Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Union: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Game301, May 7, 2011.

1. The Union: The Business Behind Getting High

I'm sure all of you have seen or heard of this movie at some point, some people praise it as a must-see documentary and others say that it is biased and unreliable. Where do you stand on the topic?

I personally enjoy the film, biased or not, it sure is entertaining.

2. good ass movie i bought it from blockbuster when it first came out and watched it a few times then loaned it to a friend but it is really good i couldn't believe how exact the pound prices for retail and wholesale were it was crazy

3. I think it's a great video. Doesn't matter to me if it's a bit biased, it evens out the propaganda.

4. I think it's a great film, but I do get a little tired of people treating it like the Holy Grail, it's not like watching it automatically makes people agree with you.

5. Sick movie very informative and just generally entertaining. I see the bias but I dont think they were spouting nonsense either.

6. good movie, not a reliable source for information...very biased.

7. what part do you consider biased it was produced by a non smoker, non grower/drug dealer point of view, to me the only thing they do is give up way to much game, and tell way to much information, and basically put drug dealers and growers on blast, the only part i could see that might be a little biased is the weed 101 part but they are telling the truth from test results that the government lied about

that train car grow is a fu*kin trip, 20 long and 20 wide, those dudes were ballin out of there so much equipment the cops couldn't take it all

when i first watched it i was like damn they just gave up the game on everything it was scary someone would divulge so much information about the black market and now after the fact i watched that movie almost 3 years ago about 2 1/2 actually i believe videos like that make this industry that people like me make a living in and rely on for income, cause the weed market to become whored out more growers more dealers, more people trying to get a piece of the pie driving down the price i can retail my lbs and flooding the market with product, for example in CA in 06 could sell lbs for 4-4500 of extremely high quality medical buds, by 08 i could sell lbs for 32-36 and lb in 09 i could sell lbs for 26-32 now in 2010 and 2011 i was getting anywhere from 1500 to 1800 per an lb i can get lbs for 700-1000 and it's not even harvest season lol people are just planting and lbs are that cheap and i believe part of the reason is movies like this and all the other things that glorify weed, tv shows like weeds etc

8. to anyone who hasnt seen it you can watch it here: letmewatchthis.ch

I think its a pretty good documentary, i bet if i showed my mom she would agree with it

9. used to think it was awesome, but i've seen it and interviews from it a lot, and it's kinda worn off to me now. it just reminds me how ridiculous it is that its still illegal and all that, so it just upsets me now

10. It just annoys me that every time someone mentions a person who does not smoke, or doesnt agree with smoking, theres at least 5 posts with that movie mentioned as if it will change any persons mind.

Its entertainment for stoners. Nothing more, nothing less.

11. Marijuana's worth more ounce for ounce than gold?

I'd hate to be paying almost $1,500 an ounce.

12. #12 blkarmphoenix, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    True that. I personally am not a fan. Its entertaining yes, but doesn't contain any more info than a few well worded google searches would yield

13. One of my favorite documentaries. I have watched that shit three to four times. Couple weeks ago was watching that shit high. Good facts in their too

14. #14 Sickleg, May 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Until about 5 years ago, the price of gold was well under an 500 dollars.