the truth

Discussion in 'General' started by Buzzwell420, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Some long while ago, when I was a young and bookish and entirely virgin lad, I stumbled across the old truism “all brides are beautiful.” Being a literal sort, my first reaction was “that's nonsense!” I'm not sure I'd ever even been to a wedding at that point in my life, but I was confident I'd seen unattractive women who would surely marry. However, as I grew older and wiser and more experienced, I came to appreciate the logic of the thing, especially its similarity to that hoary old chestnut and maxim of firearms safety: “There's no such thing as an unloaded firearm.”

With a particular bride or a particular firearm, it might be possible to raise a literal objection; there are, in a literal sense, firearms with empty chambers, and there might be, in a literal sense, brides whose beauty cannot be limned by describing their physical attributes. But the social utility of the claim, in either case, must entirely overwhelm and sweep away any crabbed literal objections; and the man who cannot understand this, ought not to be allowed near a firearm or a woman, either one.

Having reached that stage in my moral and social development, the notion then struck me: Why do we limit this maxim of beauty to brides alone? No obvious reason presenting itself, I resolved that there must, indeed, be no such thing as an ugly woman. And for the most part, I've found it to be true.

2. most of the pretty girls here are extremely ugly inside.

anyone seen devil's advocate.

i was trippin real hard at a fratter when i suddenly got that face-shape-shifting-into-a-demon effect cuz i was listening to what these superficial shallow whores were talking about.

shit almost melted me.

3. i know that feeling

4. I feel like that every time I take Metro North, scooby.

5. where i used to judge people on appearences very slightly, now i do not at all.

in fact, i can honestly say i love every person in the earth because they all have a beautiful perspective that i want to hear. a different take that will only broaden my perspective on my own existence.

its quite amazing once you realize the potential of your own mind, and the expanded potential when you add in everyone elses. . quite a thought to behold

6. Talk about infinite wisdom. Squared. No, scratch that... infinitupled!

7. yeah, been realizing a lot lately

8. Sounds like someone's puttin' pussy and pistol on a pedestal. . .;):D

9. lol!

but really, alot of beautiful people can be ugly on the inside, but so can just as many not-as-attractive people. physical beauty has nothing to do with inner beauty. personally though, i would rather spend my life with an ugly but kind hearted man than some adonis with a chip on his shoulder~

10. no one wants an adonis.

he has a small pee-pee:p

11. fuck my roomate

12. Physical attraction is important for me. Call me shallow, but I probably won't consider a relationship with a woman who is below a 5 on the classic scale.

13. 5 or greater isnt shallow. People who say if she's not a 8 or better are shallow haha

14. Why would someone call you "shallow" when you already did that yourself? All the same, who cares? I know there are biological reasons for men desiring the "more attractive types," but nothing feels better than being with a woman that gets you. A woman that offers her gentle support by being by your side when the going gets rough, that's priceless. The outside of the package is always good but the inside is what endures after everything is said and done.

That's my take anyway.

Stay green.

15. the most attractive ppl to me seem to be ppl who are very much themselves, comfortable with who they are. then it seems the inside and out become the same.

16. well said :yay: haha