The ultimate Dollar Store grow guide!!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SexyStaci, Mar 27, 2009.

1. #21 cantharis, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
    I am definitely middle aged, LOL. I am an outdoor grower, never done anything other than soil. The Spanish sun does us proud here, but have recently got a 400W MH to veg my proposed first winter grow.

Would love to hear your debunking of the old wives´tales, I try a bit myself but they seem reluctant to lie down and die.

2. That's where we're alike. If I know I'm right about something, I'll argue it until the day I die!! Stubborn to the last to be sure. But look at the guy that posted about Aluminum foil, 1 post, and I guarantee has never grown anything worth a damn. We're rebels you know? Fight the power!! Down with the man!! And all that good stuff... :)

3. #23 ocitown, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
    Was 2 years out of HS in "85" and most don't remember "Woolworths" or "The treasury" here in the US,but i consider myself middle aged under 45.:eek:

cantharis,you went through middle age in the 1980's.:eek:

4. #24 cantharis, May 24, 2009
    Not quite, cheeky bastard !!!!

5. People who have never grown come on here and just repeat garbage they have read.

6. aw man I've got some of those twisty bulbs around here, I'm doing an outdoor grow but I might put one under at night time... hmmmm

7. No, don´t do that. Decide if you are an outdoor or indoor grower. Not good for the plant just to randomly alter its light regime to something unnatural.

8. Might also draw a lot of attention as well! The one plant outside lit up by cfl's!! Hahahahaha

Hey, I'm still under 45 and I'm not considering myself middle aged!! What if I live to be 120? Technically 60 would be middle aged, wouldn't it? (I'm thinking positively here). To look at me most people say 28. It's an inside joke around my house, I've been 28 for so long I can't even remember my 30's:) But I was always a fitness junkie, I always ate right, I work out every day, I don't have children, and again I love plastic surgeons! By the time I'm actually middle aged, I'll be more machine than woman, I can assure you of that! I'm getting pretty close now :rolleyes:

9. 60 is the new 40, so I´ve heard.

10. incorrect, http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/165331-getting-most-your-lights.html. ER blankets are better & almost as cheap

11. So because someone wrote that thread, that makes it true? Again, someone please post a picture of these mysterious hot spots. I've used aluminum foil about 50 times, and I have no idea of what a hot spot is. Is mylar better for reflecting light, sure is. But I still don't buy into the hot spot theory, I don't care who wrote it. Instead of resurfacing someone else's writings, prove me and Cantharis wrong. I'll gladly admit defeat when you do.

12. #32 cantharis, May 24, 2009
    Sexystaci, jcj is another one. He vaingloriously refers to himself as POTGOD, but doesn´t have the confidence or ability to post a current Grow Journal. (If you want to see mine, go to http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/280072-cantharis-grow-2009-a-42.html)
    Click on the reference jcj gives, you will see that he refers only to another post that HE has invented, expecting us to be impressed. I still am waiting to see a pic of these hotspots, but jcj doesn´t post any pics that HE has taken. Like you, I am a user of aluminium foil - it works brilliant. Those who say it doesn´t have NEVER used it.

13. I personally haven't been posting pictures because I have too many plants to feel comfortable posting new pics. But here are two of my root cellar. This all is from one (1) plant I cut down last night. And guess what... Aluminum foil grown. Check my grow journal, I'm foiled up more than the Hanson Brothers. And btw, no hot spots. I didn't even include a picture of all the popcorn buds, and at least 5-6 ounces of heavy triched shake for hash.

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      134.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      103.9 KB
      Views:
  14. If you hold up an emergency blanket you can see through it!! If light is passing through then it obviously isn´t being reflected!! More rubbish being spouted by someone who has just READ about it.

15. how is northern cyprus at this time of year

I could do with a good holiday :(

16. Absolutely, well done.

17. I have been to a few places in the Med., it is only a couple of miles away, not been to Cyprus yet.

18. I told you, I love to grow pot. Way more than smoking it! I don't know what the big fuss is, and why everyone has to be so specific about everything. Lights must be this many lumens, exactly at 14.3 inches above the plant, at exactly 78.6 degrees, from seeds from this seed shop only. Please... I think if you actually read the stickies, take things one step at a time, and use some common sense and a lot of care, growing exceptional pot isn't that difficult.

As for the weather in Cyprus, beautiful... from what I'm told hahahahahaha;)

19. I tend to agree. A lot of people growing pot are people who may never have even grown a few houseplants in their lives, so when they decide to try growing pot it can be really intimidating. It's kind of like someone handing you a new born child when you've never been near an infant before. Then the baby starts crying and squirming and you're afraid you'll break it. :)

Plus, there are those videos people watch showing you exactly how they get such and such results and if you aren't really familiar with plants, there is the tendency to stick exactly to others' instructions in the hope of getting the exact same results.

20. thanks for the lovely guide!:hello: