelligent and creative, make such stupid things?

3. cause they think "others" are dumb so they have to "simplify" things for them haha

4. Someone had fun drawing that. Go to the local middle school...contest: the best drawing of a radiation sign gets 10 minutes extra recess. Wow, what an influential organization the U.N. is, who is in charge there again?

:laughing:

5. I like the old radiation symbol better.

6. As do I.

7. Oh that crazy, useless UN

8. Lol someone make a picture of the radiation sign with a weed leaf instead of the radiation symbl and on the bottom of it put "We get radiated every day"

9. ha, that sign is ridiculous. What the hell were they thinking?

10. Fucking sweet!

New tattoo idea...

11. It's pretty to the point I guess, but I'd spend more time in the radiation looking at that sign than the other one.

12. uhhh... whats so funny about that. since this sign was probably intended for the large amount of people that read TOP TO BOTTOM, LEFT TO RIGHT, you would see....

RADIATION ----> DEADLY -----> GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE

pretty easy to understand, its a freakin sign its meant for simplicity not an elaborate work of art to show that radiation is being emitted from a specific source.

what would you 'geniuses' put as the sign....? most of you bashing this one say you like the original... lets think about that: "Lets put a dot with 3 blade-like shapes around it! Everyone will instantly know thats an indicator of deadly radiation!"

not everyone is going to understand the plain radiation symbol, although it does look really cool. with this sign, everyone knows what a skull and crossbone is, everyone knows what running is, and red cant be a good thing either. if you dont know what the first symbol means and still cant tell the sign means danger, please let us know and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer cuz you are a MORON

case closed

Take this as a very clear warning: This type of disrespect does not float here. *RMJL

13. It would probably help you to argue objectively and without the disrespect and name-calling.

Your account will last longer too.

14. Well, I'd either have stuck with the old one... or simply just put "Radiation" in big bold letters, on a sign.

Anyone who can't figure it out from there, can go make a radioactive waste sandcastle, for all I care.

15. I would have put a skull and crossbones on the old one. I don't really think you need to tell people to run from death. And if you do need to tell 'em, you probably shouldn't.

I do not think that people in China (or numerous other places) would be able to read the word "radiation" as well as you and I. I'm with you on the radioactive sandcastles however! ;)

16. Keep in mind, this is the UN we're talking about.

Most of the world doesn't speak English. International symbols are the goal.

hehe, maybe we should all learn Esperanto :p :D

17. Well just fuckin' write it in their langauge then, ya know?

I just don't see how a symbol could be more effecient than a word, assuming the on-looker knows how to read.

Edit;

If they can have 3 langauges telling me how to use and the specs of my toilet paper, on one package... then by god, just put multi langauges saying Radiation on the same damn sign :p

18. And we can't assume that, sadly. We'll we could, but we'd be wrong.