~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. "Love has no claims. Love has no expectations. Most of us were raised to become prostitutes. We have the illusion that with good behavior, good grades, lots of awards, pretty clothes, nice smiles, we can buy love. How many ifs were you raised with! I love you if you make it through high school. I love you if you bring good grades home. Boy, would I love you if I could say my son is a doctor. You become a doctor or a lawyer, or whatever your parents never were able to become, with the illusion that they will love you more. Love can never be bought. There are people who spend their lives prostituting themselves, pleasing other people in the hope of getting love. They will shop the rest of their lives for it and they will never find it."

~Elisabeth Kubler-Ross~

2. #642 live2skate, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups."

"The drive toward the formation of metaphors is the fundamental human drive, which one cannot for a single instant dispense with in thought, for one would thereby dispense with man himself."

-Friedrich Nietzsche-

3. "Heaven forming each on other to depend, a master, or a servant, or a friend, bids each on other for assistance call, till one man's weakness grows the strength of all."

~Alexander Pope~

4. #644 naku06, Aug 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
    "Is it bright where you are
    Have the people changed
    Does it make you happy you're so strange
    And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame
    We can watch the world devoured in it's pain."

The smashing pumpkins-
    The beginning is the end is the beginning

5. "You who govern public affairs, what need have you to employ punishments? Love virtue, and the people will be virtuous. The virtues of a superior man are like the wind; the virtues of a common man are like the grass; when the wind passes over it, it bends."

-Confucious-

6. \t\t \t\t \t\t"Ohhhhhh, positivity strikes one more time and I am quick once again to take up the challenge. Positivity is the slender build of her waist that rapturously ends with the hazel of her eyes. Some time ago a humble writer put his arms around her waist and pulled her close so many times, so many stolen kisses, the breath, the kissing. But as I look back I realize just the chance to hold her would be worth a world. So hold tight when you can and only let go when you must.

Women = POSITIVITY"

-
    AK Infinity

thought i would try and revive that title...

BTW, AK, you said your a writer, do you have any books or short stories or anything by you i can read?

7. Thanks yo. :)

I'm waiting for the right time shop my words around, I just hope it won't be too late by then.

8. im not sure of the exact words but this quote is probably my favorate

"The punishment for a drug should not harm the user more than the drug itself"
    and i forget who said it but it was a US president

9. ~Jimmy Carter~

10. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
    -Lyndon B. Johnson

11. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
    -Confucius

"There is no greater hell than to be a prisoner of fear."
    -Benjamin Jonson

12. "Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every conceived notion, follow humbly wherever and whatever abysses nature leads, or you will learn nothing."

~Thomas Huxley~

13. “If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.”
    Abraham Lincoln

14. "Yet, so far from laboring to know the forbidden tree of worldly pleasures and its various fruits, man gives himself up to a careless and thoughtless state of life, and yields to the lust of the flesh, not considering that this lust is really the forbidden tree."

~Johann Arndt~

15. Imagine how clean the world would be if gravity worked the other way.

16. "Holy men? Holy cabbages! Holy bean-pods! What do they do but live and suck in sustenance and grow fat? If that be holiness, I could show you hogs in this forest who are fit to head the calendar. Think you it was for such a life that this good arm was fixed upon my shoulder, or that head placed upon your neck? There is work in the world, man, and it is not by hiding behind stone walls that we shall do it."

~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - "The White Company"~

17. "I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And in as much as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race."
    -Abraham Lincoln

:D

18. "Don't do it because you need to, do it because you want to"-me

19. "Every choice is an opportunity to make the best choice. Every difficult decision serves as an occasion to firmly reinforce, with your actions, your most deeply held values.

From every mistake, there is much you can learn. In every setback, there are seeds of a more determined, purposeful and effective life.

Every disagreement is an opportunity to more fully understand. Every disappointment helps to shine a light on what you truly value most.

Whatever this day holds, somewhere in it there is positive value. Each moment is filled with possibilities for adding to the richness of life.

If you're determined to make negative judgments and criticisms, you'll find plenty of ways to do so. But what will that accomplish?

Instead, let your life and your awareness resonate with the magnificent abundance that is present in each moment. And you'll find real, useful, enriching value in every experience."

-- Ralph Marston