The Truth

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by finnagen, May 27, 2009.

1. The Uncomfortable Definition of an Infidel....

Allah or the Lord Jesus Christ? The Muslim religion is by far the fastest growing religion in the UK .

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The _expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam remained speechless.

Needless to say, the organizers and promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with this way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

Within twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.K. to elect a government of their choice, complete with sharia law

I think everyone in the U.K. should be required to read this, but with the Liberal justice system, liberal media and political correctness madness, there is no way this will be widely publicised.

Please pass this on to all your e-mail contacts.

John Harrison MBE. MIDSc
    This incident happened in London

2. IMME shall be here soon.

3. as a christian I've been taught to love all. and though I disagree with alot of what comes from islam I will say this. I respect every man and I respect his wishes. But cross me or my family, or call from a holy war for those who wish you no harm. And those who pray to the same GOD as you, BUT simply believe his son has already came and gone..... same on you.... We need to all drop the weapons, both physcially, spiritually and mentally. We all find GOD in different ways. People miss interprete and miss guide people all the time.

your spiritual leaders tell you GOD wants you to kill for him, but maybe it's just them telling you that. same could be said from all religious parties... I'm not trying to play I'm better then you but I'm trying to say this... we are taught to love not fight.

4. you cant handle the truth

5. #5 IMME, Jul 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    this site is gay

6. The truth is life, and you can find it in the present.

7. Not all Muslim people are as fanatical and fundimentalist though.

8. #8 IMME, Jul 5, 2009
    this site is gay

9. I know how to fix this...no more religions. Let science and logic rule human kind, not some omnipotent invisible being that seems to have no precense here.

10. #10 darthdavid, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2009
    Definitely the solution. Religion has been the cause of too much suffering over the course of history and only serves as a crutch to those unable to face the harsh reality of existence.

All religions are equally baseless and all available evidence suggests that none of them are right. This removes the concept of an afterlife (scary to those not willing to accept it), makes us just another animal that happens to have gotten smart enough to be sentient (removes the feeling of being special that so many cherish ) and places morality strictly on our own shoulders (which takes away the comfort of a black and white moral code that can be followed without thought when convenient and ignored by selective interpretation of scripture when not). Religion takes advantage of these desires and uses them to propagate itself.

Because religions compete with one another they tend to evolve. Natural selection means the religions that survive and gain new members tend to proselytize heavily (gaining more members to keep the religion going), have limited flexibility of belief (to rigid and they tend to break, too soft and they melt away) and tend to foster an "us VS them" mentality (nothing better to unite a group that to give them a common enemy). You see this all the time in Christian groups in the US, every screed they release oozes the butthurt, woe-is-me, we're soooo persecuted mentality making it look like every non-christian wants to come in and turn them into a gay communist muslim or something. And muslim rants read the same way. And so do rants from just about every religion.

Basically, many people use religion to find comfort and the things that make religions successful over the long term tend to make the petty, anachronistic, violent and bigoted. Social change is a threat to them, advancing scientific knowledge is a threat to them, logical thought is a threat to them.

The sad thing is that religion makes enemies of people like myself unnecessarily. I really don't give a shit what people believe, but I'm sick and tired of moralistic crusaders who think that they somehow have a right to interfere in the lives of others, everything from the extremists that go out and kill people (whether they be muslim suicide bombers or christians who kill abortion doctors) or the more mundane sort of nutjob who deliberately sabotages science education in the name of jeebus.

(If you couldn't tell this pushed a few buttons...)

11. This aint just About Muslim ,Bigger Picture guys,For a start Jesus is 1 of the biggest Storys ever told and thats all it is is a Story,so I aint buying any of this But i aint also gone believe what the American State says are Terrorists am just given the Truth the Same reason for this thread ,i know of Corruption that would make you cry :rolleyes:Like Bushes Grandfather been the Key Holder for the Nazi gold:devious: .
    So my love and Best wishes to you all what ever god you believe in and he can't be that Bad if you are on this Site :D:smoke:

12. And its the guy that Wrote the report that is asking you to Mail it on not me ,But sorry i should have Ablitarated That Bit:eek:.

13. No, it doesn't. Even if no established, widespread religion (Christian, Jewish, etc.) is correct, that doesn't mean that there isn't a more spiritual definition to life, like maybe that everyone has to follow their own journey and beliefs to be the best they can be, and that there may be an afterlife.

Don't think that life has to be defined as either science or religion. It could be one, the other, both, neither, or any combination!

14. Absence of evidence is not evidence absence, you're correct on that idea. However, when as much effort is put into searching for evidence as has been put into attempting to prove the existence of something as has been put into the search for an afterlife, a god or anything supernatural and all credible studies still come back negative it's probably best just to assume that there's nothing there.

After all, if such things exist then they don't interact with the physical world in any way we've yet discovered (which probably means they don't interact with the physical world at all, with the level of verified understanding of the universe we have today we're not likely to run into any forces we haven't even thought of on a theoretical basis yet and I've yet to see a credible theory (in the proper scientific sense of the word) that proposes to explain an afterlife and fit it in with our understanding of the way the universe works).

Simply put, with no evidence of their existence yet found then any proposal of an afterlife has to predict the same outcomes as a regular scientific understanding of the world and thus Occam's Razor would say that the simpler theory is most likely correct.

That's not to say that people can't believe what they want to, just don't try and make a logical argument for something with no logic behind it. :D

15. I think that we are taking the idea of "Jihad" to literally. Another interpretation of Jihad is a spiritual war, not against those of other religions, but against one's own sinful nature. We fight a daily "Jihad" against forces that want to prevent us from submitting to God's will, and WHAT A STRUGGLE THIS IS!! Jihad is not about killing infidels or converting others, its about obeying God's commandments.

THe very world Islam means peace. Islam is a religion of peace and submissions to the will of Allah. Not about killing others for non belief. It is only a VERY small minority of Muslims that believe in the literal since of Jihad and wish to kill non-beleivers. You can find this type of extremism in ALL religions not just Islam I think we should look for the similarities in our beleifs systems, not the differences. It is in this quest that we will see that we are all children of God.

16. The koran says to kill infidels explicitly. How can you take a religion, say you live by it but chose to ignore certain parts that you don't agree with?

17. Maybe you need to read some of your previous posts, you are the definition of fanatical.

People like you use religion in order to feel superior over others, its an attempt to cover your pride/arrogance. You'll crack one day.

18. #18 IMME, Jul 6, 2009
    this site is gay

19. I don't know, but ask ANY religious person, of any faith, and I'm sure they have personalized their beliefs based on their own decisions. Everyone ignores the parts of the Bible that talk about rape, and slaughter, except anti-christians who point it out pretty often, or anti-muslims that point to the Koran's very violent parts.

20. Well DarthDavid, there is a scientific subject that actually deals with explaining how more metaphysical things effect the realiy that we experience with our five sense, and it's called Quantum Physics. I think you would be very interested in it, and there is a really cool Wikipedia article on it.

I submit my opinion into this discussion: Quantum Physics is probably the scientific explanation of life. Of course, it isn't complete. It's still promising, though.