The Unofficial Fishing Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Stølas, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Dammit that's a big boat man you definitely need to get a cart or get dropped of right next to the water.

This is what I'm looking at getting next.

Gonna rig her out specially for fishing. I don't see the point in buying a sit on top already rigged out so yeah gonna get 4 boat rod holders on her drill them to the hull. And I'll get a rod holder seat and a more comfy seat and some netting on the back to throw fish in lol.
    View attachment 2441938

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Everything's cheap as chips lol especially off eBay.

These are the boat rod holders they are flush so you need a socket drill but it's gonna be sick fitting 4 to it ha ha

Screenshot_2018-05-07-22-33-35.jpg

These are the seats they do..

Screenshot_2018-05-07-22-34-48.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Edit these rod holders are better as they have the caps on the end to stop water going in but you need a socket drill and would have to fit them correctly other way our boat will sink.

Screenshot_2018-05-07-22-37-22.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm seeing more and more of these these. The walmart in my town is lined with them. Curious why they are more popular than canoes. Are they more stable somehow?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I don't know about over there but you might save a few bucks and rent the bits.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Like I am supposed to be able to stand up on these. More storage space.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. These new sit ons are popular because they are self bailing which means if you roll over which is very very very unlikely but if you do you can just get back in it no problem.

Hey are very comfy and you can use them anywhere I recommend a sit on kayak to an advanced kayaker like myself or just a beginner who has no clue they are so easy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow you stand up you must have good balance I'm lazy and sit down and fish but I have seen men stadium on them out at sea

9. I don't stand on my canoe either but I'd beg to differ with you about the storage space thing. I've only paddled one of those open faced kayaks once and it was years ago.

@icedweed that makes sense about being able to just flip it over and still be able to keep on keeping on...as long as your gear was strapped on. I dumped my canoe going down a river once and that was a bitch to get it to shore and empty.

10. Luggage is stored in dry sacks Screenshot_2018-05-07-23-16-29.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Looks like fun. I guess I'm used to fishing in cold water where you'd do your darndest to avoid getting wet. The only time I used one was in a nice warm part of the Pacific Ocean in Mexico. Was fun to paddle out past the little breakers in.

12. I fish for a living.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ordered this today.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

15. Caught this little bastard last week out at a little local spot. tried going again tonight but 5-0 kicked me and the buddy out after like 15 min! 2018081795223255~2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. My housemate has a big fish tank in our living room area. Not sure what types of fish he has in it, but most have bright orange/blue colors on them. Earlier this year, he forgot to put the lid back on the tank when he was feeding them. On that same day I was cleaning the windows in our living area. I took off the window screens and had the windows wide open to wipe the glass clean. I had just walked outside to our shed to grab some more cleaning supplies when I heard a "kwwaaaaww!" sound from inside. I ran inside to discover that a magpie had flown inside and was poking its beak into the fish tank, trying to eat some of the fish. My housemate also came running into the room while I was shouting "bird, there's a god damn bird!". We scared the bird back out the window and closed it shut. And luckily, none of the fish got eaten.

Not really sure if this a fishing story, but that magpie was definitely going fishing :p.

17. i love taking my daughter fishing, ive been fishing since i was a kid always loved the sport.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Let’s get this thread going again...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1