The Universe: Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by JesusC, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Not me...

My FAVORITE planet by far:

[​IMG]

2. AWESOME thread man, great pictures! Awesome posting in this thread JesusC and AkInfinity!

3. Absolute amazing thread man

4. Astronomers using the Spitzer Space Telescope captured this cosmic jet as it barges through interstellar space and creates a glowing tornado-like feature, designated Herbig-Haro 49/50. The jet's source is the protostar located near the image's top edge, not the central star in the image, which astronomers believe is probably unrelated.

The jet's shock front parts clouds of gas and dust at a speed greater than 100 miles per second. Surrounding interstellar material is heated, causing it to glow in the infrared. Blue at the tornado's tip likely is the result of high molecular excitation at the head of the shock wave. The twister's triangular shape comes from the jet's motion, just as a fast-moving boat leaves a wake behind it in water. HH 49/50 is located within the Chamaeleon 1 star-forming region.

[​IMG]

5. Ya man but it makes you wonder about god and religion also. Where do they have any part on this earth, there are so many other possibilities. Im not saying that i don't believe in god, im just saying that there are so many possibilities out there, it isn't feasible and they have no more proof of god than we do of aliens so people shouldn't be as ignorant as to say that we are alone in this universe and more rediculous that we were created by a god who says it's bad to sin. If you do you go to hell, but if you say i repent or take other measures which involve you recognizing god as a superior, washes you of all evil

Isn't it obvious to other people that religion was created to maintain order and do somethng great. Some people got together and attempted to make a belief system for humans to follow for lifetimes. I think and 99.9% know its bullshit but the funny thing is, I did shrooms one time and realised that if i did believe in god and religion, i would follow satan and be rewearded for it. He didn't approve og god and got banished for it. He would embrace me for seeing the lies and not following god, which is what he got banned for to begin with. prove me right or wrong i dont givafuck. lata

6. Ya man but it makes you wonder about god and religion also. Where do they have any part on this earth, there are so many other possibilities. Im not saying that i don't believe in god, im just saying that there are so many possibilities out there, it isn't feasible and they have no more proof of god than we do of aliens so people shouldn't be as ignorant as to say that we are alone in this universe and more rediculous that we were created by a god who says it's bad to sin. If you do you go to hell, but if you say i repent or take other measures which involve you recognizing god as a superior, washes you of all evil

Isn't it obvious to other people that religion was created to maintain order and do somethng great. Some people got together and attempted to make a belief system for humans to follow for lifetimes. I think and 99.9% know its bullshit but the funny thing is, I did shrooms one time and realised that if i did believe in god and religion, i would follow satan and be rewearded for it. He didn't approve og god and got banished for it. He would embrace me for seeing the lies and not following god, which is what he got banned for to begin with. prove me right or wrong i dont givafuck. lata

7. Although your opinion is welcome, I'd rather leave god and religion out of this one. I would hate to ruin a good thread by opening it up for debate on religion and god as most threads in this area seem to hit on at one point or another.

The Universe is beautiful, theres no debating that, and this thread was created to share the beauty of the Universe and to bring us all together to enjoy it as best we can...nothing more, nothing less.

Forget about god, forget about religion, and just enjoy the view....

[​IMG]

8. I feel like

floating

forever

9. You are, and you will....:hippie:

10. can a mod combine this thread and my "space is incredible" thread into 1 big one?

11. [​IMG]

the flame nebula
    [​IMG]

the pelican nebula (i can kinda see it)
    [​IMG]

the horse head nebula (needs no explaining)
    [​IMG]

12. the omega nebula- part of it
    [​IMG]

tarantula nebula
    [​IMG]

hourglass nebula (looks like some dude spying on us!)
    [​IMG]

here's the antenna galaxy, which is a collision of 2 galaxies. according to what i read, the stars in each galaxy will pass right on by but the gravity goes haywire and the 2 galaxies will end up joining together to make 1 galaxy, but spin off a bunch of brand new star clusters. the good news is, our galaxy is set to collide with this one in a few million years, so buckle your seatbelts. imagine how great of a light show that would be

[​IMG]

13. here's a galaxy in a 3D rendering. kinda helps put things in place. only difference is, in space, there are no lines to separate what's beyond all that, so there's no real order as to where this place is.

[​IMG]

14. one with bob marley too

crap and crap loads of stars.

Attached Files:

15. ..epic thread.

a huge thanks from the bottom of my heart to all contributors.

16. its nebula time..........

IC 1396..... i think the 'pillars of creation'... a sexy nebula nonetheless
    [​IMG]

fox fur nebula
    [​IMG]

another pic of my fav....m42 the orion nebula
    [​IMG]

eagle nebula
    [​IMG]

m78 the reflection nebula
    [​IMG]

17. north american nebula
    [​IMG]

probably my favorite pic....the veil nebula
    [​IMG]

now some random cosmos shots.................

something i look at through my binoc quite often, m31...andromeda
    [​IMG]

'chaotic' galaxy m82
    [​IMG]

18. look at the amazing diversity in the shape and type of galaxies. this section of galaxies is known as Hickson 44 and is in the constellation Leo. Very near the middle is NCG 3190. Left of that is NGC 3193. The upper right is NGC 3187 and the lower right is NGC 3185.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmp