Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Union

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by billyboy29, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Now I have always been pro marijuana, but having just watched The Union for the first time I can't help but hate people who are anti-marijuana more than I originally did.
    Has anyone ever shown this to anyone they know that was anti-bud and it's changed their mind?

2. The Union just show good sides for weed, not bad ones. Never forget on bad sides of weed.

3. Yeah friend introduced it to me like the first week we started smoking up, it kept my mind at ease for the moment but dude above is correct, there are bad sides (they're almost all mental) but they are more prevalent the longer you smoke

4. pretty sure the union goes over that guys... at no point do they ever say its not a drug, or that anyone should do it. they just bring up some facts about why weed is currently illegal, what this has caused, and proffesional opinions on whether its current status should be changed. and a funny thing is there really isnt any real badside to weed. most of the time people who develop problems from it would or had the problems anyways (such as laziness). if weed were really horrible for you it would be used as a medication that replaces other medications because of THEIR harmful effects.

5. I never used the word horrible chill, you're just blind if you think it's absolutely 100% beneficial in every aspect of the drug.

6. I do not get why people want to legalize. It would DESTROY the industry.

7. [quote name='"DerekCA"']I do not get why people want to legalize. It would DESTROY the industry.[/quote]

No, it would destroy the illegal industry of it, and open up a bigger, better legal industry that would develop new technology and pump soooo much money into the economy. It would also create millions of jobs, something that we need. Also, you're just saying that from a dealers point of view...

8. Yes the black market would be killed and prices would be slashed by that happening it would cost more to grow your product than its actually worth. So growers disappear and the growing would be industrial growing like tobacco and a corporation would be in control of your product. Will they add all different additives like they do with tobacco? They will need to re write years old laws, decide where and how to sell it, age requirements etc. Marijuana being legal will not pump bills into the economy and save it. IMO I like the medical model more than legalization.

9. You don't understand the problems the black market causes. You probably got great deals, but idk if you saw my thread about my dealer threatning me. For those of us who do not have a stable connection, it can be tough.

10. [quote name='"DerekCA"']I do not get why people want to legalize. It would DESTROY the industry.[/quote]

I am not for legalizing for other reason but this ^^^ is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

11. I bet if it was legal they would still grow it the same as they do now just larger scale, of they used chemicals to make it grow fast but made it more unhealthy people wouldn't buy it. At least I wouldn't, tabacco has no positives so people really don't think of all the shit they put in it as a big deal because their use to it, we know so much about the health benefits of weed so I dont think they would ruin that .

12. [quote name='"smoking515"']I bet if it was legal they would still grow it the same as they do now just larger scale, of they used chemicals to make it grow fast but made it more unhealthy people wouldn't buy it. At least I wouldn't, tabacco has no positives so people really don't think of all the shit they put in it as a big deal because their use to it, we know so much about the health benefits of weed so I dont think they would ruin that .[/quote]

I don't know, I think that if the government could regulate how marijuana was grown they would grow it the fast way with all the additives and growth hormones they would need to maximize profits. IMO if it was legalized weed just wouldn't be as pure and safe as it is now with the medical system. I could be wrong, but I'm on the fence. As long as I know my weed is from a good source that wouldn't grow it with chemicals I'm all in favor of legalization.

13. I showed this documentary to my parents and my dad completely agreed with the legalization of it, but my mom would not believe anything that was said. She just kept saying "Oh they made that up, I've done my research." She is a very ignorant lady but I still love her.

14. [quote name='"Lavions"']The Union just show good sides for weed, not bad ones. Never forget on bad sides of weed.[/quote]

Name one bad side?
    proven to not cause brain cell damage or lung cancer.
    if anything promotes brain cell growth.
    there are suggestions that smoking from adolescence into adulthood it may cause schizophrenia, but only if you have a genetic predisposition to getting it anyway. but this has also been proven untrue.
    People who are lazy on marijuana were lazy before they started smoking, there's no two ways about that.
    and marijuana is the best medicinal product known to man and has never caused a single death in its existence. so why is it still illegal?

15. Underage using? Mental addiction. Slow reflexes, dangerous for driving. I think its more than one.
    And by saying that you are old enough to use it doesnt mean you know how you use it.
    By saying that "You cant be addicted to it when you are smart enough" is lie.
    Yes, also today drivers smoke weed and drive, but when you make it legal, it will not stop, maybe even it raises.

16. Actually they talk a lot about underage using saying legalizing it would solve the problem because currently the dealer decide if you're old enough to buy it.

17. Yeah, but it wouldnt stop anyone ask older friend to buy it from them. I know its same as at alcohol, but its same way bad...

18. First of all, everything in life can be mentally addictive, it's something personal and has nothing to do with weed itself. Slow reflexes is also personal, I've seen many top-sporters doing their thing way better when high, I also experience this as well. I can focus alot more and my reflexes are better / stays the same.

And it has been proven that total car accidents dropped significantly at places where marijuana was decriminalised. Also I drive better high, which is something personal again. It's also about being responsible and knowing what you can and can't do/handle. And Marijuana is a great tool to help you with that.

And yes, you almost can't become addictive if you know how to control the mind :D

All those things you've said is different for each person, and is not directly related to marijuana.

19. The Culture High by Adam Scorgie
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2IL7sgaTBY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2IL7sgaTBY[/ame]
    Follow up video in the making! Need to spread the word.

20. [quote name='"iJetLife"']

First of all, everything in life can be mentally addictive, it's something personal and has nothing to do with weed itself. Slow reflexes is also personal, I've seen many top-sporters doing their thing way better when high, I also experience this as well. I can focus alot more and my reflexes are better / stays the same.

And it has been proven that total car accidents dropped significantly at places where marijuana was decriminalised. Also I drive better high, which is something personal again. It's also about being responsible and knowing what you can and can't do/handle. And Marijuana is a great tool to help you with that.

And yes, you almost can't become addictive if you know how to control the mind :D

All those things you've said is different for each person, and is not directly related to marijuana.[/quote]

^^ that