The truth about LEDs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zanc420, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Not if you know who to buy from.
    I pulled nearly 2 gpw last round and I had a MASSIVE P deficiency and I don't get fussy with lollipopping or mainlining or any of that shit because I use any of the fluffy shit for hash and edibles. I just LST and let them go.

I've spent $2700 give or take at Shenzhen Meijiu Lighting Co and I trust them more than HLG at this point. Nothing came damaged from them except for a very minor scratch on one heatsink. 2/3 of my HLG100s were effed right out of the box and had to be replaced.

The quality control on my boards is awesome. I have inspected them to death. Better than the wayward soldering of my 100's.
    They are legit. At least the ones I got. Even down to the slight inefficiency and slight extra bit of heat coming off my 2700K V1's vs my 3000K V2's

My plants love them and my wallet thanks them.

Keep spending way more at HLG then.....no one's stopping you, no one's stopping anyone. But you're talking shit saying they're all fake. Lots of people on here get good results from them.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I will keep buying my Samsung boards from HLG and I know if I send some one to them they are getting the real thing and not some knock off .
    You cant say that about Alibaba

Samsang is a Japanese company not Chinese...………………….
    Japanese and Chinese hate each other . China is the worst country in the world for producing copied known brand name products
    I know for a fact that some of Alibaba products are pure fake products , Knock off's …… at least all the products I have bought from them were .
    I have had my go around with Alibaba when they sent me some knock off crap .

3. That's a pretty simplistic view of international relations between Japan and China. They do huge trade. But whatever.

I go with suppliers that have been on Alibaba for 5+ yrs and have lots of positive reviews on forums, not on Alibaba necessarily

Bava
    Kingbrite
    Meijiu

You are right about the warranty part. I will give you that. Comforting to know I can send my stuff domestically. But when 66% of my shit came from HLG broken...it turned me against them a little.

Whatever. I love my lights. They dust my HID. They dust blurple. And if they are knockoffs they are the best knockoffs I've seen of anything, and produce insane results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know what you mean, I own quite a few purple lights from several years ago and we were all told they are far more efficient than HPS but they were never even close at producing what HPS could do. But LEDs have taken a huge leap in the last year or two. I have a 900 diode Samsung lm301b panel which was designed to run at 420w but I'm currently running it at 300w. Even at this wattage it's giving me yeilds that aren't far off what I was getting with my 600w HPS. I'm sure if I ran it at 400w it would easily surpass what the 600w HPS was giving me.

I also have a MarsHydro SP-250 LED.
    250w for just £200 and it gave me 14 ounces on both times I've used it. That's 1.6g/watt. It's way more than I've ever managed with any light in the past. I know people have been saying this for years and I have always disagreed, until now. HPS is dead. It now offers no advantage

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 900! Shit....ya got me beat! I rock the 800's, 300W each.

I'm jealous!! Lol!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. This is mine, 6x ISH150 boards, each containing 150x Samsung lm301b chips. I like it a lot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. That looks slick my friend!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I do have you beat with diode count though lol!

I'm rocking 800 diodes/panel x 6 panels.

4800 of the buggers over 27 sq ft

It's kind of retarded actually.....:hookah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daaam, do you have a photo?

10. U bet. Hard to get all the panels in view from below. Each pair of plants has its own panel. 20190729_075858.jpg 20190729_075904.jpg

I swear the effect of these lights compounds when you start loading a room with them.

I could spread these out to cover all of the 36 sq ft and I'd still only need 75% draw to hit 33 w/sq ft.

11. Epic mate. How much did those cost? They look really good. Mine get really hot when cranked up to 420w so I'm currently running them at 300w (30w/sq ft) . I should get some heat sinks really

12. Total about $2700'ish CDN for all of them. The same rough amount of light power in HLG gear at the time were the 550W 4 board kits. They were $1350 CDN a piece at the time, HLG didn't even have these designs.

Each set is capable of 600W. Each individual panel is 300W max.

I am running the entire setup right now at 35%. My heatsinks are 30-31°C. My drivers are basically 33.°C average

I had a runaway the other day because my tablet brain shit the bed. My room hit 30.9 degrees and stayed there for 4-5 hrs. Measured the heatsinks at the time.....30.8° average across them all.
    Only got as hot as the very hottest things in the room.

I love overkill lol!

• Like Like x 1
  13. See, when you initially posted, I thought you meant you had "900" panels. IE 900 diodes per board at 400+W per board or so.

I was like "when the hell did those come out?"

Haha!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ahh right, when I said panel I meant the panel of boards. I chose these because they were low power and wouldn't need a heat sink. Trying to lower the cost

• Like Like x 1
  15. What panels are those I’m looking into getting some

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Thats alot of fotops

• Like Like x 1
  17. Invisible sun, smart.

18. Invisible Sun Horticulture. Click this...
    Collections
    Well worth checking out, they're great quality

Well spotted

19. I’m in the U.S. can I still order these or is hlg the equivalent for us

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum