The U.S Gov'ts Hyprocricy On Terror

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Felt, Aug 3, 2011.

1. #21 jcofillinois, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    their bombers had the range. with the axis powers formed, they could station their bombers in germany and then make the flight from there to the east coast. they may not make it to chicago, but they could have slammed the east coast. and kenjamin, what is up with you? everywhere i see you post you're trying to start something. all my information is 100% legitamite. i got them from the chicago bureau of census, and the new york census. go check it out. don't slam my knowledge with what you believe is right. if you don't like what i have to
    say, then so be it. if you don't like my info, take that up with the bureaus.

2. #22 noviceGrower420, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011

No way in hell a ww2 nuclear bomber would fly from germany to the east coast and back.

3. #23 Verdurous, Aug 5, 2011
    I'm not trying to start anything. lol It's a forum. I didn't realise we were only dealing with facts like some kind of a science conference, rather we could actual express our ideals and call other people out on bs dualities.

4. #24 jcofillinois, Aug 5, 2011
    the yokosuka P1Y had a range of 3,337 miles. the distance from new york to germany is 3,857 miles. so that gives them about 500 miles to go out into the atlantic on a carrier. the yokosuka was also carrier-capable. and who said japs come back? have you ever heard of kamikaze?

5. #25 TheAtmansPath, Aug 5, 2011
    it was more than 246,000.
    &
    they were working on nukes perhaps, but they didn't have them. you're over estimating the death toll in the US because the dead would be limited due to geographical features of Chicago and NY. in fact, hiroshima and nagasaki wrre picked for maximum casualties and devestation due to their location etc, otherwise we woulda nuked Tokyo. and you acted like every single person would die in NY and Chicago. and that we would not have shot down their plain.

6. #26 Raoul Duke II, Aug 5, 2011
    They couldn't have done any of that, mainly because all of their European allies had already fallen. The pacific theater lasted a few months longer than the European did and we had effectively destroyed Japan's entire navy and air force.

Not only that, but they wouldn't have used it on us if we hadn't used it on them as they were already trying to surrender. We were the ones that wanted a total unconditional surrender though and we weren't going to allow Japan to keep any of the territory they gained from the war. In fact we wanted to take and hold some of that land ourselves. I don't see in any way how the invasion of Japan would've been absolutely necessary in the light of this. The numbers of the people that would've died if we didn't drop the bomb are pure bullshit. That may have been what was need to achieve the same results from the war, but it wasn't needed to end the war and reach peace.

7. #27 jcofillinois, Aug 5, 2011
    http://www.atomicarchive.com/Docs/MED/med_chp10.shtml

and the numbers i posted are not bullshit. it's the worst case scenario. if they did happen to drop the bombs on new york and chicago, those are the number of lives that would have been lost. new york and chicago are big places. they were big back then too.

8. #28 Raoul Duke II, Aug 5, 2011
  9. i know, i'm aware of the treaties and peace forms we agreed upon.

10. #30 Raoul Duke II, Aug 5, 2011
    What about the ones we didn't agree upon? The ones that weren't good enough for us. We (and they) knew they were utterly defeated and we wanted to deal the final blow before Russia was able to end the war either militarily or diplomatically and benefit from the treaty process. The American empire was trying grab as much land from them as possible.

The Japanese couldn't fight a war any longer. The bombs dropping were partially the beginnings of the Cold War.

11. #31 rain dancer, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
    I didn't have to read the article to know what happened, but I read it anyways. I'm a history major, professor in training who's been studying this stuff day in and out for years. No need to take the side of one historian who disagrees with the historical facts, no offense.

Also, if you're going to single me out in the future, at least read my response before you do so. I actually responded to many of the things wrong with that article in my post.

And of course the U.S. supports terrorism. The U.S. was FOUNDED by terrorists, at least our founding fathers are terrorists by the current definition we've created for our enemies. Those who resist a tyrannical govt by violence are terrorists, because they inflict terror on others. As for excusing behavior, being hypocritical, selfish and greedy.....lol, welcome to the human race.

12. The invasion of Iwo Jima, an island a mere fraction the size of Japan resulted in 7000 casualties, and here this guy pulls some numbers out of his ass and its a mere 46k? PULEASE. If this author has no source for those numbers its as good as drawing them out of a hat. (lest I remind you that the Japanese did not surrender even after having an atom bomb detonated on one of their cities? That is very scary, and very sad.)

LOL everythings 20/20 in hindsight. So far The world had seen over 50 million casualties, defeated the third reich, witnessed the total devastation of Europe and Russia, and now your telling me we should take a gamble by not dropping the bomb and having the Japanese become victorious.

What an insult to every allied soldier and civilian who had lost their lives at this point. A slap in the face to not end the conflict as soon as possible. Not to mention that the sooner the war ended, the sooner the reconstruction of Europe could begin. Many Europeans were in dire need of help, and every day the war with the Japanese raged on, more civilians die and the long, long road to reconstruction would continue (Germany was not completely reconstructed until the 1980's, ponder that)

13. Yeah I guess they wouldn't bother coming back lol.