The Unpopular Opinion

Discussion in 'General' started by Spankle, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I agree completely. I know there are good hearted people out there that do the right thing but there presence is scarce. Theirs to many people out there that use there intellect to crush others just so they can get further and have that much more luxury. If i could i would leave this planet in a heartbeat.

2. The term 'Indian Giver' makes no sense because Americans (Puritans) took their land. It should be "Puritan Giver" or something.

3. LMAO!

I think that presidents have little to no effect on domestic or foreign policy. I think they are just the face and figure of the nation. Like a logo if you will. Everything they say publicly is written by campaign managers and PR reps. All the laws and ideas spread around and promoted by presidents is that of their party. They just happen to be the spokesman. Think of the president as Aikman and Hogan on the Rent-A-Center commercials. Do you think they have EVER made a purchase from rent-a-center? No. They just get paid to promote it.

4. Liberals unfairly get a free pass on a lot of issues in America. Media bias is a big one. It's okay to bash FOX news for being a conservative media outlet, but nobody bats an eye at CNN or MSNBC for their obvious liberal bias.

5. Great thread, OP

6. Thread Cred goes to IceMan420. He posted the original thread that got closed. I just made a new one because I loved the topic.

7. I think the 50 shades of gray books are stupid as fuck and I hate hearing about them

8. just because you're high doesnt mean you are a genius

9. I also hate the people that refer to weed as, sweet Mary Jane, the holy herb, shit like that is just annoying. And the people that make up dumbass reasons about why they get high, uh yeah I smoke cause like everybody man is just so mean and it makes me just a better person man.

10. Its fucking lame knowing that everything progresses to an end point (life, driving somewhere, finishing your shift, smoking a bowl, Anything) and I get bitter thinking that I'm farther to the end of some of these things than others and that no feeling or experience truly is sacred because someone has experienced better.

11. Abortion is murder. Fuck "womens' choice," you're killing babies. Not cool. I can understand like if she was raped or the baby could harm her, but just ending someones life because your slut ass couldn't keep your shit under control isn't right. Can't handle a kid right now? Put it up for adoption or just learn to keep it in your pants. If you can't do that, maybe you deserve to die too.

Oh, and I actually liked Bush. He showed a hell of a lot more leadership than Obama. And he got more shit done.

12. Who said they were?

13. A ton of people like to think they're the next Stephen Hawking when they're high, not everyone though obviously.

14. Hmm, I don't often encounter that. Maybe I'm lucky.

15. You are lol

16. Patriotism is bullshit. Let's all pretend to be so united while at the same treating each other like complete shit. 9/11 did nothing for patriotism so lets stop pretending it did.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like this idea. I do however believe in humanitarianism. Seriously though with patriotism... You were born in a certain country so that makes you care about the humans in your country more than another country? What kind of logic is that? "These people were born where i was born by no choice of their own so I totally like them and this country. Fuck everyone else though." It's a "gang" mentality. If you want to feel like part of something bigger than yourself, how about... THE WHOLE FUCKING PLANET.

18. ^ I don't think you know the definition of patriotism lmao

19. pa·tri·ot·ism

   [pey-tree-uh-tiz-uhm or, especially Brit., pa-] Show IPA
    noun devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

That would include the people of your country sir. You can't hate the people of your country but love your country. The people MAKE the country. If the populous of America and Africa switched it would be a whole new place. You can't have patriotism for a landmass.

20. ^ lol in your first post you were trying to say patriotism is a gang mentality and if you have patriotism you only love your country and don't care about anyone else. Good try though