The Unofficial Fishing Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Stølas, Dec 27, 2017.

1. So lately I've been getting into fishing more and more. Figured I'd stop spamming PYT with my fishing BS so here it is. My buddy really got me into it, and now I'm hooked. No pun intended.

Post your rods, tackle, your fish and local spots, or anything fishing related.

Here's my set up for tomorrow at a local lake that was just stocked with a couple hundred pounds of trout bass and blue gill

Shimano solara rod w/Shimano 4000fe reel, hardbait on the line for bass and trout tomorrow, normally just use nightcrawlers and redworm but trying to try out some trout spinners and crankbaits/hardbait tomorrow.

And here's my latest catch that ended my weeks long skunk streak, a blue gill/pumpkin seed hybrid. Lots of em around here.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Next time you are at a tackle shop pick up some Kastmasters they are a good all around spoon. The gold works pretty good.

I am building a couple of spinning rods here in the next couple of weeks just waiting for my MHX Rod blanks to show up and some other supplies.

Here is a Kastmasters. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. You can also get them in most places that carry fishing shit.

4. My buddy has some we're using today. That's one of the things on the top of my tackle list lol

5. In eastern Oregon we slay crappie with these cheap little jigs (red/white seems to work best for me). I love fishing but have taken a break in recent years. Sold my boat and after living on the Oregon coast I became spoiled and don't really care for the fishing out here these days. Too long of a drive to the kind of fishing I like (clean mountain river trout or coastal steelhead and salmon).

s-l300.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just caught a Trout. Fuck yeah, great way to break in a new rod[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. He was 17 in 3lbs or so. Gonna be good eating. Just got back form a tree run and my buddy is throwing some of the fillets on the grill as I type this. Bouta crack a beer, smoke a cig and roll a joint. Then its eatin time

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Stølas, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017

9. #9 Stølas, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Trout was delicious last night. Still got some saved to make my mom dinner tonight. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Just got this in for the wife. Now I need is the rod blanks and supplies and let the building begin.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's a fatty! Good times.

12. Rod blanks showed up today. Just need the rest of the stuff to show up and a empty day to begin the build. Little nervous as I have never built a fishing rod before. If all works out I am going to build a nice fly rod and start fly fishing again.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Got skunked at that lake we used to go to as kids. But got a new kastmaster spoon that helps get out a lot further. It'll be better for those big ass trout I see people catching at our usual spot

• Like Like x 1
  14. Here's the guy my buddy cuatht today. Got lucky and the people who stock the lake came with fresh trout. Couldn't get much more cause there were tons of people flocking to the spots where they were packed with fish.

Dinner gonna be fire tonight[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Went out and hit the river today for a few hours. Caught one sucker lol.

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Went out yesterday for a bit and got two Rainbows and one Brook. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  17. 1515944081053.png my buddy and I go down to the whirlpool all the time. Amazing Bowes in there. Can't wait to hit the ice for perch

Sent from my E6560T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  18. Can't wait to hit the lake we usually go to. It's a stocked lake but they bring down some amazing trout from the north. Hopefully we go around the 20th which is a couple days after stock or the last day they can.

I'm hungry for salmon tho. Can't wait for the fishing trip, still no idea where we're going though

• Like Like x 1
  19. Went out yesterday for a little bit and got skunked. Had a good time at least.

20. Fast running mountain streams for me love them brookies. Have to wait for snow melt to die down tho

• Like Like x 1