The Truman Show

Discussion in 'Movies' started by HighAsPhuck, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Has anyone seen The Truman Show while high as fuck? I will soon be in this state and want to know people's opinion of the movie.

2. That's such a good movie, and you don't fully grasp what it's about until it's over.

Then you smoke a bowl and it hits:

[​IMG]

My whole entire life is a reality tv show :eek:

3. That movie is crazy. I used to have it on DVD but it is too crazy.

4. I saw half of it and I'm going to see the rest tonight, hopefully. I'm so high right now.

5. I like what this movie suggest about God's relationship with the individual.

Great movie. It's in my top 10.

6. What does it suggest? I never really understood the movie, I just thought it was crazy.

7. Well it suggest:

1) God tries to control our fate and we must break free to regain control of our lives.

2) God's constructs are deceptive/restrictive and at odds with the human spirit.

3) We are just unknowing reality stars in God's staged reality show.

8. Truman show such a good movie, I watch white chicks while I was high lol so hilarious.

9. im so high right now and I saw the movie last night. It blew my mind fuck.

10. dude thats you're interpretation of it, everytime I watch that movie I interperet it differently, that and Weir's other film "Dead Poet Society" are 2 of the best movies ever made imo
    Some other interpretations
    -We are all Truman, blinded by materialismn, the fear instated to us and the hustle and bustle of life to truly embrace the world outside; and breaking free is so difficult you almost don't want to, and once you do you can not go back
    -The cameras around Truman is just like the govenment cameras around us,;everyone in this country is on camera an average of 200 times per day, usually unknowingly.
    there's a whole bunch of others i've pondered I cant think of right now, I needa get high and watch it. also there's a disorder known as "the truman syndrome" in which people think their life is a tv show. This movie also forecasted the rise of reality television, it is a work of art.

11. #12 Messiah Decoy, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    I think that people drawing so many different messages from a single movie shows how much is really explored in the Truman Show.

12. I've never watched it but I have been meaning to for a looong time now haha. It sucks cause I already know the concept and somewhat how things play out just from hearing people talking about it and it sounds like a movie I'd like to get into without knowing shit about it.

13. great movie. havent seen it in awhile. might watch it later today.

14. i love that movie...i wonder...

15. I used to wonder about my life being like that before I saw the movie. Then when I saw it, it really freaked me out and I thought the people who were producing my show made the Truman show as a hint to me.

16. This movie, makes me wonder.. hmm..?