The Truth Behind Grow Tents

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by tenacity2986, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Im about to buy a few grow tents, but which ones are the best based on everyones experience? We got the DarkRooms - Growhuts - Growlab - Homebox etc etc....

I think i like the growlabs but have read that they are not 100% light proof but pretty close....what do you guys think of the Growlab 145? OR What do you think about growtents?​

2. This is a very good question. I am in the same boat as you right now and have tried to research them but there doesnt seem to be much info out there. I can barely even find pictures of the things in action.

3. High there I use a secretjardin dr120 tent just for flowering and I think it is groovy. Im sure other people can build things much better but my DIY sucks. My first build almost killed my girls when my huge carbon filter fell one night, thats why I got the tent.

They come with all the holes for wire, ducting or flex, with a pull cord to seal light/air. They have straps to hang fans and filters and vents which you can open or close. They claim to be 95% light proof and I think it is.

You can do alot with a tent, mine has freash air in through an outside vent and fan and an exhaust fan with carbon filter to deal with the hot smelly air. I also have a fan inside to move the air and CO2 setup.

Sadly my project is coming to an end so I removed most of my pictures, here are a few.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme.../167248d1233414492-growing-grow-tent-tent.jpg The flex at the bottom brings fresh air in.

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...7d1233414492-growing-grow-tent-hps-filter.jpg Carbon filter and HPS light (filter is missing the foam pre-filter)

Click the link below my signature to see my flowering girls (LSD) all done in the tent.

Good luck

4. Thanks for the pics and opinion! My hope is that the feedback helps many people other than just myself. I have heard and rumor has it the DarkRoom is the old generation of the GrowLab. Any confirmation on this? I prefer to buy the newer product ideally given it probably has a few fixes and updates to the older generation. Anyone else care to shed some light?

5. Tents are Tents. They work great for splitting a room up ect. They can be used with Co2 with peak efficiency. But be ware they are not air tight and you will get light leaks from zippers and portals. Also most tents material that i have seen do not "black out" light (meaning it does "glow" light like you would expect through a material) I have had to add Panda tarp in sections that i needed full light block.

All the tents no matter the "generation" are very easy to break down/ fold up/ and reassemble makeing them extremley efficient if you don't want a permanent grow area.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting! :cool:

6. I made a trip to the hydro store today and they happened to have one setup so I got a little hands on with it and decided that I have to have one of these. I usualy support my local hyrdo store and buy everything from them with cash but they want $320 for a 4'x4'x4'. Ebay has a 6.5' x 6.5' x 6.5' for under $200 shipped so thats the way I decidedd to go once I get the $$$.

7. I think that the grow tent whilst it serves it purpose it will never replace the indenious avid committed grower. You can make your own tent for a fraction of the cost to grow your weed in. Why pay somebody your hard earnt dollars when you can put together some hard bord with some decorators calk and still get the same results and have a far superior build. Hey we are here to

FREE THE WEED so lets FREE THE WEED

Need any help building a box just drop us a line :smoking:

8. I use them for veggies and they are clumsy at best i am sure there are superior tents out there even the cheap ones i had were not really that inexpensive

9. I've got a tent from ebay and love it... I paid 150 w/ shipping for a 4x4x7 tent. All tents leak light at the zipper, just add a lil velcro to the flaps. Also no tent is going to be stealth with ducting running out of it.

As far as your tent glowing.... that doesn't happen, at least not with mine.

10. I've grown with and without tents and now that I have them I will never go back. Example, the landlord called a few weeks ago to say there will be an appraisal on the house for a refinance. I had a 4x4 hydrohut full of plants in week 3 of flower and a veg closet. I had all plants at a friends house and the whole room broken down to bare carpet in under 3 hours. After the guy walked through and measured all rooms, I put humpty dumpty together again no problem. The tent made it possible. There is not one screw in a wall or anything hanging from the ceiling. I use soil for portability.

The hydrohut silver edition is really a good piece of equipment. I want to hear some reviews of the grow lab, looks interesting too.