The Truth

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatFriendlyGuy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #1 ThatFriendlyGuy, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  2. I'm mainly posting this to get subbed to the thread
    But I did read the first page, seems pretty interesting
    this "2 + 2 = 4: It does not equal anything else. The truth is, there is only one truth. Believing 2 + 2 = 5 or 6 or anything else does not make it true. There are an infinite amount of wrong answers, but only one true answer." reminded me of 1984, so I'm even more interested in reading it. I'll get back with more thoughts later when I can read it.
    Cheers!

3. Keep us, or me in this case updated :p.
    Itll take a while to finish so whenever you coma across something interesting feel free to talk about it. Theres 100 pages to this book. I just started myself but im very excited about reading it.

4. 2+2 can equal different amounts if you use different bases (we use base 10)

5. 2+2 will always equal 4.
    2 stones combined with another 2 stones will always have 4 stones. Doesnt matter what base you use, there will always be 4 stones there. The numbers representing might change but there will always be 4

6. there will be 11 stones if you use base 3 :p
    but i get what you mean, you can't alter how many stones are actually there, you can only alter the perception of how many stones there are.
    but it also makes you wonder if we can find the actual truth since we all percieve things differently.

7. Did you get to the part about the Beatles yet?

Granted I wasn't alive in the 60's and 70's, but this guy sounds absolutely insane.

8. People don't really understand what any of this means...sure it may sound deep and insightful, but the message they're trying to get across can only be experienced, not taught or explained.

It's the idea of living in the "now," which is essentially enlightenment - something people chase their entire lives until they drop dead, light years away from their destination.

9. [quote name='"qwerty man"']People don't really understand what any of this means...sure it may sound deep and insightful, but the message they're trying to get across can only be experienced, not taught or explained.

It's the idea of living in the "now," which is essentially enlightenment - something people chase their entire lives until they drop dead, light years away from their destination.[/quote]

I agree but i also think it can be taught how to experience. Like teaching someone how to play piano. They can do it by themselves but it is alot easier if someone is there to show them.
    This is telling people the truth, Its up to them to go out and live it.

10. I love that Thoreau quote on the first page.