The truth about coughing while smoking?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by GrandDaddyPurple, Sep 16, 2013.

1. It feels like it, but really all you're doing when you cough is sending more pressure to your head. The only vape I've used so far was a homemade lightbulb vape. It worked great, but even after waiting awhile, the hits were harsh as fuck. I know real vaporizers can be extremely smooth though. Either way just remember; by vaping you are missing out on some cannabinoids, which are responsible for a lot of the added medical and other effects you get from smoking. That's why vaping feels like a cleaner, less foggy high.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. I've heard it gets you higher. Do I believe it? Only if you're hotboxing I feel. I think when you caugh your heart beat speeds up a little bit (I don't know if this is true) which causes more thc and other cbd's to reach your receptors in your brain. Then there's people who say you don't get higher holding the smoke in, which if that's true then hotboxing would be pointless. But I get higher when I hotbox so that argument is invalid. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. Nd i thought i was a nerd for ripping it till i cough ^_^

Sent from my MB865 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #24 Danerrr, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    [quote name="bmxtrev" post="18846790" timestamp="1382120732"]It feels like it, but really all you're doing when you cough is sending more pressure to your head. The only vape I've used so far was a homemade lightbulb vape. It worked great, but even after waiting awhile, the hits were harsh as fuck. I know real vaporizers can be extremely smooth though. Either way just remember; by vaping you are missing out on some cannabinoids, which are responsible for a lot of the added medical and other effects you get from smoking. That's why vaping feels like a cleaner, less foggy high. Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum[/quote]Did you actually make it from a lightbulb? Was there a bag or did you use a home made whip? Sounds pretty cool broSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Yep. Get a regular glass lightbulb, cut out the end and take the insides out. Flush it out with vinegar to get the white coating off so it's completely inert glass. Get a 2 liter soda bottle cap, put two holes in it, one to inhale, one as a carb. Put your herb in the bulb, thread on the soda cap, and hold it over a candle. Profit

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

6. Coughing helps break apart the mucus some may have.
    I cough all the time to clear my throught as cannabis helps with my sonus issues.
    I never cough up a lung in a sense, only a few light coughs to clear the throat.
    Which is good for you.

7. gross

8. Ice in the bong is worse, you inhsle water vapors from the hot smoke melting the ice, which causes irritation and bronchitis. Ice cold water in the bong is a different story but fuck an ice catcher

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I hear ya! When I first started smoking, I thought that it was part of the show and figured it would stop once my lungs get used to it. But thats not the case.  Today, in order for me to really relax and enjoy a sesh, It has to be high grade, smooth tasting weed. When I can hold it in without coughing and it tastes so good. Thats relaxing. But coughing your head off for 5minutes after you take a toke totally ruins the sesh IMO.

10. When you cough when your smoking that means your not used to that weed and you get higher lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I find it it's better weed, even if you take a bigger hit, you cough less. Also, there have been plenty of times where my body had the impulse to cough but instead you have to force yourself to relax, because after you cough once you just want to keep coughing, and then that just makes your throat start hurting and is annoying as fuck. just relax when you smoke and go with your own flow. my opinon

12. man good weed definately makes you cough more. when u smoke really dank green, after you exhale you feel that punch, especially from a bong. shwag has that dry grassy taste and doesnt pack any punch

13. For me its the size of the hit from the bong. I pack baby cones and pull the whole lot thru. I know if I pull a huge cone ill cough and its gonna hurt. It puts a dampner on the high at the start.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. So I'm a huge believer in the whole placebo effect shit. In my opinion when I cough I get higher, but I feel like this is true only because I believe it. If I go into a J feeling like its gonna get me high it will, but say I go into it thinking the bud I'm smoking is shit. Then I won't get as high. In my honest opinion the mentality going into the smoke session is as important, if not more, than the quality of bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I think the mentality going in makes a great difference on how high or what high im going to have but the quality of bud does make a difference to me.

My mates and I are always smoking each other up and its amazing the different weed we all have. A different stone every bud.

I suppose Im talking high right now ;)

16. I find that I divas make me cough. They are very very good for use as an expectorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #37 JollyGreen, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013

LOL, this IS a scary thought.  Maybe it's just the weed, but it's scary.

As for coughing, isn't marijuana an expectorant?  doesn't that mean it can make you cough?

18. My mates keep on packing for me, im finally getting them to understand that I like one hitters and my lungs are fucked lol.

I coughed my guts up last night with a full bowl that my gf packed me with spin (I dont use spin) and I was as high as fuck.

19. And I was couching for a full 5 mins :-/

20. Coughing just means you took a larger hit, therefore got more THC in your system and got you higher. If you're a seasoned smoker though you should be able to expand your throat and lungs to slowly inhale/exhale without coughing, but if you grab a bong and decide your gonna clear the whole goddamn gram in there I don't care who you are you're gonna cough like a little bitch.