~The Unofficial Positive Vibrations Thread- Post Something about Peace, Love or Grass~

Discussion in 'General' started by AK Infinity, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Um--- can you say thread subscription?

I was thinking while driving home from a job interview today how much I love my life. The sun is shining, I got a delish sandwhich waiting to be devoured, I have an amazing family and an unbelievable circle of friends. My stereo was so loud and bass-o-riffic 'cause my boyfriend installed an amp and new speakers in my car this weekend! It was such a sweet thing for him to do and it got me thinking about how amazingly lucky I am-- for all the blessings I have and especially him. I've dated the scummiest of the scums in the past (Says something about me though, right? The only thing attracted to an open wound is bacteria!!) and now I bagged myself a friend for life at the very least and the man of my dreams at the very most. If my biggest problem is whether or not I'm gonna pass Statistics this semester then my life is pretty damn good.

:love::metal::yay::love::metal::yay::love::metal::yay:

2. #82 AK Infinity, May 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
    Good Friday GrassCity, I hope all is well with you blades. The weekend is upon us again and hopefully with it a bit of leisure for all of you. I just loaded a bowl with some of the green I grew several months ago and it still has that "oh so fresh" feeling in it, anyway I feel my consciousness altering so we'll see if I can see over the rainbow by the time I'm done.

I plan on seeing Star Trek at some point today and I want to walk into that theater with a little of that boyish wonder I had when I watched it as a kid. My mind would wander all over the universe with Spock and Kirk heralding my dreams of far flung worlds and the strange denizens that inhabited them. My brother and I would lie excitedly in front of the television with our miraculous little heads perched on our hands. It was really something, I can vividly recall those days, but in my way of thinking it's reminding me to never stop dreaming. If one considers that every piece of cement and circuit that binds our world together first began as a random spark in someone's brain.

Never stop dreaming y'all.

"Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before."

~Gene Roddenberry~

3. Here's to members who are different
    members who don't alwats get positive rep,
    members who have ears
    Twice the size of their peers,
    And noses that go on for days.

Here's to the members who are different,
    members they call crazy or dumb,
    members who don't fit,
    With the guts and the grit,
    Who dance to a different drum.

Here's to the members who are different,
    members with a mischievous streak.
    For when they have grown,
    As history has shown,
    It's their difference that makes them unique.

4. I love everybody.
    :)

5. Having a resentment against another person is like drinking poison and waiting for that other person to die.

Chances are that if they wronged you in the first place, your opinion of their character means little to them.

What do they care if you still carry a resentment? Their life continues with business as usual while you devote entirely too much energy to hating them.

So for your own good, let it go. If you don't-- it will continue to corrode your mind and spirit until there is nothing left.

Put your energy into sending positive vibrations to those around you. When you have a resentment-- pray for that person. Pray to whoever you believe will hear it-- god, goddess, mother nature, gravity, or the jedi force-- and ask them to bless your enemy with health, happiness, and prosperity.

If you do this enough times, you will find that you come to actually desire these things for the man or woman who wronged you and that your resentment has been lifted.

Happy Friday, blades. Have an awesome weekend.

6. I love each and every SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! Well... except that one guy:p

7. cake is delicious.

8. I am SO in love with this thread. It's indescribable.

Two days this week, random strangers waved at me as I passed them on the train. It made me smile.

9. I like the first post after the original one in this thread! And I love life :)

10. Day 1 off opiates and surprisingly I feel pretty great. I'm in the middle of a 4 hour drive right now to visit my sister and brother in law for my nieces birthday. The weather is beautiful and for some reason I feel like things are going to change. I know after this weekend I will have gone through all the physical withdrawls so after that it's clear sailing. Too bad I also have to go without weed for the weekend, but I guess what doesn't kill me just makes me stronger.

11. Good to see the positive vibes going on here. I miss having time for the City. Be well, all.

12. I'm sure you have all seen these videos years ago, but I just finally came across them. Pretty moving, if you ask me..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRJPo94iGMU"]YouTube - Free Hugs Miami Beach[/ame]

13. #93 AK Infinity, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    Abundant; Accept; Acceptance; Affirm; Alive; Allow; Amaze; Appreciate; Art; Auspicious; Awaken; Aware; Awe; Balance; Bathed; Beautiful; Believe; Bliss; Blossom; Blossoming; Blue Skies; Bountiful; Breath; Breathe; Bright; Brilliant; Brilliance; Bubbles; Calm; Centered; Challenge; Charged; Cheerful; Chirp; Clarity; Clear; Cleansing; Colorful; Compassion; Confident; Confidence; Conscious; Courage; Courageous; Create; Creative; Crystalline; Dance; Dazzle; Decisive; Delicious; Delight; Determination; Dream; Dynamic; Earnest; Electric; Embrace; Empower; Energy; Energetic; Enjoy; Enthused; Enthusiam; Equanimity; Excite; Faith; Fantastic; Flow; Flowers; Fly; Forgiveness; Free; Freedom; Fresh; Full; Fun; Gentle; Giggle; Glorious; Goodness; Grace; Grateful; Groovy; Growth; Happy; Heal; Healthy; Humble; Humility; Inhale; Innocence; Inspire; Inspiration; Intuitive; Invigorate; Joy; Kindness; Kinetic; Kiss; Laugh; Learn; Liberate; Light; Listen; Lively; Love; Manifest; Music; Nature; Natural; New Beginnings; Nurture, Open, Overflow; Passion; Patient; Play, Playful; Poise; Positive; Power; Powerful; Prosperity; Pure; Purpose; Radiant; Realize; Refresh; Release; Renew; Richness; Savor; Scintillate; Serene; Shine; Sincere; Simple; Simplicity; Sing; Smile; Soften; Sparkle, Special; Stainless; Strength; Stretch, Strong, Success; Suffused; Sunshine; Survive; Sweeten; Taste; Therapeutic; Thrill; Thunder; Tickle; Titillate; Transcend; Transform; Tranquil; Trust; Understanding; Unfold; Unperturbed; Unshakable; Uplifting; Useful; Warmth; Wellness; Wholeness; Wonder; Wonderful; Worthy; Valued; Vibrant; Vibrancy; Voltage; Youthful; Zest.

Please don't let these be just a bunch of words plastered on a page, use them as part of the vocabulary of your life. Let them have resonance in your minds and hearts to the extent that they are not content to live idly inside you along with past memories. Talk to them daily, visit them often, so if or when they appear they won't be unfamiliar strangers, but friends with whom you are reuniting.

14. hmmmm, i love hydrocodone.

i also love people who get bud and look for someone to smoke up. its what i do, because i appreciate it the most when im dry and someone looks out for me

15. Kind of random, but I just read the book Siddhartha, and it blew my mind. What a great book about self discovery. Blaze some bowls an a nice day and read this book (its short). It will make you think differently and overall put you in a good mood. Just sharing the good vibes that this book brought to me and I am not an avid reader what so ever...

16. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-QrSc_Jw3g"]YouTube - Shine - Flight of the Bumblebee[/ame]​

"Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that
    stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness
    that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow delightful
    conditions, all heavenly environment; of these if you but remain
    true to them, your world will at last be built."

~James Allen~

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yt0wxoFl4o"]YouTube - Spencer Tracy: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner ("Remember to Love Your Woman") Monologue[/ame]​

"Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart."

~Marcus Aelius Aurelius~

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZT5sajkys"]YouTube - Shug Avery - God Is Trying To Tell You Something[/ame]​

"Take it slowly. The deepest resentments are wrapped up in a lot of hurt and pain. We think we're protecting ourselves by not forgiving. Acknowledge that and go easy on yourself. Forgiveness means that you've decided not to let it keep festering inside even if it only comes up once in awhile. Forgiveness is a powerful yet challenging tool that will support and honor you, even in the most extreme circumstances."

~Doc Childre and Howard Martin - "The HeartMath Solution~

17. Two more days and I can smoke again!

18. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5G95p8US_c"]YouTube - Store Owner Pulls Gun on Robber, Gives Him $40, Bread & Converts Him to Islam[/ame]​

There really are good people in this world.

19. Man AK you are a godsend bro, seriously.

I need this thread right now because my mom thinks I have a mild case of depression, and I'm starting to think its a true statement.

I dunno why though, I'm a perfectly happy person and I am thankful for everything I have (cause I have pretty much everything I could ever want)

But lately I just have no motivation (although I still do the things that need to be done)I dunno what the hell is wrong with me..

20. Bencker posted this in a different thread and I think it's AWESOME.

This kid is dancing around at a concert all crazy-like and people start joining him one by one until it's a HUGE group of people dancing and it gave me warm fuzzies.

[ame="http://www.break.com/index/weirdo-kid-starts-huge-dance-party.html"]Weirdo Kid Starts Huge Dance Party Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://embed.break.com/745649@@AMEPARAM@@745649[/ame]