The Truth about God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by viper11smith, Dec 12, 2012.

1. You might be right, God, might not be a gender, I wouldn't know, ever meet him?

Well if God wants everything to go right, God would restrain from doing wrong.. right?

And I'm not saying God is limited, but the God I know does not do evil for fun.

2. I think this is all well said, and is certainly a positive way of dealing with nihilism, but why invoke God? You are just re-defining the word, why not throw the word out entirely ?

3. According to the Christian faith you must accept Jesus into your heart completely, not simply admit that maybe there is a chance that it might possibly have a small chance of being probable... I mean if that's what believing in a religion is then I am a follower of literally every religion every conceived...

4. #24 Liam87, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    Anybody who believes a soul is created to live a human life, be judged, and sentenced to an eternity of bliss or an eternity of damnation is simply not thinking logically. If something (the soul in this instance) has a beginning, it must also have an ending. No heaven, no hell. Just life, then death. Thus we can conclude, should we believe in a soul, that it is eternal. Always has been, always will be. I am that I am.

5. Thats for people who REJECT the gospel...as for people who havent heard about the gospel or are in the process of learning it, it doesnt say they would go to hell

6. Cite the verse or it didnt happen

Although this one is entirely likely. But still.

7. Logic has no merit in religion. They use the currency of faith.

8. God is evil, objectively or subjectively? is that your opinion or you have found some external objective grounding for morality. You cant say god is evil if he doesnt exist, nor can you say if he did exist he would be evil. If a creator god exists i think god would issue morality for you to follow not the other way around. And i dont see how you can claim any of your evidence to deny his existence. How does carbon dating deny gods existence? The the earth wouldnt be a meaningless rock if god created it for a reason. Following from that, why not a vast universe as opposed to a tiny one? Why not create us as one dimensional instead of multidimensional?

9. #29 Senior PoopiePants, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
    Old Testament. Everywhere. Read it. It's all there. ;)

He is depicted by scared humans as a jealous and angry god, but at the same time compassionate, even though this god has wasted more people than from all of the wars we have created.

It cracks me up. People worship a murderer. :laughing:
    But I'M evil and going to hell for being an Agnostic/Atheist. What a twisted world.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/02/gods-73rd-killing-god-slowly-kills-baby.html

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/03/gods-102nd-killing-god-killed-one.html

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2010/04/drunk-with-blood-gods-killings-in-bible.html

10. After dumping all my ignorance I learned that also but creation is still creation even if that was true he made "'us" so it's kinda not our fault we mess up he mess up it's his fault for literally everything that happened happens and is going to happen his more of a sociopath than a demon-god entity