Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Tumors Are Really Shrinking

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GD1966, Nov 2, 2012.

1. this and the other 4 pages really says it all. wish you both the best

2. Thats awesome man, im happy for you dude.

3. I never expected this kind of outpouring of support. This online community really is the best! I read all of your posts to my wife for their good vibes!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Loved your story and your love for your wife. Best of luck and I subscribed to this thread for updates.

I use the GC Forum iPad app so I can't give or see Reps. :( Sorry.

5. Ok well we went to the Oncologist yesterday. To say he is pretty amazed at her turnaround is an understatement. No amount of Chemo even slowed Her tumor growth down, so to see her gaining weight, smiling, and not filled with anxiety about dying is so wonderful! Our doctor said yesterday that he couldn't condone the use of marijuana due to legal issues, (Texas), but we were doing something with cannabis he couldnt do with his Med training and high powered drugs!

• Like Like x 4

6. Well, not only is it great for you and your wife but it's also great for the cannabis community. With every amazing story like yours, we get closer and closer towards not only legalization but full implementation into the medical field.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #67 Storm Crow, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
    GC, the oncologist might be interested in this new study that just popped up on PubMed! :D

Cannabinoids and omega-3/6 endocannabinoids as cell death and anticancer modulators. (abst – 2012) Cannabinoids and omega-3/6 endocannabinoids a... [Prog Lipid Res. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannabinoids-endocannaboids are possible preventatives of common diseases including cancers. Cannabinoid receptors (CB(1/2), TRPV1) are central components of the system. Many disease-ameliorating effects of cannabinoids-endocannabinoids are receptor mediated, but many are not, indicating non-CBR signaling pathways. Cannabinoids-endocannabinoids are anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, anti-invasive, anti-metastatic and pro-apoptotic in most cancers, in vitro and in vivo in animals. They signal through p38, MAPK, JUN, PI3, AKT, ceramide, caspases, MMPs, PPARs, VEGF, NF-κB, p8, CHOP, TRB3 and pro-apoptotic oncogenes (p53,p21 waf1/cip1) to induce cell cycle arrest, autophagy, apoptosis and tumour inhibition. Paradoxically they are pro-proliferative and anti-apoptotic in some cancers. Differences in receptor expression and concentrations of cannabinoids in cancer and immune cells can elicit anti- or pro-cancer effects through different signal cascades (p38MAPK or PI3/AKT). Similarities between effects of cannabinoids-endocannabinoids, omega-3 LCPUFA and CLAs/CLnAs as anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenic, anti-invasive anti-cancer agents indicate common signaling pathways. Evidence in vivo and in vitro shows EPA and DHA can form endocannabinoids that: (i) are ligands for CB(1/2) receptors and possibly TRPV-1, (ii) have non-receptor mediated bioactivity, (iii) induce cell cycle arrest, (iii) increase autophagy and apoptosis, and (iv) augment chemotherapeutic actions in vitro. They can also form bioactive, eicosanoid-like products that appear to be non-CBR ligands but have effects on PPARs and NF-kB transcription factors. The use of cannabinoids in cancer treatment is currently limited to chemo- and radio-therapy-associated nausea and cancer-associated pain apart from one trial on brain tumours in patients. Further clinical studies are urgently required to determine the true potential of these intriguing, low toxicity compounds in cancer therapy. Particularly in view of their synergistic effects with chemotherapeutic agents similar to that observed for n-3 LCPUFA.

And Granny's translation for those who just lit one up! :smoking: (and have these guys ever heard of paragraphs?)

Cannabinoids / endocannaboids prevent common diseases including cancers. Cannabinoid receptors (CB(1/2), TRPV1) are the main components of the endoccanbinoid system (ECS). Many of the healing effects of cannabinoids are controlled by the CB receptors, but many are not, showing that there are non-CBR signaling pathways.

The cannabinoids are anti-inflammatory, stop the growth and spread of cancer, and kill cancer cells by apoptosis (the normally programed death of a cell) in most cancers, both in test tubes and in animals. They do this by using several different ways to stop the cancer cells’ “cell cycle”, cause the cells to self-destruct through autophagy, set off the apoptosis process, and in other ways, simply inhibit the tumor.

Oddly, in a very few types of tumors, cannabinoids can make things worse – causing the cancer to spread and refuse to die! Differences in types of receptors and concentrations of cannabinoids in cancer and immune cells can cause anti- or pro-cancer effects through different signal cascades (p38MAPK or PI3/AKT).

Similarities between effects of cannabinoids, omega-3 as anti-inflammatory, antiangiogenic (preventing new blood vessels to feed the tumor), anti-invasive, anti-cancer agents indicate they may use the same pathways.

Evidence from test tube and animal studies, show that Omega 3s can form endocannabinoids that (i) activate CB receptors, (ii) act in way that don’t use receptors, (iii) stop the cell’s cycle of growth while increasing apoptosis and autophagy and (iv) help chemotherapy agents to work better!

They also form other compounds that don’t react to CB receptors, but have other anti-cancer effects.

The use of cannabinoids in cancer treatment is currently limited to chemo- and radio-therapy-associated nausea and cancer-associated pain apart from one very promising trial on brain tumors in patients*.

Further clinical studies are urgently required to determine the true potential of these intriguing, non-poisonous compounds in cancer therapy. Particularly in view of the way cannabinoids seem to work so well chemotherapeutic agents, and that it is very similar to the way Omega 3 also works well with them.

Granny :wave:

*A pilot clinical study of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in patients with recurrent glioblastoma multiforme. (full - 2006) [FONT=&quot]Clinical Studies and Case Reports[/FONT]

8. This thread almost bursts of all the happiness that is inside, I wish you the best in life and health!

9. It's honestly amazing to hear that. Most of us have had an experience with cancer whether it be directly or indirectly. A lot of loved ones lost and to hear one less that's great news. I hope you guys live long healthy lives togeather!

• Like Like x 1
  10. #70 Izzy Mandelbaum, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Granny, do you know which cancers cannabis exacerbates?

I've done some looking in to this recently and found that Tumor Necrosis Factor can be both proliferative/anti-proliferative.
    TNF and cancer: the two sides of the coin. [Front Biosci. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

And that cannabis can inhibit/induce TNF by being heated or unheated.
    " Unheated Cannabis extract and THCa were able to inhibit the tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) levels in culture supernatants from U937 macrophages and peripheral blood macrophages after stimulation with LPS in a dose-dependent manner. This inhibition persisted over a longer period of time, whereas after prolonged exposure time THC and heated Cannabis extract tend to induce the TNF-alpha level. "
    Unheated Cannabis sativa extracts and it... [Int Immunopharmacol. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

I was thinking maybe this has something to do with it helping/hurting certain kinds by which form is used. I've recently tried to move to more unheated/fresh extracts, based on TNF and the link to Crohn's.

11. OP you should get your story heard, more people need to realize we have found a miracle substance and must utilize it

12. This is amazing. I'm so happy for you two.

And, yes, i have tears in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. It has been a long time but I've seen some stuff suggesting that there is a dosing trip point below which the cancer is killed and above which the cancer goes into overdrive. I think it was related to lung cancer. My uncle was dieing of it at the time.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...rID4BQ&usg=AFQjCNHC7zTYXrIVoQyXB0Rdqcwhc5Vs-g

I don't think the above link leads to the original document I was talking about but the relevant information begins in the last paragraph on page 5. The up shot of what I was seeing a year ago is there is a sweet spot in treatment. Exceed it and growth can be accelerated instead of arrested.

14. Quick update! Things are going along fine. My sweetie said this morning that for the first time in two years she felt "normal"! I wanted to jump for joy! Just two months ago she was knocking at Deaths door. Today she feels NORMAL!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks as always for the positive vibes!

16. That is great news.

I am so happy for you guys

17. This is an amazing story, hope your wife continues to triumph over her illness! Best of luck to you both

18. I have been lurking on the forum for a week or so, but knew I had to register so I could reply to this thread.

Your story is inspiring and uplifting; I am truly grateful that your wife has found an effective treatment for her condition!