The True Numbers!

Discussion in 'General' started by illcid, Jun 24, 2003.

1. I want to know once and for all the numbers! 1/8 3.5 or 3.2 grams? Ya know what I mean?

Sombody post them up plz! I got a scale and know ill know if im getting ripped off!

2. i'm confused.. i thought it was even a little higher than 3.5... well... maybe not. it still seems everything works as multiples up beyond... up to an ounce i know for sure... so logic would suggest 3.5.

3. Ahh, now one mans ounce is not necesarily anothers.

The standard ounce is 28.350 grams, which in turn makes for an eighth equalling 3.54 grams (3.5 for arguments sake). This is the case if you are working in avoirdupois weights. This is the most common system of measuring weight and in effect means the weight of goods.

HOWEVER

An ounce can also be 31.103 grams, an eighth therefore equalling 3.88 grams (3.8 for arguments sake). This is the case when using troy ounces (the system of weights most commonly used when measuring gold and a few other precious and semi precious metals). This is because Troy measurements make a pound out of only 12 ounces instead of the usual 16.

If you really want to fuck your dealer up however ask for :

(Based on Avoirdupois measure and are approx to the nearest .1)

54.7 grains of bud (1/8)
    2.3 pennyweights of bud (1/8)
    17.7 carats of bud (1/8)
    2 drams of bud (1/8)

There is also a (theoretical) measure of weight called an assay ton which measures approximately 29 grams. So next time you have an ounce of bud in your pocket, just think, that's almost a ton. An assay ton, but a ton none the less!

Anyone still awake?

:D

4. u lost me after Ahh :D, i really didn't get to much of what you were saying. I mean who here really knows what a avoirdupois is. Is it me or r the rest of you quite confused.(No Offence SS)

Basically 1/8 is 3.5 End Ov.

5. Digging on the explanation SureShot. Very well spoken.

6. 1 gram = basic unit of measurement
    1 ounce = 28 grams
    1/8th (of an ounce) = 3.5 grams
    1/4th = 7 grams
    1/2 = 14 grams
    1 pound = 16 ounces/448 grams
    1 kilogram = 1000 grams/2.2 pounds

7. Weedboss & Scorpio/

No offense taken.

It's my dry sarcastic sense of humour.

I didn't expect anyone (or many anyway...maybe the chem/pharmheads) to know what avoirdupois weight scale is but it never hurts to know why something is like it is and alongside that, what
    exceptions there are to that rule.

I thought that:

1 ounce = 28 grams
    1/2 ounce = 14 grams
    1/4 ounce = 7 grams
    1/8 ounce = 3.5 grams
    1 pound = 16 ounces/448 grams
    1 kilogram = 1000 grams/2.2 pounds

Was a bit dull so I thought for those who read beyond the "Ahh" drams and carots would be a little more fun.

Anyway, I'm off to smoke a couple of carots of Rhino.

Peace.

SS

IndianaToker/

I'm digging your reply!

I'll blast a dram for you friend.

Peace.

SS

Attached Files:

8. Sorry dude, i've been caught out twice on clever witted sarcasm today by you and Digit and whatever you thought u thought right and you know it :)

9. It's cos we're British.

10. this is what I wanted, I <3 you and surwhot, not anyone else on this thread.
    thanks