The truth about Osama bin Laden

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rashid, Sep 4, 2012.

1. What are your views on the origins, motives, and death of the man known as Osama bin Laden? I have come across a few interesting videos over the years that have always led me to question the honesty of the government on this issue, and the legitimacy of the War on Terror.

One was a BBC Documentary that claimed that OBL was a CIA agent, and that the terrorist network al-Qaeda never existed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkvz4hezmU"]BBC: Osama bin Laden was CIA agent & Al-Qaeda Never Existed - Invented by CIA - YouTube[/ame]

Another was a recorded video of the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto being interviewed by Al-Jazeera back in 2007. At one point in the video she clearly says that Osama bin Laden had been killed by Omar Sheikh (full name Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTEEXG3ge8"]Flashback: Benazir Bhutto Says Osama Bin Laden Dead In 2007! - YouTube[/ame]

A week after this interview, Bhutto is assassinated. In my opinion, this explanation is more than possible. The stance on his capture by U.S. officials after he was claimed dead in 2002 by Pervez Musharraf is extremely odd given the initial objective of the War on Terror being OBL's capture.

March 13, 2002 – President Bush says, “Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all… He's a person who's now been marginalized.… I just don't spend that much time on him.… I truly am not that concerned about him.” (Source)

Is there more to this than the U.S. government is letting on? What do you think?

2. Yeah I would say he was either with the CIA or was killed years ago, they just needed him to be a person to blame for 9/11 so he had to have worked with the CIA atleast a little, but I don't know much about Bin Laden so don't really know

3. Bin laden was put in power by the us.. We gave him his weapons and army to fight the soviets..

You think the US is really just gonna give some rich Arab a bunch of equipment without knowing him just because of Russia? There would of been resistance to Russia regardless of us intervention. And his family is rich, they shouldn't need our aide but yet we gave it to him.. And him for a reason.

4. This is some prison break shit

5. Not sure, but my guess would be "He was not a CIA agent, but his death took place before the SEAL Team Six mission."

6. why couldn't he have just been fred savage?
    dude's a phenomenal actor
    makes at least as much sense as a couple of those options
    who was genghis khan?
    a) a mongol warrior chieftain
    b) a puppet ruler installed by one of the chinese kingdoms to sabotage the islamic unions to the west
    c) georgio tsoukalos

7. He's not dead IMO, he's chillin on a nice private island as a thank you for being the scapegoat

8. C.

Tsoukalos could have gotten a time travel machine from his extraterrestrial connections. :p

9. dont we arm random fuckin people all the time tho?

and it always blows up in our face

10. #10 Nicely Faded, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2012
    [​IMG]

my god, you're right

11. Bhutto made a mistake when she said that bin Laden had been killed. She was talking about somebody else. If David Frost had thought for one second that she was serious, he would have backtracked because this would have been the biggest story since 9/11.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IIn_UnLO9I]Bhutto didn't mean to say "Osama bin Laden" - YouTube[/ame]

12. Bin Laden died years ago.

13. Maybe some day Wikileaks will release the true story(if they can get their hands on it).

14. Fear is a good motivator.

[​IMG]