Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The TRUTH On Inhaling?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SusanSarandon, Jul 13, 2018.

1. I have been smoking for years. I’ve smoked a lot of things. I grew up an asthmatic so I know the whole breathe to your toes thing with the inhaler. I’ve never been a cigarette smoker. They seem to have an advantage when it comes to smoking pot that I envy. It seems the longer I smoke pot, the harder it is for me to get high. I am still convinced that it has something to do with my improper inhaling. I read another forum that someone posted that they had problems taking in enough air to sing loudly. I also have that problem and wonder if it has anything to do with it. This whole thing with taking “belly breaths “I can’t do it. I’ve always been a shallow breather and I’m always tense. I so badly want to fill my lungs with the great ganja smoke! Also when you smoke a pipe with a carb do you Inhale the entire time even after you release the carb? And if you’re smoking a pipe without a carb do you suck it into your mouth and then inhale? Please be patient with me and don’t write rude remarks. This is a legit problem and I’m trying to find a legit answer. Help a fellow stoner out! :bang::confused_2:

2. Have you ever taken a tolerance break?

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes I want eight months without smoking or doing anything came back same problem

4. Regarding the carb on a pipe, partially blocking the carb while inhaling will mix air with smoke and make it easier to inhale. It's to regulate how strong the smoke is when it goes down your throat. This is different than the carb on a bong where you block the carb until the bong's full of smoke, open the carb, and inhale the smoke. For pipes without carbs just regulate the smoke/air concentration with your lips. You can mix large amounts of air with as little smoke as you can tolerate, you'll just have to take more hits to make up for the weaker smoke.

Do you tolerate vaporizers? Edibles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Try vaping, it will be easier to teach yourself to inhale without the irritation of the smoke. Once you are confident in your 'technique' try small inhales.

Your lungs may just not tolerate the smoke. Since smoking is the least healthy way to get high that may not be a bad thing.

Have u tried tinctures?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I don't know anyone who puffs a stogie the way you puff on a joint but anyways, are you inhaling some air after your hit to "push it down"? Anyway you just do it. You're taking too shallow of hits. It's not going to work until you inhale proper.

7. I have done vaping and it works when I can’t be obvious, but it’s not the same high and it is not my preference… I do have oils, they don’t seem to do the same trick. The first few years I smoked I had no problem. I know I was inhaling because I hacked my brains out a lot of the time LOL. I loved taking straight hits of keif and actually looked forward to the insane cough afterward! And I love the phrase “if you don’t cough, you don’t get off “ so I don’t know what’s different now…

8. you may just need new toys the vape you may want is a firefly2 temps go all the way up even a setting for shatter 500+ f (with smart phone) i am not much for air lately my daily driver is the the proto pipe nice good hits everytime. i would also have many strains 7 plus if you can grind up and make a salad and add some kief

9. With a bowl with a carb, you inhale the whole time with your finger over the carb, and release your finger and inhale a little harder at that point. The best suggestion I can give people when they have trouble inhaling is after taking a hit off whatever device you are using, take a long deep breath of fresh air, don't worry about belly breaths or anything like that, just open your mouth and breath in deep. Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  10. If 8 months didn't do anything then

Try taking a Gravity Bong hit... 0.2/0.3 in one of them gets anyone stoned to the bone

11. That is a lot of information and I don’t understand most of it I hate to admit do you want to talk privately and explain it to me?

12. Never made a gravity bong never seen one used my friend tried to make one out of a small Coke bottle in the kitchen sink but it didn’t really work. I know some of the best are used in the bathtub. Want to help school me on this one?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I think what he was trying to say was to try a vaporizer rather than smoking, he recommended the Firefly 2 which is a type of vape. Him saying it goes up to 500 degrees for shatter is saying he can vaporize cannabis concentrates with the vape ( in addition to regular cannabis flower which is what you likely have - just good ol fashioned weed.).

I don't think this is the right solution though as it seems to be inhaling that is your issue and you honestly want to hold vapor in your lungs longer than smoke as it can be absorbed more than smoke, so if you are already having inhaling issues a vaporizer won't fix that problem.

The final piece he is talking about is just grinding a bunch of different strains up, and smoking them together. This won't help your inhalation either and will just make you not sure of the effects of each different strain. I would say keep your strains separate until you know what strains you like and are good for your needs.

14. Follow that video except use a metal bowl from a pipe or a glass bowl from a bong instead of tinfoil, they get you high as fuck from like 0.2/0.3 of weed

15. I have had astma all my life and have been smoking for 15 years.
    I did get well stoned, but always felt like my lungs wanted to leave my body....lol
    so recently I started vaping....and that chokes me even more....because its pure weed.
    my lungs can't seem to handle pure weed, in a spliff it's the same thing.
    as soon as there is more weed then tobacco I can't inhale it,....like my lungs shut when there is smoke entering.
    so I tried adding tobacco in the vaper aswell.50/50...wich was awefull.
    and now I found that if I add like a fifth or sixt of tobacco ,I can vape it fine ,it tastes like weed ,it feels more like smoking when you inhale it....and gets me higher.
    maybe it works for you....
    also I use a ventolin inhaler one in a while
    completely different matter....do you live in a city or out in the nature?
    because when I lived in a city ,I had a lot more trouble then now (costa blanca ,Spain)
    aaah yeeaaah

16. If you're using your inhaler properly then you know how to inhale.

17. there is another thing to try get a few punch balloons when you exhale blow the smoke into the balloon ,take a breath/exhale and inhale whats in the balloon.(make sure your sitting down)((don't share balloons)))(( due to moisture ,germs these should be tossed after your done smoking))this is no easy task very hard to fill one with air let alone smoke and the smoke being forced into your lungs should have a major effect.((more costly way of doing this with less effect would be to use oven bags easy to fill best for when doing dabs since smoke and oven bags don't mix well.

18. here is a simple vid however instead using foil and making a cross in the cap cut a hole in the cap to fit a stem or find a bowl that fits so no plastic can melt.