The Two Old Friends Reunite!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by amtip, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Alright, so from the time I was born I've had this friend, K. We spent essentially every day together when we were little. When I was 5 years old I went on vacation, and when I got home, he was gone. I had my best friend ripped from my hands, and nobody knew where they went. Turns out he moved to Chicago. I got to see him once every few years when my family would go to Six Flags.

So, 12 years later, I'm 17 and find out that he moved back to my town. I was like "Oh, cool, but he hangs out with all the douchebags so he's probably not cool." and just kept on doing my own thing. So I finished high school, turned 18, and went through pretty much my whole summer. Then it was down to crunch time. I had 12 days left until I left for college, and I had nothing to do as I had just went through some girl bullshit. So I decided to go see what was going on in my small home town. Gram in one pocket, my glass in the other, I hopped upon my old bicycle and hit the roads. Just a little info, my town is 1/4 mile x 1/4 mile, so it's tiny. So after a few laps around town on my bicycle, I end up going to my friend T's house to see if he wanted to burn one. I walk into his house, and there's T and K sitting there, with K's cousin D. I was like "Sup, wanna burn?" So we burned a few bowls and just chilled for a while. A few days pass, and I'm chilling in my room preparing to burn and decide to invite K so we can talk about old times and whatnot. So I ended up driving over to his house and picking him and D up, and drove up a not often traveled road to burn one. So we burn one, and we're just chilling and chatting.

So rinse and repeat a few times, and we learned that we're pretty much the same guy, we think the same, act the same, like the same things, etc. We've been hanging out constantly over the past days until I leave, which is in 2 days, and we're both just mad bummed that we didn't end up hanging out earlier.

The important thing I learned, though, is that I learned if you have a true friendship, 12 years and 400 miles isn't going to ruin it.

tl;dr,
    Best friend moves when I'm 5
    Moves back when I'm 17
    Don't hang out with him because he hangs out with douchebags
    End up hanging out with him
    We're pretty much best friends again
    I leave in 2 days