The Ultimate fighter

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Necrostophelies, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Just because a guy is big doesnt mean he knows how to throw a punch and generate power from it. Generally big guys do throw harder punches but its the technique in it that can make those punches so much more powerful.

Roy has a lot of experience, fought some really tough guys and did pretty well against Andre Arlovski, and was even winning the fight until the ref completely fucked up and stood them up when Nelson was working for a sub and was landing knees to the body.

And Kimbos last fight was his fourth pro MMA fight, so he has had plenty of training. He was even training under Bas Rutten. Kimbo is gonna lose this fight, id put money on it. I think this match up was set up in advance to purposely have Kimbo lose. Dana is outspoken about his dislike for Kimbo, and having Kimbo lose to an out of shape "fat guy" is going to make MMA look better. Just my .02

2. well spoken, but that dude did draw his power from his knees and twist... classic way to generate power.. :rolleyes:

and his fight was good with andre. but he did get beat. kimbo will expose him for being a slow brute.
    i cant even say hes a brute really.

this season of the ultimate fighter has the highest ratings a show on spike tv has had.
    and its bc of kimbo, ive always been a fan of mma and i watching it regularly but its the kimbo fan wave thats the boost of ratings.
    dana white doesnt like kimbo.
    but dana white likes money more than his dislike for kimbo.
    he's not going to put him up against someone he'll lose to right off the bat.
    bc when kimbo goes, his fans will too.
    they put him up against roy, and showed all the clips of Roy hyping himself up talking about" me and kimbo is the fight of the century" so it seems like it will be a good fight,
    but it wont.
    kimbo will win, his fans will stay, and dana will continue to sleep in a house full of money.

imo.

3. See Kimbos gonna stay in the house win or lose. And win or lose hes going to fight in the UFC. Like you said Dana loves money. And Kimbos a huge name whos gonna bring in PPV buys. But Dana does hold grudges and has matches made to "punish" people, if you will.

And this wouldnt be the first time that the UFC made a match to make MMA look like an "elite" sport. Remember the Gannon/Hinkle fight? Gannon is the one fighter that Kimbo lost to in his "underground" career. The UFC gave him 1 fight to a little known wrestler named Brandon Hinkle, and Gannon was completely dominated. He was left a bloody, busted mess in the middle of the cage in the first round. Then they had Hinkle fight Monson, who was a "top level" fighter and Hinkle lost pretty easily. Then Monson was given a title shot, which he lost.

The UFC is out to make itself and the sport look as good as possible, and as elite as possible. They routinely do fights that will make certain people look bad and others look good. This is what they are doing with Kimbo.

4. i'll agree completely with you on that.
    we'll just have too see that happens next wednesday.

what about rashad and rampage.
    who do you pick to win that fight?

5. Why is a black belt under Renzo Gracie not taking it to the ground against a dude with virtually no ground game to speak of? Doesn't make sense.

I think Roy Nelson will take it, just because he has way more experience and he's more well-rounded than Kimbo. At the same time, how the hell are they going to advertise for this show anymore when the Rampage/Rashad fight is off and if Kimbo gets finished in the third episode? It seems like Kimbo's gotten just as much screen time as Rampage and Rashad have.

6. The fight is off. Rampage come out and said hes retiring from the sport to pursue an acting career (hes got a role on the A-Team movie):rolleyes: My guess is that he makes himself look like a total tool later in the show, and it helped make his decision.

Theres rumors going around that Evens gonna face Thiago Silva, but i dont think anythings been made official

7. rampage?! an actor?!

hahah hardly lol.
    o man, thats sad.
    for the acting world atleast.

8. Yeah really, I agree with Dana White when he said that rampage is a nice guy but makes really stupid decisions. First he did a terrible job of picking a team and now he quits to act? okay.

9. Yeah probably not the best career decision. He posted a couple long blogs about it on his website. But the guy is pretty charismatic and seems like he might do well as an actor...and he better hope so since Dana tends to hold grudges on people that screw him and the Rashad/Rampage fight was gonna draw a huge number off PPV buys.

10. anybody see yesterdays episode? had some business of chemical kind and two dude beating the shit out of each other wasnt exactly the best idea.

11. Yes, it was pretty funny actually. Halfway through the fight both fighters had their hands on their hips and were sucking wind with rashad screaming at the top of his lungs to "PUSH, GET HIM!!!, PLEASE GET HIM!!!"

12. Roy Nelson via second round submission. :D

Roy wins no doubt.

13. Hah my $$$ is on Kimbo wins by 1st round knockout.

14. From what Ive read of some of kimbos interviews kimbo loses badly.

15. #55 Budzilla420, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009

I called it a week ago...and i was right :D Even tho i was rootin for Kimbo the whole time lol

16. truth.
    i was watching last night and i was like damn im going to have to eat my words tomm.
    ah his stand up looked alright, his ground game wasnt close enough to roy's so he ate it there.

dana white will throw him a contract fer sure tho.

17. Like Rampage said wtf are you going to do with someone the size of the moon on you.

18. Crucified by Fat Country Nelson, not the best way to get beat in the Ultimate Fighter, haha.:D

I really wanted Kimbo to win, and his standup actually looked pretty good, he just couldn't do fuck all on the ground, and got taken out.

19. yea seriously lol

i was goin for roy jus cuz i dont like kimbo...well that opinion changed somewhat last night...he's an ok dude i guess...youtube is what made me not like him but he's actually not what i thought...so when the fight started i was not being biast, but still thought he wasnt gonna win...

i was right...

roy nelson fought like a pussy, but he outsmarted kimbo...he got him in the same position twice, which isnt easy...

i still think kimbo gets a contract also...win or lose the ultimate fighter, its a business decision

20. care to elaborate?