The truth about coughing while smoking?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by GrandDaddyPurple, Sep 16, 2013.

1. So what is the real deal with the whole coughing while smoking weed business? Does it get you more high when you cough? Does it mean the weed is good quality?

2. #2 M3ssenger, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
    It means the smoke is irritating your bronchial tubes and lungs. It means that you inhaled too much or it could mean its hot. Doesn't mean its good shit, cuz i cough worse smoking swag. The better the quality the less the coughsOne would argue it would get you higher but I doubt it. If anything its hurting your lungs. Vape or vapor bong. Its less harsh and more efficient.

3. Yeah what he said i smoke joints and if I try to take a big hit i cough because its to hot

4. it sucks i know that much! usually i cough after a larger than normal toke, it's not fun so i try to avoid it. and i wouldnt say it gets you higher...

5. ^this^   This is proof that there is actually intelligent people on GC. Thank you.

6. I hate coughing, my high sucks dick if I cough too much during a sesh.

7. It means you took a monster hit, i always try to get all of the smoke out before i cough though. If i cough the smoke out it tears my throat up, just coughing after i exhale is all good though :)

8. 'Dude, coughing makes you like, 10 times higher'

9. This, although some vapes can still be harsh if you're blowing clouds.

10. I always cough. I like a good cough to clear the lungs out and I feel like my initial high is better. I usually will have a few tokes then one big rip to make myself cough.

11. Coughing is inevitable if someone takes a decent hit off my bong. 

12. I try to avoid taking a hit that makes me cough. I heard years and years ago that coughing gets you higher because it opens up more airways in your lungs, allowing you to absorb more goodies quicker. But I don't necessarily believe that, nor do I give a shit.

13. I cough on every first hit. It can be the tiniest hit in the world and I cough like it was the biggest, or if its a big hit, it's still the same. But after that I won't cough for the rest of the day. Unless I fall asleep then do a wake n bake. Usually comes before the wake and mate lol

Mail me leftovers.

14. I only cough if I let my smoke go stale in transit. Faster hit = softer smoke = happy day for all of us!

15. #15 GanjaFallout, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    I heard when taking lsd you "cough to get off"I think maybe that could be because coughing speeds your heartbeat and that would increase blood flow to the brain or something like that.Don't know if that's the actual way it works and I don't know if people really said that but it was an older gentlemen that told me,When it comes to smoking no idea,I know when I cough when I smoke it kills my throat, so I think maybe all you get is a sore throat, that said I've had a coughing fit while inhaling a harsh bowl that killed me throat and I tripped balls and not in a good way. It felt like my tonsil was twisting round, round, round getting tighter and everytime I swallowed it would twist the other direction. I know it wasnt actually happening but perception is a funny thingLT26i, GrassCity App Something Meaningful

16. Cough to get off is a real thing. It opens up your capillaries and allows the smoke to get to areas of your lungs that it doesn't normally reach.

17. I've been coughing so hard lately I've been throwing up :(

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. everytime you cough while high, it's just your skeleton trying to escape.
    its a pretty scary thought when you think about it...i mean like, we've all got skeletons inside us. seriously, how fucking scary is that.

19. When im toking with one of my buddys everytime he takes a hit he caughs for a good min or so.
    But its strange i can smoke a .8 bowl to my dome an not caugh once i shit you not.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Coughing increases blood flow to the brain, so yes. It does get you slightly higher in a quicker timeframe.

But really, coughing is the worst. Especially if you cough up black, green and red shit. Then it's time for a break and a nice steamy shower.

Put ice in your bong and it works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum